DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FDC 3/5485 Scheduled

CorralesDan

Reactions
Just curious if anyone knows more about a NOTAM FDC3/5485. My wife and I are enjoying 3 days at a hot springs resort in Northern New Mexico. I don't have my drone with me, but I opened my Air Control app and found this warning. It starts on June 28 and goes to July 3. I checked the FAA site, and it says it's in place for 'Special Security Reasons.' The other odd thing is the center of the restricted airspace, which is quite large, is Van Horn, Texas.

The description of the TFR on the FAA site shows it is specifically between 10,000' and 13,000' above sea level so not much of a concern for drone pilots.

Just curious if anyone knows more about a NOTAM FDC3/5485. My wife and I are enjoying 3 days at a hot springs resort in Northern New Mexico. I don't have my drone with me, but I opened my Air Control app and found this warning. It starts on June 28 and goes to July 3. I checked the FAA site, and it says it's in place for 'Special Security Reasons.' The other odd thing is the center of the restricted airspace, which is quite large, is Van Horn, Texas.
I've seen that B4YouFly sometimes shows an enlarged area for a TFR, far beyond the actual area affected. If you look at the actual TFR information from the FAA, the correct area is shown. In any case, as @AlanL pointed out, with a 10,000' MSL floor, it's no issue for drones.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 150035.jpg

This is for the CORN RANCH launch facility in Van Horn. They will be Re-launching the failed ns-23 mission from sept. apparently sometime within that timeframe

This is for the CORN RANCH launch facility in Van Horn. They will be Re-launching the failed ns-23 mission from sept. apparently sometime within that timeframe
This NOTAM and some similar ones are further west than the Blue Origin launch facility (circled in red).

Screenshot 2023-06-23 193353.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman