DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration number placement

I have registered another drone with the FAA do I need to register my new M2P also, or is my registration # to be the same for any drone I own?
I'm using mine that I had for my P3A.
In fact I went to purchase again but my number is still valid.
This registration is person based I believe rather than drone based.

I have a label maker and have used that in the past. They always peel off after a few weeks.

With my new M2Z I wanted something a little more professional looking. I found this person on eBay selling these decals in a bunch of colors. Great reviews. I got silver to match the DJI decals already on the Mavic. It was only $4 and arrived in 2 days. Super nice lady does this and is very friendly. She emails you personally with all details. Just make sure you specify color and your FAA number in the comments when you buy. You can have either all FAA numbers or 2 FAA and 2 cell phone numbers. Well worth $4 to make your $1000+ rig look great. Blends into the frame seamlessly. Here is the link. I hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-Drone-Registration-Number-Decals-DJI-MAVIC-PRO-FAA-UAS-Compliant-/371935424785?txnId=1075720261024

View attachment 63193View attachment 63194View attachment 63195
Thanks.
I just ordered.

Cool, will check it out!
Hope they come in something other than GWS Orange though - don’t want my Mavic to lose its ‘man card’ ha!
When you grow up you won't need your man card!!

Looks better with these and alot quieter. Perfect for what I'm doing.View attachment 63209
Those Master Air Screw props are for the original Mavic Pro aren’t they? I wrote them a couple weeks ago and they said they weren’t going to be releasing them for the Mavic 2 for a couple more weeks.
Actually I just received a email from Master Air Screw this afternoon and they told me that they were “working”on releasing the propellers for the Mavic 2 but at this time they don’t have them ready for purchase. Only the original Mavic 1 Pro or Platinum is what they have now.

Last edited:
I have a label maker and have used that in the past. They always peel off after a few weeks.

With my new M2Z I wanted something a little more professional looking. I found this person on eBay selling these decals in a bunch of colors. Great reviews. I got silver to match the DJI decals already on the Mavic. It was only $4 and arrived in 2 days. Super nice lady does this and is very friendly. She emails you personally with all details. Just make sure you specify color and your FAA number in the comments when you buy. You can have either all FAA numbers or 2 FAA and 2 cell phone numbers. Well worth $4 to make your $1000+ rig look great. Blends into the frame seamlessly. Here is the link. I hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-Drone-Registration-Number-Decals-DJI-MAVIC-PRO-FAA-UAS-Compliant-/371935424785?txnId=1075720261024

Bad link...

Check out ReclaimDrone.com because they have excellent labels for your drone. I purchased 2 sets from them for my M2P and my Inspire 2 and they were quick with shipping them to my address. The sets I purchased have my registration number, phone number, “reward offered” on three different self adhesive labels and you can choose the colors you want.
I tried several different companies and they were the best ones I found, by far!!
I started to post a picture of them but it has my phone number on it so I deleted the picture but trust me they’re the best ones I’ve found.

Attachments

• DBF0141F-5EBC-425F-BB71-B6BCC5ECF278.jpeg
    DBF0141F-5EBC-425F-BB71-B6BCC5ECF278.jpeg
    942.8 KB · Views: 91
  • A862C617-D3E9-4B76-B41E-79C7F6F60AE1.jpeg
    A862C617-D3E9-4B76-B41E-79C7F6F60AE1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 40CE9D21-A132-4CAC-901F-B2FFD8B65EED.jpeg
    40CE9D21-A132-4CAC-901F-B2FFD8B65EED.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: Rnl
I have registered another drone with the FAA do I need to register my new M2P also, or is my registration # to be the same for any drone I own?
If you registered under "Section 336", you can use the same registration number on all drones that aren't being used commercially. If you registered under "Part 107", you'll need a new registration.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I just put on my registration numbers, got from eBay. I'll post a pic in a few. On another note, Master Airscrew makes more colors than orange. I have the gloss black set...

Last edited:
Where on the M2 did you place it?
Did you print the number and clear tape over it to stick?
I read the rule and thought it states that if the # is placed in a compartment, it must be accessible to view without the use of tools. If that’s correct then you should be able to put the # in the battery bay of a MA (as example) since no tools are required to remove the battery and view the #.

I read the rule and thought it states that if the # is placed in a compartment, it must be accessible to view without the use of tools. If that’s correct then you should be able to put the # in the battery bay of a MA (as example) since no tools are required to remove the battery and view the #.

Read the NEW rules. The FAA number must be on the exterior. It can no longer be in a battery compartment, or any hidden area

Got mine. Thanks!

20190223_101711.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji