DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration NO more officially for recreational

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades

Reactions
Get your refund and your information deleted by the FAA don't let them keep our money even if it is only $5 !! They even give you a choice to just get your information deleted and no refund or get your information deleted and get your refund. It is not about the $5 but the point they broke the law and knew it and still tried to force us. "Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years." if we did not register for hobby use!

Registration Deletion

Reactions: Bayside
Thanks for this, I just got my drone yesterday and was too scared to fly it without registering (which I did, btw.)

I'll have my 5 bucks refunded, thank you very much!

Registration will come sooner than later. Registration does not affect people that obey the rules and apply common sense. Without registration we will have a lot more of risk takers and incidents happening that will lead to more exaggerated drone regulations by communities. I rather have a Federal framework than hundreds of small town city councils stopping us from enjoying our hobby.
Even worst letting companies like DJI doing the limiting and not only having a number like the FAA but a complete record of what we did with our drones.

The new senate bill that passed I believe has the registration rule in it.

Registration does not affect people that obey the rules and apply common sense. Without registration we will have a lot more of risk takers and incidents happening that will lead to more exaggerated drone regulations by communities.
Not only is this not true, the opposite has been shown to be true.

People who commit crimes with their drones... have not registered them.

I rather have a Federal framework than hundreds of small town city councils stopping us from enjoying our hobby.
We've had the registration and _still_ local bodies have been making laws. The registration did not stop this.

This registration did nothing except make a copy a lot of money. I was not against it... but it did nothing but help slow down the media hype.

Reactions: Blades
Not only is this not true, the opposite has been shown to be true.

People who commit crimes with their drones... have not registered them.

We've had the registration and _still_ local bodies have been making laws. The registration did not stop this.

This registration did nothing except make a copy a lot of money. I was not against it... but it did nothing but help slow down the media hype.

I am not talking about people that commit crimes. Those wont register guns, cars, bombs etc. I am talking about normal people that push the limits. like someone I saw yesterday flying a Drone over a pool with 60 people. The case is regulate usage the same way wue have speed limits. without them we would have people driving a 100 mph in a road suited for a 35 mph.

It's not be passed. From your own link:

"The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee approved their version of the FAA Reauthorization Bill this morning. "

"The bill will now move to the Senate for further debate."
Well it will i'm pretty sure of it, so to all those people thinking that registration is going away I highly doubt it. Its just a matter of time before it gets put back in place.

I am not talking about people that commit crimes. Those wont register guns, cars, bombs etc. I am talking about normal people that push the limits. like someone I saw yesterday flying a Drone over a pool with 60 people. The case is regulate usage the same way wue have speed limits. without them we would have people driving a 100 mph in a road suited for a 35 mph.

You had stated this:

"Without registration we will have a lot more of risk takers and incidents happening that will lead to more exaggerated drone regulations by communities. "

But you only mention it controlling people who _are_ registered.

Equating registration to speeding makes no sense. What _do_ make sense is equating registering a vehicle to stopping people from speeding... if the registration is not even used until after they pull you over for speeding. Sounds really dumb put like that.... because it _is_ dumb. It's like saying registered guns will help prevent bank robberies because no one will want to rob a bank with a registered gun.

You had stated this:

"Without registration we will have a lot more of risk takers and incidents happening that will lead to more exaggerated drone regulations by communities. "

Equating registration to speeding makes no sense. What _do_ make sense is equating registering a vehicle to stopping people from speeding... if the registration is not even used until after they pull you over for speeding. Sounds really dumb put like that.... because it _is_ dumb. It's like saying registered guns will help prevent bank robberies because no one will want to rob a bank with a registered gun.
Using your own words, What is equating drone registration is to stop people from doing stupid things and using that registration to locate them. Like after interfering with a fire department emergency

Reactions: danman999
Registration will come sooner than later. Registration does not affect people that obey the rules and apply common sense. Without registration we will have a lot more of risk takers and incidents happening that will lead to more exaggerated drone regulations by communities. I rather have a Federal framework than hundreds of small town city councils stopping us from enjoying our hobby.
Even worst letting companies like DJI doing the limiting and not only having a number like the FAA but a complete record of what we did with our drones.
Let them regulate commercial and part 107 users all they want. They should not regulate me and my kids just having fun using them recreationally! I live in County that has 1 million people living there and 14 million visit every year. I do not see quads flying all over the place running into people buildings and airplanes. How many quads have been sold in America and how many major incidents has there been? This is a over each to try to control a hobby for fun and like I said go after the commercial pilots not kids and others. There are many worse things people could be doing other than flying a quad around for fun.

You had stated this:

You are right and I do not understand how so many others do not have common sense enough to understand registering and will not stop someone from doing something they should not be. Just like all those no guns allowed on school grounds.. It just keeps the responsible gun owners that could protect others from doing so. Do they really believe that somebody that wants to hurt somebody is going to follow a sign that reads no guns allowed here! Just because someone breaks the law there's no reason that I should be punished for it. It goes back to being responsible for your own actions. Find the person and punish them appropriately that's why we pay our taxes for law enforcement ect..

Let them regulate commercial and part 107 users all they want. They should not regulate me and my kids just having fun using them recreationally! I live in County that has 1 million people living there and 14 million visit every year. I do not see quads flying all over the place running into people buildings and airplanes. How many quads have been sold in America and how many major incidents has there been? This is a over each to try to control a hobby for fun and like I said go after the commercial pilots not kids and others. There are many worse things people could be doing other than flying a quad around for fun.

Agreed, but up until a few days ago you couldn't go faster than 44 mph nor could you fly higher than 1500'. That's all changed now, this will only cause deeper restrictions in the long run. I believe the first will be to remove the 500m max height and limit to ONLY 133m in the mavic.

But, due to the recent unlocks, I have to disagree with your statement on regulating commercial not dad and kids. Pilots who have training aren't going to be the majority of ones who say watch this to their friends and fly the drone up to 5500' + illegally in air traffic or put it in sports+ and fly 90mph through a town or city.

Reactions: danman999
Agreed, but up until a few days ago you couldn't go faster than 44 mph nor could you fly higher than 1500'. That's all changed now, this will only cause deeper restrictions in the long run. I believe the first will be to remove the 500m max height and limit to ONLY 133m in the mavic.

But, due to the recent unlocks, I have to disagree with your statement on regulating commercial not dad and kids. Pilots who have training aren't going to be the majority of ones who say watch this to their friends and fly the drone up to 5500' + illegally in air traffic or put it in sports+ and fly 90mph through a town or city.
Ok so tell me "CAN" your car go over 70mph? Thats 2000lbs.. If someone breaks the laws they WILL get caught and have his/her day in court! Stop with the BS Nanny State crap! We have too many laws and regulations. Even Congressman like Charlie Rangel who
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/129407-house-ethics-panel-convicts-rangel-on-multiple-counts

Charlie Rangel To Retire: Perhaps The Most Corrupt Man In Congress
wrote the tax laws do not follow them and claim they did not remember. Take responsibility for your own actions! Go watch Minority Report and see what could happen if we do not stand up.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Senate Committee Approves FAA Reauthorization Bill

Did nobody learn anything from Schoolhouse Rock?
  • Someone writes a bill.
  • It goes to the Senate or the House of Reps
  • It passes multiple stages of discussion, amendment, and votes (committee, full floor) in that forum
  • It goes on to the other side of the Capitol, the House of Reps or the Senate
  • It goes into a Conference Committee to work out compromise on any differences
  • It goes to the President for signature
That committee is not even all the way through the third bullet in this list.

Did nobody learn anything from Schoolhouse Rock?
  • Someone writes a bill.
  • It goes to the Senate or the House of Reps
  • It passes multiple stages of discussion, amendment, and votes (committee, full floor) in that forum
  • It goes on to the other side of the Capitol, the House of Reps or the Senate
  • It goes into a Conference Committee to work out compromise on any differences
  • It goes to the President for signature
That committee is not even all the way through the third bullet in this list.
Haa I remember that on my Zenith floor model tv ;)

Ok so tell me "CAN" your car go over 70mph? Thats 2000lbs.. If someone breaks the laws they WILL get caught and have his/her day in court! Stop with the BS Nanny State crap! We have too many laws and regulations. Even Congressman like Charlie Rangel who
House ethics panel convicts Rep. Rangel on 11 of 13 counts of rule violations

Charlie Rangel To Retire: Perhaps The Most Corrupt Man In Congress
wrote the tax laws do not follow them and claim they did not remember. Take responsibility for your own actions! Go watch Minority Report and see what could happen if we do not stand up.
CAN your car take down a 737 on approach with 200 souls onboard? I don't think you can compare speed limits and unrestricted flight, nice try though.

CAN your car take down a 737 on approach with 200 souls onboard? I don't think you can compare speed limits and unrestricted flight, nice try though.
Really ! Show me where any toy quad has taken down a 737! I can show you news stories of cars taken out crowds of people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum