DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Technology ARC XL strobe, What’s your verdict with the MA2?

Can i just add something without getting into any arguments

It seems most folk are wanting to fly further away from the launch site hence the attachment of strobe lights to their drone.
Good idea if that's what you want.
But using strobe lights as a excuse saying you can use them for the orientation of the drone is pie in the sky
On the ma2 not sure about other drones you have the map feature at your finger tips and the icon bottom centre of screen.
Why do you need lights to tell you where your drone is?

Cheers Mel
Why? To maintain the required visual contact with the drone, in most countries. But YT shows that plenty of fliers (maybe not “pilots” ? ) are very dismissal of this aspect. The one overlooked feature though, is that added strobes may help fixed wing or helicopter pilots see a drone in the sky, too. The screen map won’t help them! Cheers ??

I've been looking at FT strobes and it is a bit confusing with different strobes and updating lights that are currently available in Australia. I've looked at the Arc V sets and they look good with 5 Cree bulbs and then I've looked at the Arc XL which has the LAND and now with 6 Cree bulbs! Only the older model Arc XL is available. It appears that the Arc XL can only be mounted on the top, unless you also purchase arm holders.The Arc XL with seperate white, red and green lights, each with 6 Cree bulbs and the LAND looks very attractive but not yet available in Australia. Obviously the arm holders would be required for three seperate lights. Which makes the complete kit a very expensive proposition but clearly would light up the sky but would that be overkill? Mounting any of these strobes on the top of my MA2 would defeat the purpose for my need as I want to be able to see the location of my drone from underneath, at a reasonable distance.

I think I may wait for the latest Arc XL Navigation kit to arrive in Australia.

Last edited:
I am in Australia have 2 arc XL using aerial pixel arm mounts and they are perfect. I hated having velcro on my drone so the mounts were the go. Not cheap getting it all in Australia but so glad I did. I mainly use it as a added LOS for the drone. From a technical stand point there are no better out there. I have a white on front red on back and it helps with orientation as well.

Reactions: Thomas B and Cirdan
I am in Australia have 2 arc XL using aerial pixel arm mounts and they are perfect. I hated having velcro on my drone so the mounts were the go. Not cheap getting it all in Australia but so glad I did. I mainly use it as a added LOS for the drone. From a technical stand point there are no better out there. I have a white on front red on back and it helps with orientation as well.
The aerial pixel arm mounts fit on the MA2? Where did you get them from please?

If you mean the Firehouse Technology website.
I tried that and all I get is "This store does not ship to the provided address."
No mate, aerial pixel website for the aerial pixel mounts.
The strobes I bought online from Perth drone shop they import firehouse stuff.

Reactions: Thomas B and Cirdan
The firehouse lights are a worthy investment if you fly at dusk, dawn or night. Do not trust Velcro to retain them in the event of an UNPLANNED crash!!! Who plans to crash anyway? You’ll need either mounts or zip ties to hold on to them...even in a low speed crash. Don’t assume that you’ll find them just because they are lit or flashing, if they are used in daylight hours.

Does this sound like someone who’s been there? I’m still pissed about that missing red LED light! It has been a month.

hehe You PLAN your crashes?
71.gif

Ok, thank you.

I have a set of mounts for the ARC v's on the MA2.

Nice fit on the MA2. ?

Good set up. I'm thinking of following in your footsteps here. I presume both lights have LAND?
I have wondered if there is much noticeable difference between the five globe Arc XL and the more recent Arc XL with six globes(not available in Aust. yet).

Good set up. I'm thinking of following in your footsteps here. I presume both lights have LAND?
I have wondered if there is much noticeable difference between the five globe Arc XL and the more recent Arc XL with six globes(not available in Aust. yet).
Yes both have LAND which is nice to have that added security.

yes I noticed the 6LED photos on the firehouse website vs what I received. I assume they will be slightly brighter they obviously saw a reason to add one Extra in. i doubt a huge difference though as battery life would be affected. I imagine it’s actually more efficient the updated 6 LED one more than anything.

im super happy with the setup. Works just as I hoped. Midday sun even, though not so effective.

Reactions: Cirdan
Yes both have LAND which is nice to have that added security.

yes I noticed the 6LED photos on the firehouse website vs what I received. I assume they will be slightly brighter they obviously saw a reason to add one Extra in. i doubt a huge difference though as battery life would be affected. I imagine it’s actually more efficient the updated 6 LED one more than anything.

im super happy with the setup. Works just as I hoped. Midday sun even, though not so effective.
You considered getting a green for the other rear arm?

Arrived and mounted with the clips from aerial pixel.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661