DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware kill switch

xman1

Reactions
Has anyone had time to dig through firmware .0400 to see if this switch exists in it as well?

<release version="01.03.0700" antirollback="1" enforce="0" enforce_ext="cn:0," from="2017/05/05" expire="2018/05/05>

So we know .0700 will not be working next May. Just hoping .0400 is still OK here.

From what I have seem in different forums, the expiry date is set to one year from the manufacture date.

But what is the expiry date for?

From what I have seem in different forums, the expiry date is set to one year from the manufacture date.

But what is the expiry date for?
Kill switch to force an update of the firmware. I wonder if we can mod it somehow to put it sometime in 2030.

It doesn't matter anymore. They have gone way past the point of fixing problems like that.

Rob

It doesn't matter anymore. They have gone way past the point of fixing problems like that.

Rob

What do you mean? I see the firmware is open using a Busybox exploit, but I don't see where this is fixed.

What do you mean? I see the firmware is open using a Busybox exploit, but I don't see where this is fixed.

Things are evolving by the hour.
I don't think a problem that is months away is a concern right now. As it stands the stuff is wide open, so when someone gets around to it I think it will be fixed in a matter of hours.

Rob

People have reportedly been using firmwares with dates that are past expiration and it's been no issue, so the current stance is "there's a way to make firmwares expire but it' not been enabled".

It's also not known what that "expiry" means, could also be that you can continue using it, just not reflash it if you were on another version.

<device id="wm220">
<firmware formal="01.03.0400">
<release version="01.03.0400" antirollback="1" enforce="0" from="2017/02/10" expire="2018/02/10">

It´s in clear text in this file: "01.03.0400.cfg.sig" (you find this in the assistant-folder where the other *.sig-Firmware files are cached

Can confirm a Mavic will still install .400 today while knowing the current date and start motors with GPS.
I.e. that "expiry" does nothing at all as previously suspected.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure