DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware 01.00.0790

Don Wiley

Reactions
Just did a firmware update to 01.00.0790 on my M2Z. Does anyone know what was updated? I can't find anything about the update in the internet and it's been out since September.
Thanks,

The same for Mavic 2 Pro...
Just say OPTIMIZED FLIGHT SAFETY.
227,4 mb???

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-18 at 03.16.29 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-18 at 03.16.29 (1).jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 44
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-18 at 03.16.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-18 at 03.16.29.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
I've gotten the same and am searching the www for answer. Haven't found any thusfar.
I'ts quite a big update and happened around the same time as my DJI Avata received an simular size update which also includes the remote ID functionality (for US users).

"OPTIMIZED FLIGHT SAFETY."

The most dangerous and untrusty words by DJI,
DO NOT TRUST THEM.

That's what the update on the DJI Fly App said for the Mini 2 - (v1.04.xxx) it took away ability to use Drone-hack, make it impossible to DOWNGRADE firmware, and caused many RC NOT CONNECTED with some Mini 2 owners.

I received the following info from them;

Hi, Cristiaan. We just received a confirmation from our related team. Please note that the security strategy of the aircraft is optimized in this firmware update to ensure your flight safety, so we recommend all users update the firmware to its latest version. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding..

So not much to go on.

Today 28.12.2022 I was out with a Mavic 2 Zoom drone that I bought brand new in 2018 (I have been flying drones from Phanom 2V+ through Phantom 3 S and Mavic 1 Pro since 2017).
I have installed the new firmware for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom despite doubts whether it is a user trap and may degrade flight characteristics or shorten transmitter range or whether the drone will work with Litchi like Waypoint, tracking, circle and other features. I declare that the new firmware V 01.00.0790 has not affected any features. The drone fully performs all functions reliably and without change. It is stable , like nails in the sky. In the GO4 application version V4.3.54 for android everything works reliably, smoothly without limitations. I made a flight to a distance of 5km and the signal was 80% strong. Litchi performed Waypoint completely flawlessly. The drone descended, climbed, changed speed and also rotated to the point of interest. All as I had entered on the map on the computer at home as a plan for a future flight. I mean the planned mission with Litchi. 500m altitude is also allowed. The only thing I have noticed is , that I cannot revert back to a lower or older firmware version. The option to descend to an older firmware version has been removed. This is also what the computer program assistant for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom shows. I don't regret anything that I can't downgrade the firmware. Because everything works flawlessly. But it's up to everyone whether to update the drone or not. Make up your own mind people. But if you do the update, you will still be happy.

Today 28.12.2022 I was out with a Mavic 2 Zoom drone that I bought brand new in 2018 (I have been flying drones from Phanom 2V+ through Phantom 3 S and Mavic 1 Pro since 2017).
I have installed the new firmware for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom despite doubts whether it is a user trap and may degrade flight characteristics or shorten transmitter range or whether the drone will work with Litchi like Waypoint, tracking, circle and other features. I declare that the new firmware V 01.00.0790 has not affected any features. The drone fully performs all functions reliably and without change. It is stable , like nails in the sky. In the GO4 application version V4.3.54 for android everything works reliably, smoothly without limitations. I made a flight to a distance of 5km and the signal was 80% strong. Litchi performed Waypoint completely flawlessly. The drone descended, climbed, changed speed and also rotated to the point of interest. All as I had entered on the map on the computer at home as a plan for a future flight. I mean the planned mission with Litchi. 500m altitude is also allowed. The only thing I have noticed is , that I cannot revert back to a lower or older firmware version. The option to descend to an older firmware version has been removed. This is also what the computer program assistant for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom shows. I don't regret anything that I can't downgrade the firmware. Because everything works flawlessly. But it's up to everyone whether to update the drone or not. Make up your own mind people. But if you do the update, you will still be happy.
Thank you very much for this detailed info.
So, apart from the option to rollback, all is well.

Reactions: Miri
Dji always uses similar terms in their patchnotes, so over time you can start understanding what they mean.

In DJI-speech, "optimized" means "made stricter / more suppressive". If it's the other way around - something is increased or restrictions lifted - then they use the proper word directly.

Other such terms:
"flight safety" means "restrictions imposed on the pilot".
"Security" means "anti-tampering locks". This usually comes in if they're removing user ability to hack their drones by fixing a hole used by the hacking software. Unless it's "data security", which means "ability to spy on users".

I'd have to check, but RID was shoehorned in a couple of updates before the '.0770' iteration, but the option to disable the feature was an active software switch. Has anyone checked if the UUID and RID enable/disable switch is still there? Waste of time me looking, after 0770, I stopped updating the firmware because that was the point after which I noticed serious problems with signal strength & reliability, especially with the 2.4ghz frequency

So far, I have heard nothing to compel me to upgrade, and a lot of items that incline me not to. As long as it keeps flying OK with the current firmware, I see no reason to "upgrade" ?!

Reactions: Starz
"Security" means "anti-tampering locks". This usually comes in if they're removing user ability to hack their drones by fixing a hole used by the hacking software.
I was convinced that DJI would do that with firmware .0790 . But according to Drone-Hacks it is still possible to use their tool to remove NoFlyZones, remove altitude limit and enable FCC in CE-countries, also with .0790.

Reactions: Bramavic2
So far, I have heard nothing to compel me to upgrade, and a lot of items that incline me not to. As long as it keeps flying OK with the current firmware, I see no reason to "upgrade" ?!
This bill is currently in congressional committee:

SEC. 2. DRONE OFFENSE. Title 18, United States Code, is amended – (1) by inserting after section 40A the following:
Ҥ 40B. Misuse of unmanned aircraft.

“(a) WEAPONIZATION.

“(b) IMPAIRMENT OF IDENTIFICATION OR LIGHTING. –
“(1) Whoever knowingly uses an unmanned aircraft in furtherance of the commission of a felony, where Federal law requires that the aircraft be registered but it is not registered, shall be punished as provided in subsection (f).

“(2) Whoever, in violation of Federal law, knowingly –
A - 1 “(A) removes, obliterates, tampers with, or alters the identification number of an unmanned aircraft; “(B) disables or fails to effect any required identification transmission or signaling of an unmanned aircraft; or “(C) disables or obscures any required anti-collision lighting of an unmanned aircraft or fails to have or illuminate such lighting as required, shall be punished as provided in subsection (f).

“(f) PENALTIES. – Whoever commits an offense under this section shall be punished – “(1) for an offense under subsection (b) or (d), by imprisonment for not more than 5 years;

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada