DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fatal.log

mryeje

Reactions
After my mavic fly away I watched a video on getting the blackbox data from the remote. There is a file named fatal.log; however it is encrypted. Anyone know how to view this file?

Search for DJI_ftpd_aes_unscramble, but you won't find anything useful in this file, it's just a system log with nothing relevant to flight.

Reactions: mryeje and Rogat19
Search for DJI_ftpd_aes_unscramble, but you won't find anything useful in this file, it's just a system log with nothing relevant to flight.
Thanks this worked, it actually had some useful info, like altitude, speed, battery life, distance at the last waypoint.

True those could be somewhat useful, but no coordinates or direction unfortunately...

True those could be somewhat useful, but no coordinates or direction unfortunately...
Yea there's no coordinates, however I have two sets of coordinates since I was flying a waypoint mission. The Fatal log shows the last way-point that was actually connected whereas, the Drone harmony log shows a: New coordinate and an old coordinate. I had mapped several coordinates and the distance that this log showen from the controller lines me up exactly on one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks this worked, it actually had some useful info, like altitude, speed, battery life, distance at the last waypoint.

I have the same and need help understanding and finding the drone. Finally I could download to my computer the black box content and I have several files and one named fatal.log What do I have to do to get the location of my drone ? Kind of step by step, learning all these things right now. Appreciated #mryeje

I have the same and need help understanding and finding the drone. Finally I could download to my computer the black box content and I have several files and one named fatal.log What do I have to do to get the location of my drone ? Kind of step by step, learning all these things right now. Appreciated #mryeje
I was flying a way-point mission using drone harmony. To my understanding, the only reason that there was GPS coordinates in that file was because I was flying a way-point mission.

Reactions: Kilrah
I was flying a way-point mission using drone harmony. To my understanding, the only reason that there was GPS coordinates in that file was because I was flying a way-point mission.
What did you use to read that file and how ? Any other files can be useful ? See the image attached. Appreciate

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.48.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.48.52 PM.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 46
What did you use to read that file and how ? Any other files can be useful ? See the image attached. Appreciate
you need to install python and download MAVProxyUser/DJI_ftpd_aes_unscramble, you'll have to follow the instructions in the readme. Also there are some dependencies you'll need to install to run the program.

If you need to, send me a link to the file on a google drive ans I'll decrypt it for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Atty mavic pilot
If you guys want, here is a link on how to upload files from your mobile device's records so you can visualize them. You can also post the link back here for folks to take a look at and maybe help locate for you. Here's the link
There is also a link on that page for how to find the correct txt. file.

If you guys want, here is a link on how to upload files from your mobile device's records so you can visualize them. You can also post the link back here for folks to take a look at and maybe help locate for you. Here's the link
There is also a link on that page for how to find the correct txt. file.

Yes, that link can be used to see files from the phone/tablet. Mryeje helps to decrypt files from the RC. Appreciate

you need to install python and download MAVProxyUser/DJI_ftpd_aes_unscramble, you'll have to follow the instructions in the readme. Also there are some dependencies you'll need to install to run the program.

If you need to, send me a link to the file on a google drive ans I'll decrypt it for you

Appreciate your detailed answer, looks it s way above my head. How can I DM you the google drive link ? Appreciate

Yes, that link can be used to see files from the phone/tablet. Mryeje helps to decrypt files from the RC. Appreciate
Sorry I missed that you were pulling off the RC. I'll be watching this thread though, as, to date, I don't think anyone has successfully been able to read the logs off the RC. It would be awesome if you guys can figure it out!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed that you were pulling off the RC. I'll be watching this thread though, as, to date, I don't think anyone has successfully been able to read the logs off the RC. It would be awesome if you guys can figure it out!
I ve sent the files to mryeje. As soon as he gets info, I ll post it or he will. Looking forward to find the drone.

I ve sent the files to mryeje. As soon as he gets info, I ll post it or he will. Looking forward to find the drone.
Do you remember what kind of file the log was? If I remember right from when I pulled mine off, there are a bunch of tiny files (several kilobytes) and then one fatal.log that might have been a txt. or csv?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1