DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External Mic

Mavic_Eire

Reactions
Hi all,

My first inquisitive post. So far I've had great information and hints gathered from here on the Mavic Pro so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I've had my alpine white Mavic Pro for a few months now and I'm enjoying it apart from the odd episode of unstable connection issues and the audio situation.
I want to record the audio of what I film and as has been mentioned in other posts, there are two main issues; the controller fan and the audible alarms or messages. Neither of these can be removed so the only solution I see is an external microphone. But do I connect it to my Note 8 while I film or have a completely external one and pair up the audio and video in a software later?
What have others tried and tested?

I haven't tried it but would think that a noise-cancelling headset mic plugged into your Note 8 would be the easiest solution. The Go 4 alarms/warnings would play in your ear and the directional mic should not pick up the RC alarms.

You can also narrate AFTER the flight. Just do your narration during a playback.. also has the advantage of being able to edit goofs.

I have had my best results overdubbing sounds using stock assets, I added a train whistle and railcar sounds to one of my videos and nobody thought it was over-dubbed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143