DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Works just fine with all versions I've tried it with, including 4.2.22, and no, think for occusync devices you need to do the apk mods

Reactions: ManuCH
Hi guys does anyone know if this hack still works with the latest update. I bought an air this weekend in the UK and want to change to fcc. I have followed the videos online but when I get asked to change wlan setting it looks like the ok is greyed out and the cancel is in blue. This is to accept the change too fcc not decline it going back to ce. If I press ok nothing happens and I still show the have 13 channels meaning I’m still in CE, any help is appreciated

It does work yes! Took me a while to get it in FCC though.
Tried with and without WiFi on my Nexus P6. Tried un- and reinstall DJI4 app. Nothing seemed to work.
Then I used the video ( see page 17 on this thread) and followed it step by step through until I reached the reconnect passage. Did not do that though because mine connected right away.

But I think something else is bothering some of us. I found out that my Nexus P6 was not that fast with mentioning the "you are in another region blabla... and stuff. Hit Cancel or OK. Everytime I hit the OK nothing happened. I didn't see the yellow flashing light on the drone for reconnection nor did I found the RC reconnect or whatsoever.

However following the manual takes some time and the Region warning was some time on my screen before I hit OK. Then it worked like a charm. So my guess is that the older your android the longer it takes to communicate with the RC and the drone. So my advice is just wait for lets say 1 minute before hitting the OK. The drone should be immediately flashing yellow after that like a dog shaking his tail to confirm its eager to fly in FCC. Good luck y'all!

When i made this first time(again if you press OK in accident) it takes me in 1 minute to ask if i wanna change area, now i get that message every time much faster.

It does work yes! Took me a while to get it in FCC though.
Tried with and without WiFi on my Nexus P6. Tried un- and reinstall DJI4 app. Nothing seemed to work.
Then I used the video ( see page 17 on this thread) and followed it step by step through until I reached the reconnect passage. Did not do that though because mine connected right away.

But I think something else is bothering some of us. I found out that my Nexus P6 was not that fast with mentioning the "you are in another region blabla... and stuff. Hit Cancel or OK. Everytime I hit the OK nothing happened. I didn't see the yellow flashing light on the drone for reconnection nor did I found the RC reconnect or whatsoever.

However following the manual takes some time and the Region warning was some time on my screen before I hit OK. Then it worked like a charm. So my guess is that the older your android the longer it takes to communicate with the RC and the drone. So my advice is just wait for lets say 1 minute before hitting the OK. The drone should be immediately flashing yellow after that like a dog shaking his tail to confirm its eager to fly in FCC. Good luck y'all!
You don’t hit OK at the prompt, you hit CANCEL, otherwise you’re confirming that you want to change region and will be back in CE mode

To save me reading 19 pages to get the answer.... is there a relatively easy way to do the hack on an iPhone or do I simply need to get an Android, hack the drone then revert to using my iPhone?

To save me reading 19 pages to get the answer.... is there a relatively easy way to do the hack on an iPhone or do I simply need to get an Android, hack the drone then revert to using my iPhone?

If you have a Mac and don't mind tinkering with Xcode, then it's very feasible with an iPhone.

Honestly, Just goto a Carphone Warehouse, turn the drone on, and remote on, install the DJI App on a demo phone, and hack it over, then wander away. Or ask a friend to borrow their phone.

Honestly, Just goto a Carphone Warehouse, turn the drone on, and remote on, install the DJI App on a demo phone, and hack it over, then wander away. Or ask a friend to borrow their phone.

That would be genuinely hilarious. "What you doing sir"......"Don't mind me"

A friend sounds like the easier solution :)

That would be genuinely hilarious. "What you doing sir"......"Don't mind me"

A friend sounds like the easier solution :)
I've done stranger hack things in carphone warehouse, Dixon and Apple I can tell ya... Popped cydia on an iPad 2 once in the apple store [emoji4]

Hello, is there a way to use your own login on modded dji go apps? To keep the experience points counting and see the logs. Or is it possible to run 2 apps at the same time? (original dji go and a modded)

I travel between Canada and the US often. After reading about the signal differences (pertaining to distance) between FCC and CE, I decided to go with the US standard (FCC). In other words, while in the US, I agreed to set my wi-fi to the FCC standard when it came up on the GO4 application. When in Canada, I choose to cancel/ignore the request to change it back.

As a result, I am able to maintain the 5Ghz signal for greater distance, without degradation of the video feed. I have no scientific data to produce but the differences in video performance were stark imho. We're not talking 2 miles here, I don't need to push it that far...I am talking a very reasonable 3/4th mile to 1-mile distance. FCC all the way in my opinion. I still leave signal selection on auto (2.4 or 5Ghz) whichever is least busy. Obviously, the 5Ghz is where the rubber meets the road.

I am not a "signals communication" expert. I have no idea why each country chose the way it did. Obviously, Canada is 1/10th of the population of the US. So, why the stronger signal is allowed in a more densely populated area??? Perhaps, the stronger signal is needed to project over all the other signal noise? or...the rules were set before a need arose to change them? Got me, ask a signals expert, lol.

I say drones need their own signal type/bandwidth. The UAV/drone location needs to be handled/coordinated by a data processing center (connected to the various air traffic centers). The secure application could verify your type of flying, authorization etc. The drone user could stop worrying about the insane set of rules and simply plan a trip and video/photo the beautiful scenery knowing they won't kill someone flying overhead in a helicopter, airplane. The system would coordinate authorization/timing and override your input if required for safety reasons. All the while, keeping your UAV safe (lowering altitude when required). Come on innovators, you can do this, lol. I lack the code writing experience or I would do it for you.

Yes, great ideas.

anyone managed to make the eu to fcc hack work on the mavic air yet? have been trying for hours without any sucess
..UPDATE.. got it to work!
You need to use the direct mobile phone wifi connection without the remote controller to change the mode from CE to FCC, i was trying via the remote controller and it was not changing.
Once you set it to FCC with 11 channels instead of 13 for europe then you can conect back via the cable to the remote controller and in my case my iphone and then you will get the change of location warning message which you must cancel every time from now on!
will try double range hopefuly tomorrow!!
Can you please write step by step instruction? Thanks.

So the Android device to change the GPS and then I start DJI GO4 with my iPad and it s done ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird