DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experienced photographer, newbie drone pilot

Welcome. I'll be 83 in two days and an avid photography since about age 8. Drones are a whole different ballgame. You have a most impressive camera, for sure (Sony A7iii). For HDR and panoramas, I like to use the grid, and for panos, shoot manually. I shoot three or four images from left to right, overlapping them about 30%. I save in RAW. I bring those RAW images into my software (which is Photoshop CC 2021), and upload to Adobe Camera RAW (ACR). I'm sure Aurora has some option of this. Anyway, once the images are all uploaded in RAW to Bridge, I right click and open all (CTRL+A). The right click again, and "merge to Photoshop." Same engine is used in Lightroom. The stitching will occur automatically, and then after the merge you can follow the options to fill the image frame, and finally, open to Photoshop where additional edits can be made.

Your next challenge will be to learn video editing!!!

Dale
Miami
Took a quick look at your Smugmug gallery and a couple of your hype lapse vids, and loved them! This is one of my immediate goals, to get work like this. Really good stuff! You appear to be well traveled too!

Lots of flight restrictions where I live, as there's an airport a about 5 miles away from home. I always get a warning of some kind when launching. This is why I haven't even been to 100 ft yet. I have trouble hearing what the lady's voice is saying or or sometimes reading the warning before it goes away, as I'm concentrating on flying the bird. I did find the volume control yesterday and turned it up, but didn't fly. Is there a way to replay it, or bring the warning back up on the screen?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Goodwood
Hello all! Wanted to introduce myself. I've been an avid amateur photographer for 23 yrs, but now want to expand my creative choices, so bought a Mavic 2 Pro w/Smart Controller. Have only had 3 flights thus far. There's so much to learn, it's very overwhelming! Attached is a still I took last night, just after sunset. The rule is you can fly up to 20 mins after sunset? I normally shoot Sony A7 III, using 3 shot bracketing, then make an HDR using Aurora HDR. Want to do that with the Mavic, once I learn how! Anyway, I'll be hanging around, trying to absorb as much as I can.
Hi, I shoot a Sony A7R4 and fly a Mavic 2 Pro also. You will never get the quality still shots with the drone as with the Sony but they are the best a (consumer) drone can do with the Hasselblad 1" so you made a good choice. The videos though are incredible and you will be amazed. Also keep in mind you are always moving with a drone so stills are like shooting without a tripod which adds blur. I use an almost magic software from Topaz called DeNoise AI (about $60) and it will take a marginal shot and make it incredible. Topaz has other software too for other purposes but it just amazes me the shots I have saved with the DeNoise AI. Get the trial and try it and you will see what I mean

Hi, I shoot a Sony A7R4 and fly a Mavic 2 Pro also. You will never get the quality still shots with the drone as with the Sony but they are the best a (consumer) drone can do with the Hasselblad 1" so you made a good choice. The videos though are incredible and you will be amazed. Also keep in mind you are always moving with a drone so stills are like shooting without a tripod which adds blur. I use an almost magic software from Topaz called DeNoise AI (about $60) and it will take a marginal shot and make it incredible. Topaz has other software too for other purposes but it just amazes me the shots I have saved with the DeNoise AI. Get the trial and try it and you will see what I mean
I completely agree with you. Stills aren't in the same league as the Sony, especially when shooting very early or late in the day. I have Topaz De-Noise AI, and yes, it will clean up the noise and add sharpness nicely. Want to try the HDR effect in the Mavic Pro, although you must shoot jpg, vs the raw bracketed shots I usually do in Sony.

Hello all! Wanted to introduce myself. I've been an avid amateur photographer for 23 yrs, but now want to expand my creative choices, so bought a Mavic 2 Pro w/Smart Controller. Have only had 3 flights thus far. There's so much to learn, it's very overwhelming! Attached is a still I took last night, just after sunset. The rule is you can fly up to 20 mins after sunset? I normally shoot Sony A7 III, using 3 shot bracketing, then make an HDR using Aurora HDR. Want to do that with the Mavic, once I learn how! Anyway, I'll be hanging around, trying to absorb as much as I can.
Great Pic! Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun