DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

i saw it also,there is an new version out since yesterday that supports up to firmware .400 any one tried it yet? Its also a bit cheaper then the moded version from here. (44.99)

you tried it already ?
No I use frida version and tweak.js but I’m considering it so I can ditch the apple dev account

Having purchased a Mavic Air this week in the UK, before I started flying it I researched the CE limitation and tried lots of ideas. I stumbled across a program called tools from a company called www.thinkskysoft.com.

This program when running on your MacBook with your IOS device connected allows you to put your GPS location anywhere in the world.

Connect the phone to the DJI Remote, fire up the DJI GO 4 software. Tell it you are in another country. Set up everything you want.

Disconnect the phone from the device and reboot. Phone resets itself to the UK or wherever your original location is but each time you run up the DJI software it asks you to reset your location. Just cancel this and you can fly on FCC power all the time.

Took about 3 days to find this solution but once found it took a minute to actually do the deed.

yes NLD updated great now in FCC mode with latest firmware
Did you have or did you use the NLD mod ? Is it real that to use the NLD mod your DJI Go 4 (for IOS) app needs to be version 4.1.3 or below ? Read it in the FAQ but will it work then with a Mavic 2 ? Just asking :)

no I am on 4.3.17 of dji go4 and now in FCC Mode

oh great, then im going to purchase the NLD MOD as it works with the latest firmware on FCC :) Thanks for your fast reply..

I got NLD today and using smart controller, now in fcc mode, got a bit bored putting in lat and long data in fake gps and covering up drone when switching on to get fcc each time I flew, not using it for NFZ as not much of a worry for me here but also wanted to keep the latest firmware, looking forward to the boost option when it becomes available

Last edited:
It's like NLD read my wish list - first FCC mode, now the current FW support :) Now could just use the 1.6W boost mode they have promised, and M2 will be complete.

Finally on FCC mode also! One mouse click and its done. Took some time but im glad NLD managed to do it.

oh great, then im going to purchase the NLD MOD as it works with the latest firmware on FCC :) Thanks for your fast reply..

Can anyone confirm fcc mode NLD MOD works with iOS app above v 4.1.3 (preferably newest version)?

kimix the FCC NLD MOD as nothing to do with the go4 app its a AC Firmware Mod

Reactions: kimix
kimix the FCC NLD MOD as nothing to do with the go4 app its a AC Firmware Mod

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I understood that, but more like if the go4 app had some counter measure to override fcc/ce mode based on actual location?
Cause NLD FAQ says you need go4 app below specific version.

But if it works with latest app version I’ll buy it too :)

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I understood that, but more like if the go4 app had some counter measure to override fcc/ce mode based on actual location?
Cause NLD FAQ says you need go4 app below specific version.

But if it works with latest app version I’ll buy it too :)
all I can tell you is in the uk its in CE mode so I just used the FCC NLD MOD And now in FCC Mode and already I noticed the difference can fly more distance and not lose any signal.and no problems with the last iOS go4 ver

Reactions: kimix
all I can tell you is in the uk its in CE mode so I just used the FCC NLD MOD And now in FCC Mode and already I noticed the difference can fly more distance and not lose any signal.and no problems with the last iOS go4 ver
Thanks zappy54 ??

Anyone here running the (1.8W) NLD BOOST mode?

Read about a few guys over at nolimit drones who had some video glitches and lost signal.

I have the FCC and BOOST on my M2Z, and lost connection with my drone today, so a bit worried if it is the Boost mode who is to blame.

Maybe they deleted the comment, I dont see any comments about glitches. Anyway, ive not had any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake