DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally DJI GO 4.1.22 available in Moverio Store

Ok thats new and hope such weird occurrence is only once for all. BT300 users already went thru too much adventure not sure how much more we still can take.

Oh sorry i missed the rest of your questions. I had just switched to HD transmission before taking off - but i was less than 500 yards away. I had no indications of weak signal from the controller- all green.

I fly yesterday for 6-7km both way and it has been smooth. So we just have to keep our fingers cross.

Reactions: mreloc
Sorry to revive this old thread.

The radar view is actually quite important to check the wind direction and also to estimate how strong it is. From the green horizon level, you can tell which way the AC is leaning to fight the wind. The stronger the wind, the more roll the AC has to do to compensate.

When flying from home, I don't need the map at all as I know the area very well. If I have to choose between "radar" or map (such as when using a phone instead of a tablet), I'd choose radar 90% of the time.

When flying in less familiar areas, I almost always use a tablet whenever possible to get both views at the same time. I'd switch between the 2 views if I am using a phone.

So, after about 6 months, is it now possible to view both the "radar" and map at the same time with the Moverio like when we are using a tablet?

Sorry to revive this old thread.

The radar view is actually quite important to check the wind direction and also to estimate how strong it is. From the green horizon level, you can tell which way the AC is leaning to fight the wind. The stronger the wind, the more roll the AC has to do to compensate.

When flying from home, I don't need the map at all as I know the area very well. If I have to choose between "radar" or map (such as when using a phone instead of a tablet), I'd choose radar 90% of the time.

When flying in less familiar areas, I almost always use a tablet whenever possible to get both views at the same time. I'd switch between the 2 views if I am using a phone.

So, after about 6 months, is it now possible to view both the "radar" and map at the same time with the Moverio like when we are using a tablet?

unfortunately NO! The bug is not fixed and worse is if you use to connect Mavic Air the on screen data will freeze up once you touch the MAP!

unfortunately NO! The bug is not fixed and worse is if you use to connect Mavic Air the on screen data will freeze up once you touch the MAP!
Thank you for the info. While not a deal breaker (I don't have Mavic Air), it's indeed annoying that they still can't solve this problem.

Thank you for the info. While not a deal breaker (I don't have Mavic Air), it's indeed annoying that they still can't solve this problem.

I don’t see DJI intend to solve this issue at all.

Porto,

Check out this thread,

DJI GO 4.2.14 Map route still position misplaced
Discussion in 'MOVERIO FPV Smart Glasses' started by godiva92, Jun 11, 2018.

Its down a bit in the directory, They explain how to change the DPI in the BT's and it brings both boxes back into view. I cannot figure out how to link to the thread but it is still there. Check it out.

~Bill

Reactions: Porto
Porto,

Check out this thread,

Its down a bit in the directory, They explain how to change the DPI in the BT's and it brings both boxes back into view. I cannot figure out how to link to the thread but it is still there. Check it out.

~Bill
Thanks a lot, I'll check it out Thumbswayup

Porto,

Check out this thread,

~Bill
Yes it works! Thanks again for the info :)

Apparently I rejoiced too soon. While the radar view can be seen together with the map, it is -90 deg off (so "North" is "West"). I tried to calibrate both the controller and the glasses using the infinite loop movements but to no avail.

These little bugs were among the things that previously had made me to keep on postponing buying the Moverio. When I finally pulled the trigger, these small bugs seem to disappoint me more than I thought it would be.

Well that totally sucks. I know what you mean about some of the little bugs. I have learned to ignore most of them. The one that that really sucks is the overheating and complete shutdown. Epson will talk to me about it or even acknowledge the problem exists. I hope you do not experience the over heating issue. I wonder what version of DJI GO Chuck was using. You might try sideloading an older version of DJI GO.

Well that totally sucks. I know what you mean about some of the little bugs. I have learned to ignore most of them. The one that that really sucks is the overheating and complete shutdown. Epson will talk to me about it or even acknowledge the problem exists. I hope you do not experience the over heating issue. I wonder what version of DJI GO Chuck was using. You might try sideloading an older version of DJI GO.
Just curious, do you also have this radar view problem, i.e. the radar doesn't show the correct compass? If yes, is it also off by -90 deg? (North on the "radar" screen actually is West).

How about anybody else here, anybody got the radar to point North correctly?

Edit: I haven't experienced the overheating issue yet, but I've not flown more than 2 batteries in succession. I don't want to rejoice too soon for the second time on this one!

Last edited:
I have not changed my DPI to get the radar display to the correct place. I did check to see where the radar is pointing and it appears to be correct. When the remote is facing west the radar is pointing west. When I move the remote to face north the display follows. I have never used this feature and not too sure how it should work but it appears to be correct.

I have not changed my DPI to get the radar display to the correct place. I did check to see where the radar is pointing and it appears to be correct. When the remote is facing west the radar is pointing west. When I move the remote to face north the display follows. I have never used this feature and not too sure how it should work but it appears to be correct.
Yes yours is pointing correctly. However it doesn't follow your remote though, it follows your headset. Try pointing your remote to the North and turn your head to the West :)

That makes sense, thanks! So are you saying after the DPI mod yours is not pointing correctly or do you fell it is a sensor issue with the BT's

No, it has nothing to do with changing the DPI settings. It's the calibration of my headset that's off by -90 deg. Have not been able to successfully calibrate the headset using the Moverio calibration app. The tutorial in that app is not very clear and I can't find any video tutorial by Epson on how to correctly do it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J