DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File Recovery

nedcampbell

Reactions
So I tangled with a 60 feet tall white sycamore and lost. Tumbled down all the way through the branches to a pretty hard crash. My M2Z took it like a champ but it will be going for a Refresh.
It was recording to the end but upon impact the battery popped out. Now it says the file is corrupt and can’t view.
Any ideas on how to recover the file? Thx.

So I tangled with a 60 feet tall white sycamore and lost. Tumbled down all the way through the branches to a pretty hard crash. My M2Z took it like a champ but it will be going for a Refresh.
It was recording to the end but upon impact the battery popped out. Now it says the file is corrupt and can’t view.

in days of old (Phantom 2) you just put the card back in the quad and hit record for 10 seconds and it usually repairs the previous file

I have used the method shown here: Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files

I have, it works. The only trick is finding out the code to use for the resolution. However if the M2Z still fires up, just put the SD card back in, turn on the AC and let it fix the last file for you.
I don't think it even has to be the same M2.

I have, it works. The only trick is finding out the code to use for the resolution. However if the M2Z still fires up, just put the SD card back in, turn on the AC and let it fix the last file for you.
I don't think it even has to be the same M2
in days of old (Phantom 2) you just put the card back in the quad and hit record for 10 seconds and it usually repairs the previous file
I tried this with a new file. The new file after it was fine but the "crashed" one did not repair. Receive this message: "Can't Play. That one is either corrupted or in a format we can't play. 0x80070570." Guess I will try the file repair route next.

I believe it has to be the last recording for it to auto-repair. If you make a subsequent recording, then you have to go through the tedious repair process.
But then you'd think the steps needed in order to be able to do a recording would fix the problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_