DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC remote on CE drone in CE country with drone-hacks boost mode

Bruno Silva

Reactions
Hi. I have the mavic mini CE version on a CE country, and i buy the FCC remote control from USA, i want to know if some one try the boost mode on drone-hacks on a CE country, if that give the boost like you are in a FCC country.

Reactions: ArisR
Hi. I have the mavic mini CE version on a CE country, and i buy the FCC remote control from USA, i want to know if some one try the boost mode on drone-hacks on a CE country, if that give the boost like you are in a FCC country.
i think you will find that the controllers are not interchangeable

where you see that? the drones are equal, the remotes are two different types, the one for CE country and the other for FCC country, the only thing is to pair the remote i think

i think you will find that they are different the CE model receives Both 2.4 and 5.8 where as the US version only has 5.8

Reactions: OldGuy
Old man mavic is correct. I have both the FCC and the CE remotes. Only the CE remote will work with my CE Mavic Mini. The FCC remote will not pair with the CE Mavic Mini.

Old man mavic is correct. I have both the FCC and the CE remotes. Only the CE remote will work with my CE Mavic Mini. The FCC remote will not pair with the CE Mavic Mini.
so you do the same mistake that i do to buy the fcc controller, or you have the fcc drone too?

so you do the same mistake that i do to buy the fcc controller, or you have the fcc drone too?
I had an FCC Mavic Mini as well but lost it. Long story. Like you I did think the FCC remote would link to the CE Mavic Mini but it doesn't.

I had an FCC Mavic Mini as well but lost it. Long story. Like you I did think the FCC remote would link to the CE Mavic Mini but it doesn't.
I only have the CE aircraft, and only buy the fcc controller on USA, but not arrive yet. So when arrive the better thing is try to selling again

Or you could buy a FCC Mavic Mini aircraft to go with the remote. They are available separately in the USA.

You can buy the FCC version - search for MR1SS5. Or buy a 4Hawks SR/XR (remember to buy CE version) I get 3-4km with SR (CE)

Reactions: Bruno Silva
You can buy the FCC version - search for MR1SS5. Or buy a 4Hawks SR/XR (remember to buy CE version) I get 3-4km with SR (CE)
The best way is to selling the fcc controler and buy a 4hawks or a alientech duo antenna. dont make sense to have 2 mavic mini drones

The best way is to selling the fcc controler and buy a 4hawks or a alientech duo antenna. dont make sense to have 2 mavic mini drones
No, and hence the recommendation :)

Here is the answer,
FCC-Boost

This hack will change your drone from CE mode to FCC mode. No more trying to use “fake GPS” or other similar “tricks”!

• FCC mode has a higher power output than CE mode.
  • Boost mode will allow the highest RC output possible!
  • CE mode is <=20dBm (100mW) FCC mode is <=26dBm (<400mW).
  • Boost mode maximum is 1.8W or 1800mW.
  • For the Mavic Mini Boost mode, there are no specific mW values, this will boost your Remote Controller output to the maximum possible for your specific hardware. Due to regional hardware differences in place on the Mavic Mini by DJI, the results for maximum boost mode mW transmission power will be different on CE and FCC models. However: Tests showed that boost mode on the mavic mini will currently NOT give you as much power as if you use fakeGPS before every flight, we are working hard to see if it is possible to reach the same power levels persistent without the fakeGPS trick.
  • The DJI Smart Controller boost mode output power is only slightly more than FCC mode due to the hardware design.

Reactions: Serhiy
There is a topic about that Drone-Hacks from few days ago, but unfortunately no one seems to have some experience to share.

Hello!
On this topic, can using the fcc mode boost cause overheating of the components of the drone and control radio?
Is it safe to keep enabled by default?

Thank you.

There is a topic about that Drone-Hacks from few days ago, but unfortunately no one seems to have some experience to share.

I’ve just paid 20 euros for the “lite” licence on drone-hacks.com which allows the Boost mode hack on the mini and have successfully (I think) hacked the remote to boost mode. I’ll be testing this shortly so I can report back.

For info, I have the FCC model of the mini. I live in the UK but I bought the mini from eGlobal Central online store for about £30 cheaper than the DJI store and they sent me the FCC model. I think they are based in Hong Kong. For anyone who wants the superior FCC model I suggest doing this vs importing from the US which can be expensive.

For those not in the know, the FCC model MT1SS5/MR1SS5 operates on the 5GHZ band only (only 5 channels available within the 5GHZ band) and it has uprated hardware so it can achieve higher radio output. It still detunes power in CE zones however, so I get about 1400m - 2200m range depending on conditions and location. I’m hoping the Boost mode hack will set it to the same power that the US owners enjoy and therefore the 4000m advertised range or thereabouts.

My intention is not to do crazy long range stuff, but to have a rock solid radio link and low latency video at the VLOS limit when I fly urban areas. Hopefully testing it this afternoon!

EDIT --------->
Had a quick test this afternoon. It was windy and only made 18km/h headway in sport mode. I was at the same flying site where I had previously achieved 1400m without Boost mode. This time I got to 2500m still 100% signal before low battery RTH warnings appeared. This is further than I have ever got before the Boost mode hack, but I didn't get to test until signal loss, I'll need to go back when it's calm and fly a pack in P mode so I can get the most range out of the battery and properly test Boost mode range.

Last edited:
I got the CE version of the drone and RC. I did the FCC hack with the RC boost from drone-hacks.com
Everything is running fine. I have more than 3.5km (7000 meters) and i can go more. The battery is at -+30% at normal mode in the range test.

There is a guide here how to do the FCC if you have the RC boost.

Reactions: Rich Farren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope