DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filmmaker from Iran - Now in Turkey!

FabledFew

Reactions
Hey everyone!

My name's Mohammad. I've been making films and doing DOP work for a decade, and last year I was fortunate enough to get a Mavic Air for myself.

Unfortunately, I lost my Mavic Air in the Bosphorus river in Istanbul. The client whose birthday we were covering offered to pay for the damages, and we were able to replace it with a brand new Mavic Air 2.

I love the Mavic Air 2. It's such a capable drone, and having OccuSync 2.0 eases my nerves when flying. Also, 4K at 60fps is superb, and fits in great with the work we do, which is currently mostly wedding/pre-wedding videography.

Anyway, I wanted to say my greetings, and I am looking forward to learning from all the experienced pilots here. :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome Mohammad. You would be the first person I've ever met, in person or virtually who is currently from Iran. I am so curious about so many things there that I'm sure the media doesn't or can't cover... But i supposed that would be out of bound for this forum. Was it hard to get permission to travel to Turkey?

Welcome Mohammad. You would be the first person I've ever met, in person or virtually who is currently from Iran. I am so curious about so many things there that I'm sure the media doesn't or can't cover... But i supposed that would be out of bound for this forum. Was it hard to get permission to travel to Turkey?
I know the feeling! I was born in Iran, but grew up in Dubai, but had to go back when I was 18. Spent my university years there, so I have both of the views. Iran from outside, and what it's actually like living there. Spoilers: It's not as bad media makes it out to be, however, if life was a video game, living in Iran would definitely be the hardest difficulty setting.
Iran and Turkey have very good political and social relations, so no it wasn't at all hard immigrating here. If you're curious, we can definitely talk away from the forums. And thank you for the welcome message!

I know the feeling! I was born in Iran, but grew up in Dubai, but had to go back when I was 18. Spent my university years there, so I have both of the views. Iran from outside, and what it's actually like living there. Spoilers: It's not as bad media makes it out to be, however, if life was a video game, living in Iran would definitely be the hardest difficulty setting.
Iran and Turkey have very good political and social relations, so no it wasn't at all hard immigrating here. If you're curious, we can definitely talk away from the forums. And thank you for the welcome message!

I did catch your review of the MA2 zoom features... Your English is SO good! I don't know if I should be surprised or not?
In 2012-2013 I lived in Mexico (City) and studied at UNAM's Centro de Ensenanza para Extrajeros where students from all over the world came to study. I was studying intensive Spanish and Mexican Culture. We had people from all over the world (except the middle east for some reason); from Russia, China, Sweden, Japan, Korea, Poland and a few other countries. What shocked me was that THE language spoken in the common areas, in the middle of Mexico was ENGLISH!!!... even though I was only one of two or three Americans or even native English speakers in the department! And they were all fluent. I am extremely curious about other cultures and languages.

I did catch your review of the MA2 zoom features... Your English is SO good! I don't know if I should be surprised or not?
In 2012-2013 I lived in Mexico (City) and studied at UNAM's Centro de Ensenanza para Extrajeros where students from all over the world came to study. I was studying intensive Spanish and Mexican Culture. We had people from all over the world (except the middle east for some reason); from Russia, China, Sweden, Japan, Korea, Poland and a few other countries. What shocked me was that THE language spoken in the common areas, in the middle of Mexico was ENGLISH!!!... even though I was only one of two or three Americans or even native English speakers in the department! And they were all fluent. I am extremely curious about other cultures and languages.
Thanks for watching!
Growing up in Dubai, my primary language is actually English. Because believe it or not, that's the main language spoken in Dubai. But I am lucky enough to be fluent in 4 different languages, English, Farsi, Japanese and Turkish.
It's surprising the places where English is the main language; and then you'd expect somewhere like Turkey, which is a huge tourist attraction zone, people would speak English, but alas, that's not the case. So, what do you do if you live here? You learn their language.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey everyone!

My name's Mohammad. I've been making films and doing DOP work for a decade, and last year I was fortunate enough to get a Mavic Air for myself.

Unfortunately, I lost my Mavic Air in the Bosphorus river in Istanbul. The client whose birthday we were covering offered to pay for the damages, and we were able to replace it with a brand new Mavic Air 2.

I love the Mavic Air 2. It's such a capable drone, and having OccuSync 2.0 eases my nerves when flying. Also, 4K at 60fps is superb, and fits in great with the work we do, which is currently mostly wedding/pre-wedding videography.

Anyway, I wanted to say my greetings, and I am looking forward to learning from all the experienced pilots here. :)
Welcome from New Zealand.

I have been to Turkey but not the middle east (apart from transiting). I look forward to seeing more pictures of Turkey.

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Hey everyone!

Dorood Mohammad Jan,

I am moving to Istanbul from the US later this year. I have a Mavic Air 2 and am wondering if I'm going to have any problems bringing it into Turkey. Did you have any problems yourself? I'm reading that only Turkish citizens can register their drones over 500g. Is that true?

-Azad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21