DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature on Mavic Air

Having flown the Spark, MA and MP, MP definitely gave me the best experience. The solid connection between the drone and RC will give you a better peace of mind. However, I ended trading in MP for MA because of portability.

So I flew at a park yesterday with another drone pilot, who had the Phantom 4. The speed and range of the Phantom 4 eat the Air for lunch.... but... of course it's much more expensive, and you can't throw it in your backpack. I may need to get one of those too one day, but so far the Air sure is the best thing ever. It goes with me everywhere. I only wish I had a battery budget like @Rah.

So I flew at a park yesterday with another drone pilot, who had the Phantom 4. The speed and range of the Phantom 4 eat the Air for lunch.... but... of course it's much more expensive, and you can't throw it in your backpack. I may need to get one of those too one day, but so far the Air sure is the best thing ever. It goes with me everywhere. I only wish I had a battery budget like @Rah.

Yeah, but the Air is smaller than his controller.

Hows your new drones treating you?

Solid! I've started taking my 10 year old daughter flying with me... she got to fly both batteries last night. Clearly, I need more batteries now. I've flown in some crazy conditions (high wind, snow) and its performed very solid with no issues. I'm looking forward to flying on some clear days without wind! But yes, loving this drone. Definitely glad I splurged over the Spark. I think the big decision would be, do you buy an Air for portability, or a Phantom due to range (but NO portability). I'm glad I grabbed the Air because it goes EVERYWHERE I go.

Now I just need some more batteries.... (like 5 more for now?)

Solid! I've started taking my 10 year old daughter flying with me... she got to fly both batteries last night. Clearly, I need more batteries now. I've flown in some crazy conditions (high wind, snow) and its performed very solid with no issues. I'm looking forward to flying on some clear days without wind! But yes, loving this drone. Definitely glad I splurged over the Spark. I think the big decision would be, do you buy an Air for portability, or a Phantom due to range (but NO portability). I'm glad I grabbed the Air because it goes EVERYWHERE I go.

Now I just need some more batteries.... (like 5 more for now?)

Your best camera is the one you can always take with you. I had a Phantom but swapped to the Mavic Air purely for travel portability and not having to screw/unscrew the propellers all the time.

Reactions: UneBoleeDAir.fr
I have an MP and an MA, love them both! I had the MP first and then bought a spark to ‘play with’ but after a couple of flights decided to upgrade to the MA while drunken internet shopping one night. They are both amazing, the MA goes everywhere with me! When i’m travelling by car I take both, with 3 batteries for each there’s enough flight time to occupy a large chunk of my time!

Nice lovely honest review. I am debating between Air vs MP. I am more toward getting the Air. Did you got the Drone stand alone or fly more combo?

The Pro. Go on YouTube and see the “satisfied” customers. I think they lean to the Pro. But I’m sure any DJI product is decent

The Pro. Go on YouTube and see the “satisfied” customers. I think they lean to the Pro. But I’m sure any DJI product is decent
As noob, i think the obstacle avoidance on the Air benefits me.

1. Budget: The Air is much cheaper than the Pro. I couldn't afford the Pro but I could swing the Air.
2. If budget is not an issue, Pro Platinum.
3. Portability: The Air is super small and fits nicely in a backpack along with your other stuff.

Range hasn't been an issue for me, I've flown my Air a ridiculous long way (see this:
) and I don't see myself flying any drone farther than that. It's held up in high winds, snow, freezing temps, you name it. The Air is rock solid. And those sensors are really great.

Overall: the Air isn't better than the Pro Platinum, but for $300 less I'll take the Air.

The Air has done everything I want it to... hasn't disappointed me at all. Technically the Pro is a "better drone" but it's bigger and heavier. The portability is a major factor for me as I can take the Air anywhere. Eventually, I'm sure I'll buy another drone from DJI because this thing is so freaking great.

Either one: you can't lose. IMHO the Pro doesn't beat the Air by enough to justify the price and the loss of portability.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman