DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming Regulations When Flying Part 107

Bakasura

Reactions
Hello!

I was wondering if there are any kinds of regulations that would prevent me from using footage I captured from my drone commercially. Example: If I filmed a local park and abided by all FAA Regulations and made sure I followed the local ordinances in regards to taking off and landing is there any way me using the footage commercially could get me fined?

Generally, if it is a public place then there is no right to privacy. Of course this may be location specific and local laws may apply. Perhaps if you posted where you are recording then someone may be more helpful.

Generally, if it is a public place then there is no right to privacy. Of course this may be location specific and local laws may apply. Perhaps if you posted where you are recording then someone may be more helpful.
I'm considering shooting at Jacob L. Loose Park in Kansas City Missouri and the surrounding areas. I can't find if there is an ordinance that would fine me for recording.

I was wondering if there are any kinds of regulations that would prevent me from using footage I captured from my drone commercially. Example: If I filmed a local park and abided by all FAA Regulations and made sure I followed the local ordinances in regards to taking off and landing is there any way me using the footage commercially could get me fined?

Besides that clearing being in violation of the law?

It is like saying, is it okay for me to speed as long as I obey all of the other laws?

Edit: I think I misunderstood the post. You _are_ flying with Part 107 certification? If so, all other laws still apply

From the KC Parks web site (Photo/Film/Video Permit Form - KC Parks and Rec):
"Do I need a permit? A permit is required for still and video commercial/promotional shoots. If the photos are for a permitted event in the park, no additional Photo/Film permit is required. If you are shooting for personal use, you do not need a permit. You will need a permit if your shooting will impact others and/or the environment, if you are using the public space in a special/different way than it is intended (ie. as a studio or set) or if you are shooting with a drone. Permit fees and insurance needs will be determined upon review of the completed request form."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair