DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feeling A Little Irked by the MA2 Accessories Price Premiums.....

Nonprophet

Reactions
Ok, I get it. The MA2 is new so the demand is hot right now for accessories. But why was my Mavic Mini GPC hard case only $54 and the MA2 GPC case is $119? Yeah, it's a little bit bigger than the Mini case, but the Mavic 2 GPC case is even larger and it's only $84......Why is a set of floats/pontoons for the Mini $20 and a set for the MA2 is $40+? There are other examples, but you get the idea.....I suppose once the novelty wears off prices will (hopefully) come down, but for now it's a PITA.

Ok, rant over. I feel better now... :)

Last edited:
Good thing is there are plenty of similar cases for $40. It’s a matter of you choosing to buy an expensive brand.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Good thing is there are plenty of similar cases for $40. It’s a matter of you choosing to buy an expensive brand.
Yeah, not really. Not all hardshell cases are created equal--i.e. the Harbor Freight ones are junk, as are the other budget ones. Cheap hinges, cheap clasps, warped lids and cheap gaskets that leak. I've used Pelican cases for 30+ years because as a captain, I'm around water ALL THE TIME and I need cases that really ARE waterproof--not cases that LOOK waterproof. If you're just looking for shock protection, then the cheapo cases are OK, but if you truly need watertight seals, and you want a case that will last for decades, buy quality like Pelican, Nanuk, GPC, etc. Why someone would want to trust a $1,000+ drone in a $19 case is beyond me.....

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones