DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration NO more officially for recreational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ! Show me where any toy quad has taken down a 737! I can show you news stories of cars taken out crowds of people...

Do we wait until it happens? Registration acts as a deterrent to normal people from doing stupid things. This are not toys anymore and can generate accidents. I don't understand why some people are so reluctant to registration if they are going to play by the rules. I don't care about registration. I will fly below 400 ft. i won't fly over crowds, i wont spy on my neighbours.

Reactions: macmedia
Do we wait until it happens? Registration acts as a deterrent to normal people from doing stupid things. This are not toys anymore and can generate accidents. I don't understand why some people are so reluctant to registration if they are going to play by the rules. I don't care about registration. I will fly below 400 ft. i won't fly over crowds, i wont spy on my neighbours.
YES YES WE DO! Then that person will be prosecuted appropriately! I could run people over with my car are you going to arrest me now or wait until after I commit the crime?

YES YES WE DO! Then that person will be prosecuted appropriately! I could run people over with my car are you going to arrest me now or wait until after I commit the crime?
How are you going to prosecute them if you don't know who owns the drone. So you think we should stop registering cars too? What is the difference in having to register a car and registering a drone?

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Registration acts as a deterrent to normal people from doing stupid things.
There is no indication of this. Look at vehicle registration... been around for years. It's not shown to be a deterrent to illegal acts. Also, it's far more enforceable than drone registration. No one would have been fined for just not registering their drone. They only would have been fined once they were caught in a different illegal act.

The bottom line is this... people who take the time to register their drone are not going to commit illegal acts. Those that commit illegal acts are not going to register their drones. This has been shown to be true time and time again.

I don't have a big issue with registration but it was simply a lie that the FAA (and DOT) told the public which allowed them to 1) push information to fliers via their registration information and 2) to illegally push further restrictions on to hobby fliers. All at the expense of the fliers. It was get more rules that served no real purpose.

Reactions: Blades
How are you going to prosecute them if you don't know who owns the drone. So you think we should stop registering cars too? What is the difference in having to register a car and registering a drone?
I have dirt bikes go-karts four wheelers and they are not registered! You're being absurd talking about a 2000 lb car doing 70 miles an hour on a road driving feet from other cars doing the same To a half pound - 2 lb quad that can stay in the air for 15-20 minutes! And just so you know many people drive without registration insurance and without licenses!

How are you going to prosecute them if you don't know who owns the drone.

Exactly my point. People who are going to fly illegally simply won't register their drones. So the only people who registration affects are people who don't fly illegally.

So you think we should stop registering cars too? What is the difference in having to register a car and registering a drone?

HUGE difference. If you are driving your car to and from a bank robbery, a police officer can see the tag and know if it's valid and who it belongs to. When I fly my drone, no one knows if it's registered. When police see a drone in an illegal location they have no idea who it's registered to.

The FAA lied to the public when they say that the problem was not getting the drone, it was knowing who owed it... and served up the registration as the solution. First, the problem _WAS_ getting the drone. They almost never do. But when they do... it's simply not registered so they have no idea who owes it. This has happened time and time again.

Reactions: Blades
Exactly my point. People who are going to fly illegally simply won't register their drones. So the only people who registration affects are people who don't fly illegally.

HUGE difference. If you are driving your car to and from a bank robbery, a police officer can see the tag and know if it's valid and who it belongs to. When I fly my drone, no one knows if it's registered. When police see a drone in an illegal location they have no idea who it's registered to.

The FAA lied to the public when they say that the problem was not getting the drone, it was knowing who owed it... and served up the registration as the solution. First, the problem _WAS_ getting the drone. They almost never do. But when they do... it's simply not registered so they have no idea who owes it. This has happened time and time again.

But a lot of times bank robbers will remove the tags or they will steal a car so the registration didn't help either case. They are not going to follow rules! I tell people glass only keeps out the honest people and if someone wants in your home they will get in! I'm pretty sure there are already laws about breaking and entering and yeah it does not stop everybody

I have dirt bikes go-karts four wheelers and they are not registered! You're being absurd talking about a 2000 lb car doing 70 miles an hour on a road driving feet from other cars doing the same To a half pound - 2 lb quad that can stay in the air for 15-20 minutes! And just so you know many people drive without registration insurance and without licenses!
You can't drive your toys on public roads without a plate. My typhoon H is 4 pounds. if it falls on a child it can seriously hurt him. On my first flight I crashed it. Can you imagine how many more people would drive a car without license and insurance if a license plate was eliminated? Or just a hit and run and all we had was the color of the car?

You can't drive your toys on public roads without a plate. My typhoon H is 4 pounds. if it falls on a child it can seriously hurt him. On my first flight I crashed it. Can you imagine how many more people would drive a car without license and insurance if a license plate was eliminated? Or just a hit and run and all we had was the color of the car?
Some people would argue with you that registering is unconstitutional to begin with! Well I guess you should not be flying over people! And if you did hit somebody and hurt them you would be liable and responsible!
You are not 5years old you know what is reasonable to have fun safely. There are plenty of hit-and-runs and they only find them by the color / make of the car! I can drive anywhere on my 80 acres and on dirt roads but they call them dirt bikes for a reason! Are you saying you do not own any airspace on your private property? Are my cows even allowed to eat the grass?
Do I own the grass or does the government? How about shooting off those toy rockets that you can buy at any hobby store the ones that shoot up and fly 200-300 ft up? Do I need to get a license and register them? What about the pumpkin toss where they shoot out of air cannons or catapults. If I want to do that on my land do I need to get licenses and register my catapult to shoot pumpkins 300 ft in the air?

AGAIN LOOK OUTSIDE AND TELL ME HOW MANY QUADS DO YOU SEE? YOU TALK LIKE 1,000s ARE ABOVE YOU RIGHT NOW! LOOK OUT THE SKY IF FALLING AHHHHAHHHHH WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!! :l

Some people would argue with you that registering is unconstitutional to begin with! Well I guess you should not be flying over people! And if you did hit somebody and hurt them you would be liable and responsible!
You are not 5years old you know what is reasonable to have fun safely. There are plenty of hit-and-runs and they only find them by the color / make of the car! I can drive anywhere on my 80 acres and on dirt roads but they call them dirt bikes for a reason! Are you saying you do not own any airspace on your private property? Are my cows even allowed to eat the grass?
Do I own the grass or does the government? How about shooting off those toy rockets that you can buy at any hobby store the ones that shoot up and fly 200-300 ft up? Do I need to get a license and register them? What about the pumpkin toss where they shoot out of air cannons or catapults. If I want to do that on my land do I need to get licenses and register my catapult to shoot pumpkins 300 ft in the air?

AGAIN LOOK OUTSIDE AND TELL ME HOW MANY QUADS DO YOU SEE? YOU TALK LIKE 1,000s ARE ABOVE YOU RIGHT NOW! LOOK OUT THE SKY IF FALLING AHHHHAHHHHH WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!! :l
You don't own the airspace 400 ft above your property, and you can certainly catapult your pumpkins in your property maybe up to 400 ft. Let's not mix property rights here with society and public property rights. If you fly your drone endangering a fire department Heli and they have to ground it, I want the police to be able to shoot your drone down, and with the FAA registration go after you so you cant go and buy another one and go after the next fire.
Finally you don't see thousands today but we are going to have them very soon.

You don't own the airspace 400 ft above your property, and you can certainly catapult your pumpkins in your property maybe up to 400 ft. Let's not mix property rights here with society and public property rights. If you fly your drone endangering a fire department Heli and they have to ground it, I want the police to be able to shoot your drone down, and with the FAA registration go after you so you cant go and buy another one and go after the next fire.
Finally you don't see thousands today but we are going to have them very soon.
So I can fly up to 400 feet over my own property wow thanks for clearing that up for me!
If someone is flying irresponsibly where they're not supposed to be then they can shoot it down I don't have a problem with that!

When you look up and see thousands of drones in the future they will all be owned by Google Microsoft and Amazon not by hobbyist having fun!

Really ! Show me where any toy quad has taken down a 737! I can show you news stories of cars taken out crowds of people...
Yes, a collision between a drone and an airliner could bring a 737 down, especially during takeoff or landing when aircraft are most vulnerable.
By the way, when a light twin loses one engine it loses 80% of its performance, not 50%. If the pilot does not stay on VMC, VYSE and zero slip, game over.

Not wasting my time arguing with an ignoramous. But it WILL be regulated sooner than later and the only way to get around it will be to break the law, sorry. You clearly don't know enough about modern aircraft to understand. Just a typical American arguing you have the right and no one should tell you otherwise.
Yes, a collision between a drone and an airliner could bring a 737 down, especially during takeoff or landing when aircraft are most vulnerable.
By the way, when a light twin loses one engine it loses 80% of its performance, not 50%. If the pilot does not stay on VMC, VYSE and zero slip, game over.
Yeah but @Blades is the world foremost expert on the subject, to counter him is blasphemous.. lol. Fact of the matter is due to the new developments there is no doubt big gubment is about to step in and there will be nothing you can do about it except either follow the law or jailbreak your mavic to break the laws.

Not wasting my time arguing with an ignoramous. But it WILL be regulated sooner than later and the only way to get around it will be to break the law, sorry. You clearly don't know enough about modern aircraft to understand. Just a typical American arguing you have the right and no one should tell you otherwise.

Yeah but @Blades is the world foremost expert on the subject, to counter him is blasphemous.. lol. Fact of the matter is due to the new developments there is no doubt big gubment is about to step in and there will be nothing you can do about it except either follow the law or jailbreak your mavic to break the laws.
Okay insult somebody you don't even know real nice.
Really! show your *** calling names! Grow up!

No I enjoy my hobby and I don't need anybody telling me what to do I take responsibility for my actions unlike other people that need to be told how to live every aspect of their life by the government. But you act like a know it all right.... You know your HRC lost?

OH NO SOME CALL THE FAA THE KID NEXT DOOR IS FLYING A TOY DRONE!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170704-180130.jpg
    Screenshot_20170704-180130.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 11
No I enjoy my hobby and I don't need anybody telling me what to do I take responsibility for my actions unlike other people that need to be told how to live every aspect of their life by the government. But you act like a know it all right.... You know your HRC lost?
Unfortunately not everyone is as perfect as you or as responsible. if it was only you. we might not need registration. but that is not a reality

Reactions: DatPilot
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas