DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC vs EC

ThisBeaux

Reactions
I know there is probably threads about this, but how will I know which mini I get. I bought New fly more combo from a US seller on amazon. Are there two different models or is it where you are located when you turn it on that controls the EC? Thanks for any help. After reading about it I’m scared I’m going to get an EC model.

There are 2 models.
FCC: MT1SS5
CE: MT1SD25

FCC version doesn't have 2.4GHz band but does higher power in FCC countries
CE version got both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz but will not do higher power in FCC countries.

You will see on the packaging.
231415knsdnnjg2pgstvgg.jpg

there is very little chance of you receiving a CE version in the US

Could someone please explain the difference between FCC and CE.
My model says CE and I am from south Africa.
Thanks
its only the US i believe that get the FCC version ,its to do with their radio communications rules with regards to signal allocation and signal transmitting strength in there country it is different to other countries

its only the US i believe that get the FCC version ,its to do with their radio communications rules with regards to signal allocation and signal transmitting strength in there country it is different to other countries
Thanks.
So what is our maximum range and altitude then, read somwhere of 100m only?

Last edited:
Might be worth checking your Mini model number if unsure, as in the photo in post 2.
Australia has generally had all CE versions of DJI aircraft, but for some reason the Mavic Mini was introduced here in the FCC version.

Might be worth checking your Mini model number if unsure, as in the photo in post 2.
Australia has generally had all CE versions of DJI aircraft, but for some reason the Mavic Mini was introduced here in the FCC version.
I got the CE model, what would it range be?

I got the CE model, what would it range be?

Oh heck Herbie, it could vary from 300m urban with lots of wifi etc interference, it could be 500 or 600m otherwise, might even get a km out of it in good circumstances.

The FCC vision I have seen here in Australia have urban dropping out at around 1000m, but that was fairly low too, so more height would probably get into clearer signal LOS.

Have a look at a few of these . . . YouTube search > mavic mini ce range

Oh heck Herbie, it could vary from 300m urban with lots of wifi etc interference, it could be 500 or 600m otherwise, might even get a km out of it in good circumstances.

The FCC vision I have seen here in Australia have urban dropping out at around 1000m, but that was fairly low too, so more height would probably get into clearer signal LOS.

Have a look at a few of these . . . YouTube search > mavic mini ce range

Doesn't the manual or advertising talk of 4000m?

You can download a app called false gps which makes your phone think it's in a different place then you can change to fcc I have tried this and you do get a better reception

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69