DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming a UFO Drone (Matrice 600 with Lighting system) with Mavic 2 Pro. Impressed by the Mavics low light perf.

mauicamera

Reactions
We got bored on set and did a little experimenting with the Mavic 2 Pro capturing the "UFO Drone" of ours, check it out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FGCbxcUT3I

Pretty cool footage from a $1500 drone!

Thanks for checking it out if you had the time..and yes we have Nighttime Waivers and we're on a closed set if anyone was wondering.

Wow. What’re you filming?

Wow. What’re you filming?

We were working on a feature film with the Matrice 600, the set happened to be next to this plane wreckage from a different production I assume. I always bring the Mavic 2 Pro for BTS stuff so we decided to put it up in the air to capture the Matrice lighting up the wreckage. The results are really cool I think and the Mavic 2 Pro still surprises for it's capabilities, especially at that price point.

I don't think you will see Mavic's being used much if ever in Feature's, although I have used them on Broadcast TV shows, including a recent iTv show which I used the m2p as our primary drone..(I see your British so thought I'd mention the iTv connection). That show premiers soon and I can share some Mavic 2 Pro highlights once it does if you are interested.

I can't disclose name of the feautre or that was for bc of NDA and film not being released yet unfortunately. But it obviously has to do with UFOs ;)

We were working on a feature film with the Matrice 600, the set happened to be next to this plane wreckage from a different production I assume. I always bring the Mavic 2 Pro for BTS stuff so we decided to put it up in the air to capture the Matrice lighting up the wreckage. The results are really cool I think and the Mavic 2 Pro still surprises for it's capabilities, especially at that price point.

I don't think you will see Mavic's being used much if ever in Feature's, although I have used them on Broadcast TV shows, including a recent iTv show which I used the m2p as our primary drone..(I see your British so thought I'd mention the iTv connection). That show premiers soon and I can share some Mavic 2 Pro highlights once it does if you are interested.

I can't disclose name of the feautre or that was for bc of NDA and film not being released yet unfortunately. But it obviously has to do with UFOs ;)
Yeah, that'd be great :)

Reactions: mauicamera
e
Excellent night shots!
Which of the available spotlights were you using? What was your aperture setting?

Thanks for watching!

We were using a spotlight with a 160K Lumens, not sure if should divulge too much more about that light set up as it's a drone unique to the shop.

As far as Aperture I'm sure it was wide open at f2.8, Iso probably around 800, D-Log, 4k 24.

I didn't use any De-Noiser. I would normally use Neat Video but I was stoked with how this looked without it. Of course youtube always compresses weird but oh well

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes