DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Felt on Hasselblad gimbal / OCD

You're the one that started the thread. You erroneously made the assumption that your audience knows what you meant. When they don't and ask, you tell them to go search.

I'm not sure if you understand how this whole thread / content creation and ownership works.

No biggie. I don't have the problem (I think) and you don't like to tell people what the problem is. I've got other things to do.

Have a better one.

Chris

You're the one that started the thread. You erroneously made the assumption that your audience knows what you meant. When they don't and ask, you tell them to go search.

I'm not sure if you understand how this whole thread / content creation and ownership works.

No biggie. I don't have the problem (I think) and you don't like to tell people what the problem is. I've got other things to do.

Have a better one.

Chris

You are the one who is making assumptions my friend.
Why so hostile?
No need to be...
I would be more than happy to take the time to explain.

Here you go:
(The first one, ironically, ‘Not A Speck Of Cereal‘ contributed to)

Etc etc etc

Ok guys yes there were some that were having issues and
was a warm topic at 1 time but let’s not get all heated up
about it. ?

Here you go:
(The first one, ironically, ‘Not A Speck Of Cereal‘ contributed to)

Etc etc etc
Thanks for researching. I actually am a poster in each of these forums pointing out that the PolarPro gimbal guard prevents this.... likely a tighter fit and the padding of it’s interior surface. Agree that $2 for the material you used is less expensive... but don’t want to start sticking things and/or adding weight on the gimbal. The PP cover accommodates my Freewell Variable ND filter and all of my PolarPro ND and polarized filters as well as the stock lens cover. Installation moves the gimbal only about 1 mm. No issues after over 1000 flights on 150-200 days of use. Transport sometimes in a GPC hard case and sometimes in a PGYTECH OneMo backpack.
Here’s a review of a few, including the PP, by our own @Aerial-Pixel

Thanks for researching. I actually am a poster in each of these forums pointing out that the PolarPro gimbal guard prevents this.... likely a tighter fit and the padding of it’s interior surface. Agree that $2 for the material you used is less expensive... but don’t want to start sticking things and/or adding weight on the gimbal. The PP cover accommodates my Freewell Variable ND filter and all of my PolarPro ND and polarized filters as well as the stock lens cover. Installation moves the gimbal only about 1 mm. No issues after over 1000 flights on 150-200 days of use. Transport sometimes in a GPC hard case and sometimes in a PGYTECH OneMo backpack.
Here’s a review of a few, including the PP, by our own @Aerial-Pixel

Thanks! Going to research the above.

About the extra weight, the relative wind created when flying straight has more strain on the motor than this piece of felt. So thats no problem.
Also some ND filters weigh way more and is further forward from the CG of the camera compared to the felt and extends the arm (from CG) a fair bit and, I think, that no body is experiencing problems with using the different kinds of ND filters.

I don’t see what the issue is here. Was the top of your camera getting scratched and why you added the felt.
If so what is doing it your gimbal cover or hitting on start up.

I don’t understand the issue either. I have a M2P, flown 100+ time over more than a year using the stock gimbal protector and the top of my camera is perfectly shiny, devoid of any scratches of any kind.

Maybe rough handling by the OP?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I don’t see what the issue is here. Was the top of your camera getting scratched and why you added the felt.
If so what is doing it your gimbal cover or hitting on start up.

It was scratching bad and was getting worser.
The camera of my 2nd Mavic 2 pro came heavily scratched out of the box and put the felt on the camera to try to stop the progression of it. The first Mavic 2 came with a heavily scratched body.
My problem is not an isolated one btw as you can see in the links posted above.

I dont mind wear and tear but I am super need with all my gear and try to make it last.

Dont know whats going on with the QC side of DJI but it is horrible at the moment.
Had the first Phantom, the first Mavic (without any problems) and the last 3 DJI products (2x Mavic 2 pro and a Mini) all came scratched. And again, this is not an isolated problem and something is really wrong at the moment at DJI’s side.

After above statement i suspect being attacked by a lot of fan boys, but do your research.

Any way, hope the felt helps.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter