Join Us Now

FAA Drone Zone Remote ID Registry Fixed

aerialnorthwest

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
aerialnorthwest.com
Happy Monday!

We faced some challenges earlier while trying to update our aircraft registration details with the Remote ID Serial Number. However, we contacted FAA and were informed that the solution would be implemented by today.

We are pleased to announce that we can now effortlessly make adjustments to our drone aircraft registry and include our activated DJI Remote ID.

We extend our gratitude to the FAA for resolving the issue!

Fly free! ;-) T

PS. FAA/Remote ID situation completed (with September's deadline still months away!) ❤️

Visit: FAA Drone Zone

FAADroneZone-Part-107-Inventory.png

Last edited:
Is this something previous registrations can be edited?
Yes Mark! The system was not operating for those who desired to update their existing FAA Drone Zone aircraft record. The ability to update is now working as it should. The correction was made by the FAA yesterday. T ;-)

Yes Mark! The system was not operating for those who desired to update their existing FAA Drone Zone aircraft record. The ability to update is now working as it should. The correction was made by the FAA yesterday. T ;-)
I must not be in the right screen...
I go to my inventory, click on actions, details. I open the screen up showing the details, but I don't see anywhere to edit what is already there,
I did cancel one drone a while back, reregistered to put the RID Numbers in. That one is listed. But I was going to put the RID numbers on my M3P ( If I have one haven't checked ) to make that one current. I will be flying it most of the time over 250 gm.

I must not be in the right screen...
I go to my inventory, click on actions, details. I open the screen up showing the details, but I don't see anywhere to edit what is already there,
I did cancel one drone a while back, reregistered to put the RID Numbers in. That one is listed. But I was going to put the RID numbers on my M3P ( I think they issued me one ) to make that one current. I will be flying it most of the time over 250 gm.
If you don't see a edit option under actions, then they haven't got your model drone set up yet. Need to wait longer. The Air2S just became available today.

Here's a screen shot of what I had:
drone inventory.PNG

If you don't see a edit option under actions, then they haven't got your model drone set up yet. Need to wait longer. The Air2S just became available today.

All I have is details and cancel.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 5.54.57 PM.png

To update, your going to need the edit option. According to Vic you just need to be patient. I've been waiting for months on my air2s. The edit option just showed up today.
I dont think I need to edit anything anyway. I did register the Air2S with RID numbers. I don't believe the M3P has that option just yet. I was just curious. In the past, I had to cancel a registration due to putting in the wrong serial numbers. I would have been easier if I had the edit feature back then. But for now, I will just keep checking in like I have been doing.

Reactions: Big Bro
I presume that the remote ID serial number for my Mavic 3 is different than the serial number that I have already registered there as a Part 107 pilot? The serial number now showing in the Fly app after my update to RID is the one already showing on my dashboard. If the RID serial number is different, where would I find that?

I presume that the remote ID serial number for my Mavic 3 is different than the serial number that I have already registered there as a Part 107 pilot? The serial number now showing in the Fly app after my update to RID is the one already showing on my dashboard. If the RID serial number is different, where would I find that?
I was able to find my complete RID Serial Number in the Fly App under the "about" menu. You can piece it together using the DOC for your drone plus the original serial number. See the illustration below. The yellow highlighted area is where you add your drones serial to the DOC number to come up with the RID serial number. Be sure to leave a zero at the end. If you don't, it will kept telling you it's a invalid serial number. Ask me how I know! I hope this helps!

doc.PNG

I received a "Remote Identification Declaration of Compliance" from the FAA that gave me a FCC Identifier. But, if I go into Drone Zone and select my Air2S, under Remote ID it says NO. Is that a problem or is just not showing since it is not yet needed? Thanks.

I just re-read all of the above. Since I have an Air2s, I would have expected that I too would have seen the "EDIT" screen but it does not show up. Is each individual one becoming available piecemeal?

I received a "Remote Identification Declaration of Compliance" from the FAA that gave me a FCC Identifier. But, if I go into Drone Zone and select my Air2S, under Remote ID it says NO. Is that a problem or is just not showing since it is not yet needed? Thanks.
Change the radio button to yes and you will have the ability to select whether your using "Standard Remote ID" or "Remote ID Broadcast Module" then you just add your RID Serial Number and hit save. Print out your new registration and you're good to go!

Reactions: marshvet
Change the radio button to yes and you will have the ability to select whether your using "Standard Remote ID" or "Remote ID Broadcast Module" then you just add your RID Serial Number and hit save. Print out your new registration and you're good to go!
I do not see where/how to select radio button. Thanks.

Okay, the FAA as usual has not made this easy! Here is a screen capture of the process I went through to update my original drone serial number to a RID Serial number on a drone that was already in my inventory. Now, you may not get the same screens I did as it appears the FAA has not done blanket changes to Drone Zone, but here is what I found yesterday. And as a side note these are not my actual serial numbers. The numbers have been changed to protect the innocent!

Okay, the FAA as usual has not made this easy! Here is a screen capture of the process I went through to update my original drone serial number to a RID Serial number on a drone that was already in my inventory. Now, you may not get the same screens I did as it appears the FAA has not done blanket changes to Drone Zone, but here is what I found yesterday. And as a side note these are not my actual serial numbers. The numbers have been changed to protect the innocent!

Yup, mine is different. Is it so because I am recreational? But I thought even recreational needs RID - in the future. When I hit those 3 dots, it shows me cancel or details. When I click details, all it shows me is the device, serial #, etc. No way to edit it. I guess I will have to check it daily to see if it changes. Thanks again so much for this information.

I have previously answered no on faa drone zone but with no way to change to yes at some later point. Most likely will be an add on module.

My other is a renewal, but I can't renew it until I answer to the remote ID yes or no. And the renewal comes before September!

View attachment 161598
Got to enter all of those valid serial number blocks for each module/drone. But if you are doing an add on module, that's going to have to be available separately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13