DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature on Mavic Air

Also, I'm planning on skipping DJI care, as the *real* price of a repair with DJI care is close to 200, or 1/4 of the price... you have to pay for insurance PLUS the deductible. I'd rather risk paying for a repair, keep that money for more batteries, and fly carefully.

I bought an air, which arrives tomorrow. So posting today, because tomorrow I'll be too busy flying to post!!!!

I bought just the air, not the combo, due to my budget. I bought an extra battery and will buy more as I have funds... was considering the Spark and decided the extra cash was worth getting a drone I'd be happy with for years. I went for the Air for the portability, it'll be much easier to drop in my backpack on a hike. I live in Colorado and love to hike (and snowboard) around the continental divide, I'm really looking forward to flying around the Colorado peaks. And Friday is a powder day, so if there's a break in the snow I'll definitely fly it at the divide on Loveland Pass.

congrats on your purchase. please post pictures of your drone and your shot if u have time tomorrow.

congrats on your purchase. please post pictures of your drone and your shot if u have time tomorrow.
Pics are in Dave's "Air on Order" thread. I only had time for a quick test flight on my street. Was going to fly tonight... but had to take my kid to the doctor. But it was super stable even in pretty good wind. Love or so far... taking it snowboarding on Friday.

Of course! Red is the rarest and hard to get color. Plus it's faster.

That’s true. I decided to get the black though. The stealth mode was more useful to me than the extra speed. Turned out to be a mistake though. I put my Air down in the garden with stealth mode turned on and I’m waiting for the battery to run out so I can see it again.

Reactions: Rifleair
I really like my Air. I debated with myself about the right choice. I am a professional photographer and I need help with control while on a shoot. You cannot use any of the waypoint apps unfortunately. There are various responses from those developers, about when or if I will be able to use this to help.

I really like my Air. I debated with myself about the right choice. I am a professional photographer and I need help with control while on a shoot. You cannot use any of the waypoint apps unfortunately. There are various responses from those developers, about when or if I will be able to use this to help.

Have you tried the TapFly options?

Reactions: EsiMavic
For a new drone user, get the Air. APAS is outstanding. If your traveling with it, the smaller size is very nice. Also, spend $60 and insure it with State Farm. Forget DJI care, it's not a good deal.

That’s true. I decided to get the black though. The stealth mode was more useful to me than the extra speed. Turned out to be a mistake though. I put my Air down in the garden with stealth mode turned on and I’m waiting for the battery to run out so I can see it again.

Whats Stealth mode?

From a crash perspective, the MAis a no-brainer– Literally!

Have an seriously-heavy accident with a Phantom, And you’re more likely to mess up your craft (and a person if you strike them in the head) unless you’re comparing it to the Inspire!

With my Mavic Pros, The risk reward ratio looks much better.

Of course the Mavic Air is best of all, especially the gimbal protection shorter pops are less likely to cause eye laceration.

I like the Fly More cases on both of these, but the Mavic Air is so much more compact that also houses the battery charger, cable and adapter inside, while packing the Mavic Pro you hopefully hopefully remembered to bring along all the extra battery charging gear (otherwise you only have one hour of operation on your three batteries until you get back home again).

Not having the flight control information on the MA RC screen may someday prove to be a disadvantage but life goes on - yet another first world problem!

Last edited:
My only experience is with the Mavic Air but the rear obstacle avoidance has saved me from crashing while doing a reveal shot (not on the Pro).
For me, the flight range of the Air is all I need. I don’t think I’ve ever had it more than 1 mile away and candidly even though the Pro is larger, I don’t think I could see it 2 or 3 miles away. I like to hike and smaller is always better when filling up your day pack.

Personally I travel a lot, so something that is easy to travel with.
I am worried that I will crash the drone, lots of videos of crashing drones.

I want to drone that I can fly it around and take shot. I am not professional photographer. I want something that doesnt grab too much attention. something fun to have around.

my concern with MA - is the WIFI connectivity. and battery life
You never have enough batteries. Also if you do videos get the dji filter set.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_