DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fiddly Controller wire

john2k

Reactions
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 so swapped out the iPhone cable with the USB type C cable for the controller, but it seems like a right pain in the bottom to connect it. I feel like fiddling with this back and forth will end up damaging my phones usb port. Is there a trick to put this cable into the phone and mounting the phone? I feel like in the attempt to make this controller portable they've over-complicated the wire

I took out the little sliding holder that holds the end of the cable in the controller "wing" & just let the cable dangle freely. It's much easier for me to plug it into my Iphone, & when you close it up to hold the phone just make sure it fits into the space in the holder

Reactions: Kilrah and john2k
I took out the little sliding holder that holds the end of the cable in the controller "wing" & just let the cable dangle freely. It's much easier for me to plug it into my Iphone, & when you close it up to hold the phone just make sure it fits into the space in the holder

I just ended up doing that too. The plastic holder really just makes it a pain. Without it is much more easier like you said the wire can freely move around.

Another suggestion would be one of these device holders. I have bought and sold dozens of these, and they work great. You can put your device in the top, even with a case on, and then connect your device to the bottom USB on the controller. Easy in, easy out, and no more fiddling with the OEM cable, or risk of damaging your phones port. It doesnt matter that it blocks the display, because on the MA there is no display as on the Mavic Pro.

http://a.co/g1W0HjB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60