DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Here we go again, Dji Go 4 update 4.2.20...
1. Who can confirm FCC mode in EU region still works?
2. Cancel / Ok buttons still showing after update?
Done! Full batteries worth with 4.2.20.........

......No problems!!!

I think those 2 first time was a bad luck or bad calibration. I think all is fine now and FCC is working.
Tried for the third time, following accurately the same procedure described in different videos ..... same exit: FCC mode (11 channels displayed) - compass error, recalibrate - error persists. Back to EC mode (same moment same location) - everything OK. Deeply frustrated! Thanks anyway for the psycological support!

Tried for the third time, following accurately the same procedure described in different videos ..... same exit: FCC mode (11 channels displayed) - compass error, recalibrate - error persists. Back to EC mode (same moment same location) - everything OK. Deeply frustrated! Thanks anyway for the psycological support!

Did you turn off Fake GPS before running the drone and DJI Go app again?

You need to run the Fake GPS app, select your fake US location, then while it's running, open Google maps which should show you at that fake location, not your actual one. That proves it's "taken over". Then fire up the drone and DJI Go, select yes when it asks if you've moved to a new geographic region and then, when it's all fully open, switch the drone off and close the DJI app. Then close Fake GPS completely (check your location on Google maps, it should be correct not fake) and start the drone and DJI Go again, clicking Cancel when you get the "Changed Geography?" box. You also want to turn location services OFF on your phone during the procedure.

The compass thing is almost certainly unrelated.

Here we go again, Dji Go 4 update 4.2.20...
1. Who can confirm FCC mode in EU region still works?
2. Cancel / Ok buttons still showing after update?
First time for me using FCC tonight and what a difference[emoji16] Went to 2000m with a tailwind, where I could only go 800m before. Still had a strong signal but decided to head home with 70% battery left. This was done with the latest Dji Go 4 update 4.2.20

Reactions: Thwyllo
First time for me using FCC tonight and what a difference[emoji16] Went to 2000m with a tailwind, where I could only go 800m before. Still had a strong signal but decided to head home with 70% battery left. This was done with the latest Dji Go 4 update 4.2.20
P.S Cancel button was there

OK, so CE is in Europe and FCC is in the USA. Got that. What about SRRC and MIC? I am currently in Europe but spend a lot of time in South Africa. What WiFi power can be used there? And do I need to do anything to set it (apart from the 2.4 / 5.8 issue)?

Did you turn off Fake GPS before running the drone and DJI Go app again?

You need to run the Fake GPS app, select your fake US location, then while it's running, open Google maps which should show you at that fake location, not your actual one. That proves it's "taken over". Then fire up the drone and DJI Go, select yes when it asks if you've moved to a new geographic region and then, when it's all fully open, switch the drone off and close the DJI app. Then close Fake GPS completely (check your location on Google maps, it should be correct not fake) and start the drone and DJI Go again, clicking Cancel when you get the "Changed Geography?" box. You also want to turn location services OFF on your phone during the procedure.

The compass thing is almost certainly unrelated.
-----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your precise suggestions. Just before your post I repeated again the procedure (apparently identical to the previous attempts). Received the same boring "compass error ...." BUT ..... after recalibration, instead of receiving the request to recalibrate again and again, the compass error disappeared.
I don't know what I did different, but now everything is OK!
Thanks again to everybody who gave support!

Thank you for your precise suggestions. Just before your post I repeated again the procedure (apparently identical to the previous attempts). Received the same boring "compass error ...." BUT ..... after recalibration, instead of receiving the request to recalibrate again and again, the compass error disappeared.

My experience is that you have to keep the drone out of GPS coverage. Then do the FakeGPS stuff.

I followed the "fake GPS" procedure on my MA. Switch to FCC mode OK (my country is Italy). But after that the attempt to fly my drone was stopped by a compass error (strong electromagnetic interference. Recalibrate compass). I repeated the recalibration process several times, witn no success. Back to EC mode and the problem disappeared. I did not see the same problem discussed in this blog, so i'm asking if someone encountered and eventually resolved this situation.
Many thanks in advance

Get the drone out of GPS-coverage and try the FakeGPS stuff

I think you'll find it's not the drone you're trying to fool, it's the DJI Go app, so having the drone in or out of GPS is irrelevant.
That’s my understanding as well. Someone on here puts there MA in the microwave - didn’t get the joke when asked what setting & for how long!

Left this on a less busy thread… this looks like a good place for it.

Darn, I had FCC and my DJI Go on my iPhone X updated overnight to 4.2.20. I don’t REMEMBER failing to click on the Cancel button but somehow I’m back in CE mode with no access to 5.8.

I tried the xCode method to spoof location but that didn’t give me the change mode dialog despite the DJI Go showing me on the map in San Francisco and my drone being indoors with no GPS.

I guess I will have to try sometime with someone’s Android phone (which is how I first managed to get it into FCC).

Darn, I had FCC and my DJI Go on my iPhone X updated overnight to 4.2.20. I don’t REMEMBER failing to click on the Cancel button but somehow I’m back in CE mode with no access to 5.8.

I tried the xCode method to spoof location but that didn’t give me the change mode dialog despite the DJI Go showing me on the map in San Francisco and my drone being indoors with no GPS.

I guess I will have to try sometime with someone’s Android phone (which is how I first managed to get it into FCC).
I’ve been close, several times, to pressing OK instead of cancel!!

Reactions: Thwyllo

Yep it's my understanding that you can't execute the original hack with a WhyPhone; you have to do it with an android device (doesn't matter where the drone is because it's the app you're fooling not the drone.) and once done, just carry on cancelling out the "change location" query.

If you have any spare cash sloshing about, the Motorola G series is just the best. I use a G4, cost £150 new and has a full 1920x1080 HD screen. Only thing it doesn't have is a compass sensor but I have an actual compass LOL. The G6 is even better and not much more expensive. You can buy one, use it on a SIM-only contract and throw it away every year and still be ahead of the game. I don't know why people stick with ludicrously expensive WhyPhone and all the crap that Apple nails you down with.

Rant over o_O

Worth mentioning that the key to Android being able to do this trick is that it's easy to put it into "developer mode", which you have to do to "authorise" the phone to allow spoof GPS apps to work.

I'm sure you have bad luck earlier and bad calibration too. This trick has nothing to do with compass in any way. But good it's working now.

It is also important that you do the calibration correct.
Look at this video:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise