DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Drone Zone Remote ID Registry Fixed

Yup, mine is different. Is it so because I am recreational? But I thought even recreational needs RID - in the future. When I hit those 3 dots, it shows me cancel or details. When I click details, all it shows me is the device, serial #, etc. No way to edit it. I guess I will have to check it daily to see if it changes. Thanks again so much for this information.
I have a drone registered under the recreational tab also. I just checked and it just has "Cancel" and "Details" as well. Recreational drone will require RID, so I'm guessing the edit menu will become available for them before September.

Reactions: marshvet
I have a drone registered under the recreational tab also. I just checked and it just has "Cancel" and "Details" as well. Recreational drone will require RID, so I'm guessing the edit menu will become available for them before September.
Big Bro, maybe that's it. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Big Bro
I was able to find my complete RID Serial Number in the Fly App under the "about" menu. You can piece it together using the DOC for your drone plus the original serial number. See the illustration below. The yellow highlighted area is where you add your drones serial to the DOC number to come up with the RID serial number. Be sure to leave a zero at the end. If you don't, it will kept telling you it's a invalid serial number. Ask me how I know! I hope this helps!

View attachment 161612
I went into About and retrieved my MAVIC 3 Serial #, but am wondering where you got the FCC identifier. Is the SS#-L2P2104 common for all Mavic 3? My serial number is already 20 digits long

Last edited:
How could they have made this more cryptic? Thaks for Big Bro's patient guidance.
I know, this has been a can of worms I regret opening! It seems there are 14 digit and 20 digit serial numbers that have been assigned to DJI Drones. I had a 14 digit and had to add the zero it get it to work. Without the zero it kept telling me It was an invalid serial number and would not let me proceed. This is something I found on the DJI forum, but of course now I can't find the reference again. Here is a link to somewhat of an explanation although I'm not sure I completely understand! If you do, let me know.

Is it alright that I do my registration and remote ID stuff under the name: Dave Brubaker as to keep my trusted
public persona from being hit with " He doesnt know what hes doing" and "Is he scared" and of course: "Look, hes getting so old that he cant do much of anything nowadays."?

Is it alright that I do my registration and remote ID stuff under the name: Dave Brubaker as to keep my trusted
public persona from being hit with " He doesnt know what hes doing" and "Is he scared" and of course: "Look, hes getting so old that he cant do much of anything nowadays."?
Well they'd have to look that up to find out. So that sounds good on paper, but probably doesn't work that good in reality.

I entered all of the information for the DOC and submitted it for review. I used the FCC identifier SS3-L2P2104 for the Mavic 3 and today got this rejection from the FCC.

Dear Applicant,

The DOC you submitted for DJI Mavic 3 with Tracking Number RID000000149 has been rejected. Please submit a new DOC for consideration.

This DOC is being rejected for the following reason:

Per CFR § 89.515 Production requirements for unmanned aircraft without design approval or production approval issued under part 21 of this chapter. Except as provided in § 89.510, after September 16, 2022, no person may produce an unmanned aircraft for operation in the airspace of the United States unless— (a) The unmanned aircraft is designed and produced to meet the minimum performance requirements for standard remote identification unmanned aircraft established in § 89.310 in accordance with an FAA-accepted means of compliance. Please note that the above rule is for a manufacturer of unmanned aircraft. Please contact your drone manufacturer directly to inquire if your drone is Remote ID ready. Thank you, Federal Aviation Administration Aircraft Certification Service

Somehow, the FCC has concluded that my Mavic 3 was a homebuilt rather than the already approved DJI Mavic 3. I am definitely RID compliant and broadcasting RID now. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

I entered all of the information for the DOC and submitted it for review. I used the FCC identifier SS3-L2P2104 for the Mavic 3 and today got this rejection from the FCC.

Dear Applicant,

The DOC you submitted for DJI Mavic 3 with Tracking Number RID000000149 has been rejected. Please submit a new DOC for consideration.

This DOC is being rejected for the following reason:

Per CFR § 89.515 Production requirements for unmanned aircraft without design approval or production approval issued under part 21 of this chapter. Except as provided in § 89.510, after September 16, 2022, no person may produce an unmanned aircraft for operation in the airspace of the United States unless— (a) The unmanned aircraft is designed and produced to meet the minimum performance requirements for standard remote identification unmanned aircraft established in § 89.310 in accordance with an FAA-accepted means of compliance. Please note that the above rule is for a manufacturer of unmanned aircraft. Please contact your drone manufacturer directly to inquire if your drone is Remote ID ready. Thank you, Federal Aviation Administration Aircraft Certification Service

Somehow, the FCC has concluded that my Mavic 3 was a homebuilt rather than the already approved DJI Mavic 3. I am definitely RID compliant and broadcasting RID now. Any idea what I may have done wrong?
You don't submit the DOC. That's done by DJI and for the Mavic 3 it's already been submitted and approved. All you have to do is go to your inventory of registered drones on the FAA's Drone Zone and submit the RID Serial number for your Mavic 3. You can only do this if on your inventory page it gives you the "EDIT" menu as I've shown in a previous post in this thread. If the "EDIT" menu is not showing, you just need to wait until the FAA pulls it head out and comes up for some fresh air :)

Reactions: JoelP
Got it. I edited my S/N so now I am done. Thanks! I was thinking that I needed a DOC card to present if asked by some authority.

Just told my renewal that no it has no remote id. Now it won't let me edit my bird until I renew. I suspect after I renew, the edit button will reappear. But it won't let me renew until I answer yes or no to remote id equipped.

The other active as it calls it, will allow me to edit whenever I'm ready.

I was able to find my complete RID Serial Number in the Fly App under the "about" menu. You can piece it together using the DOC for your drone plus the original serial number. See the illustration below. The yellow highlighted area is where you add your drones serial to the DOC number to come up with the RID serial number. Be sure to leave a zero at the end. If you don't, it will kept telling you it's a invalid serial number. Ask me how I know! I hope this helps!

View attachment 161612

Big Bro - I don't know who you are, or how I stumbled across YOUR particular post, but I just went through the trouble of registering here, just to thank you!!! I had NOT been able to get my DJI FPV drone registered, and now I FINALLY have thanks to you and your images and video you posted.

God Bless you!!!

If I ever meet you - the drinks are on me!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_