DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration

I registered but thought I was supposed to get name/ registration stickers?
The FAA does not provide stickers. If you registered through some value added service, then you should contact them about your missing stickers.

If not then best method to label your drone?
There are many methods. My favorite is vinyl decals (like these) if you're looking for something durable/professional.

1566767542071.png

1566767550203.png

Reactions: MAGA and dawgpilot
As stated above if the company you registered with "provide sticker" they aren't the FAA. While there are some companies that will indeed "register for you" and provide those stickers etc you're putting a lot of faith (and extra $$) in the hands of someone you don't know who is sort of operating in the shadows.

You register yourself for $5/3 years at FAADroneZone

Anything else is highly suspect so Buyer Beware!!

Reactions: MAGA and dawgpilot
As stated above if the company you registered with "provide sticker" they aren't the FAA. While there are some companies that will indeed "register for you" and provide those stickers etc you're putting a lot of faith (and extra $$) in the hands of someone you don't know who is sort of operating in the shadows.

You register yourself for $5/3 years at FAADroneZone

Anything else is highly suspect so Buyer Beware!!

So its up to me to label my drone. I need to get some Professional small labels I guess

So its up to me to label my drone. I need to get some Professional small labels I guess

Yes it's entirely up to you but it's not a big under taking. @msinger has excellent suggestions in his reply if you don't happen to already own/have access to a personal label maker.

Reactions: msinger
I caution against using permanent marker on your drone. Let errors aside, it will reduce resale value.

I caution against using permanent marker on your drone. Let errors aside, it will reduce resale value.

Very true!!

This P4 was found and had an FAA# (or what appears to be an FAA#) but it's hand written, in Perm Marker and the # is wrong.

Reactions: MAGA and Thomas B
The labels @msinger sells are really nice quality as well if you go that route. You also get plenty of spares, picked some up a month or so ago and they look great (you can choose a color, I went with yellow as it complements the skin I have on my Air).

Also worth picking up some "if lost, please call" stickers

Reactions: msinger
”Piggy-backing” to prevent from starting another thread. Is registration number received instantly after paying the $5.00 fee or is there a wait time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+