DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fake NLD (FCC Mode + Boost)

The .400, enable signal boost is grayed out. Do you have to subscribe first and do Enable Fixed FCC for that to be ungrayed??

Can you still "Enable Boost" with .510 in NLD? I want to know before I pay for activation.

Last edited:
Does this mean it's at max or..
2.png

I even went all the way back to .300 to check but it's the same.

Last edited:
The app will not show if it’s applied you need to look at the power graph in go4 and see where the line is.

Are you on FCC Boost? How do you even tell boost works?

fcc and boost are two different power levels you can’t be on both. To test for fcc you check the hd graph in go4 and to check boost mode you need an rf meter

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The app will not show if it’s applied you need to look at the power graph in go4 and see where the line is.

fcc and boost are two different power levels you can’t be on both. To test for fcc you check the hd graph in go4 and to check boost mode you need an rf meter

But I cannot select Enable Signal Boost at all.. I'm not sure if you can w/ a membership. Can you select Enable Signal Boost?

How do you check w/ the rf meter and what values should I be looking for?

Last edited:
I can clear this up. IF as some of you have said, you enabled signal boost/FCC mode prior to upgrading to .0510, it will keep that mod.
If you are on .0510, no, you can't run the patch.
The way the patch works in NLD....Enable FCC mode does just that, enables FCC mode. Enable signal boost enables FCC mode AND signal boost. If you don't want boost anymore, just go back and enable FCC mode again.
Boost mode on the M2. It is dynamic. That means it will ramp up power as it is needed, so this is hard to measure with a RF meter. FCC mode is easy to see via the graphs in GO, before and after enabling.
Very big thanks to those of you who use and love NLD. No thanks to those who spread rumors and lies about NLD NOT WORKING. If you have a problem, create a support ticket and we will get you sorted.
If modding DJI software were easy to do, there would be many companies doing so....how many do you see doing these mods??
*remember there is always the risk of DJI pushing software to your device to kill all modding. They hate us. LOL

Reactions: brett8883
I can clear this up. IF as some of you have said, you enabled signal boost/FCC mode prior to upgrading to .0510, it will keep that mod.
If you are on .0510, no, you can't run the patch.
The way the patch works in NLD....Enable FCC mode does just that, enables FCC mode. Enable signal boost enables FCC mode AND signal boost. If you don't want boost anymore, just go back and enable FCC mode again.
Boost mode on the M2. It is dynamic. That means it will ramp up power as it is needed, so this is hard to measure with a RF meter. FCC mode is easy to see via the graphs in GO, before and after enabling.
Very big thanks to those of you who use and love NLD. No thanks to those who spread rumors and lies about NLD NOT WORKING. If you have a problem, create a support ticket and we will get you sorted.
If modding DJI software were easy to do, there would be many companies doing so....how many do you see doing these mods??
*remember there is always the risk of DJI pushing software to your device to kill all modding. They hate us. LOL

I heard that if you use the Smart Controller w/ the Boost you get worse performance than stock FCC. Also, untested but if you use the DJI RE Goggles w/ external antenna you may blow something up and it flies away or crashes to the ground?

I am primarily interested - FCC + boost. Yesterday, in an open field, I flew only 1300 meters, this is critically small for my tasks and this is not a boost, unfortunately. although before that, when the Jackson mod (FCC + BOOST) was installed, I calmly flew to 2500-3000 with a full signal.
Where do you get the Jackson mod for the M2?

Passed a small express test NLD MOD on the mavic 2 pro.
Installed the mod on a brand new smart controller and drove to the shooting.
Imagine my disappointment when, as usual, sitting in a car I caught a disconnect at 450 meters.
Prior to that, he shot at the same location while also sitting in a car and calmly flew 700-800 without any lags with an old remote control with Jackson mod on board.
In general, there were two more shootings that day - I damned everything .... either the mode somehow crookedly got up and neither the boost nor the FCC was activated (although judging by the signal reception schedule, everything is ok), or the smart controller is messing up, but the fact - flew like in CE.
All signs of an allegedly established NLD mod were present.
Where do you get the Jackson mod for the M2?

Have to see if im on 400 or 500...

Never did upgrade...

P.S. well, Well...it seems i have 200 FW......what a nice bonus.

Last edited:
I was on FW .0510 so the FCC mode was not possible via NLD. I did downgrade to .0400 applied the FCC patch and after that updated back to .0510 again. FCC is still active as far I can say (as some other guys confirmed). I'm only iterested in FCC, so NFZ and other stuff is not so important to me.

I was on FW .0510 so the FCC mode was not possible via NLD. I did downgrade to .0400 applied the FCC patch and after that updated back to .0510 again. FCC is still active as far I can say (as some other guys confirmed). I'm only iterested in FCC, so NFZ and other stuff is not so important to me.

That’s great news as I thought you couldn’t downgrade if you are on firmware 0.510.

What did you use to downgrade the firmware as I will give it a try too?

I used DJI Assistant 2. I was also surprised it works, but you can go all the way to .0300. But there is no different in NLD patch ability, so .0400 is just fine ?

I just downgraded from 0510 to 0400 via Assistant as advised and it worked.

Then purchased nld key and it patched the FCC mode.

Will have to test it out tomorrow to see if it worked properly but hopefully it’s fully working.

Also noticed it was showing in the NLD software that it was able to downgrade the firmware as far back as needed but I won’t push my luck as I haven’t even flown it yet.

You cannot downgrade via NLD, as the downgrade will get stuck at 15%. NLD also mention it on their web site. ..I would like to try it today, but the wind is crazy, so I will have to wait :)

Question:
Im on 200FW. If i apply FCC patch, does it re-install 200FW, or just the patch?

the FCC patch should stay even when you update firmware but make sure to use NLD client
to update firmware

the FCC patch should stay even when you update firmware but make sure to use NLD client
to update firmware

I updated back to 0510 using DJI Assitant and the FCC patch was still there In the image transmission settings.

Even so they advice to update with NFL, due some restrictions os original FW...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54