DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Revision: Three Months and Counting

If I had a drone that was “downed and unflyable” I’d be going hard at DJI, not forum members.

I haven’t had issues on the most recent firmware, software, whatever so why don’t you fight DJI to get your units in for review.

Seriously...

Reactions: Kilrah
These people are just wasting their time waiting on an update that likely won't do anything. They should send their device for repair, since most work fine it's obviously not a software issue but something related to their unit.

I don't know why most people nowadays seem to think everything is software and that a hardware problem is never a possibility.

I'll tell you why. Because in this case their unit worked fine before the update. Mine did. DJI admins on this and other forums have admitted that there are issues with this version of firmware that affect some of the aircraft, and have stated the issues will be addressed in a new update that was hinted at months ago and has yet to be delivered after nearly 125 days. The OP asked if there was any word on when DJI might make good on this. His question shouldn't be dismissed because "most" people are happy with their unit.

I finally gave up waiting and asked for a new a/c. Fortunately, I live in the U.S. and had that option available to me. The process went smoothly, and so far the new a/c hasn't gone flaky. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have that option and want to know when DJI will release the new FW. It is a valid question.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Most Mavic Air owners are still waiting for a revision of firmware v01.00.0400 to fix all the issues that's been reported......... Has anyone heard anything positive coming for a revision?
I logged a support case two weeks ago and DJI confirmed there is an issue with the geotagging in the photos and to be resolved in the next firmware update.

Why are you waiting for waypoint or even assuming that it is missing? The Air never included waypoint nor promised it. Buy Litchi and stop waiting.
I can appreciate that some people have had issues, but I have still had zero issues for me on all the latest FW and app version. Absolutely rock solid.

Assuming that issues are the minority (you will always get many times more people posting about problems than those that are happy), there may not be much urgency at DJI despite the fact that a small amount of people legitimately need a fix and their hands are probably full with Pro2 stuff right now.
I agree DJI doesnt give a **** about their products crashing and the customers who paid for them. I will be buying elsewhere where the company who manufactures the product will support it.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I agree DJI doesnt give a **** about their products crashing and the customers who paid for them. I will be buying elsewhere where the company who manufactures the product will support it.

LOL, some of you guys need to just sell your DJI products and leave the forums

Reactions: JDawg
I agree no product of any kind is perfect. My 335i had bad throttle lag (drive by wire) as did many other owners and BMW did all they could to ignore it and claim it didn't happen. I don't think it means they don't give a **** about their products and customers, I think they are always working on problems and improvements and they have to prioritize.

Reactions: DesJardins
Been flying the MA since March 2018. Frequent Flyer!! No issues at all. I perform the update check at least the day before, or day of flight. Even go through it with each of my batteries. I fly with Litchi on a Samsung Tab A 8" and DJI Go 4 on the Samsung Note 8. Absolutely no issues at all. I have no idea how DJI would make a determination on an upgrade, i.e., 10/100/1000 reported problems of similar nature. So, I would also say that it is possible for those who have reported problems, that DJI's magic number has not been achieved, and also possibly DJI may be waiting to hit their magic mark for update. I sincerely hope each and every one of you, experiencing problems with your MA, are able to fully resolve the issue(s) and get back to safe and enjoyable flying.

Been flying the MA since March 2018. Frequent Flyer!! No issues at all. I perform the update check at least the day before, or day of flight. Even go through it with each of my batteries. I fly with Litchi on a Samsung Tab A 8" and DJI Go 4 on the Samsung Note 8. Absolutely no issues at all. I have no idea how DJI would make a determination on an upgrade, i.e., 10/100/1000 reported problems of similar nature. So, I would also say that it is possible for those who have reported problems, that DJI's magic number has not been achieved, and also possibly DJI may be waiting to hit their magic mark for update. I sincerely hope each and every one of you, experiencing problems with your MA, are able to fully resolve the issue(s) and get back to safe and enjoyable flying.
BINGO

Good for you. And I too finally got one that's works well. Just don't dismiss the fact that issues exist for some that are, without a doubt, related to the F/W update and have nothing to do with "operator error". There's a big difference between doing something stupid as a pilot and having a perfectly good A/C start to perform flaky after a F/W update. I used to feel the way you do after owning several DJI products and not having F/W update issues. I'll not do it again.

Amen! You are absolutely correct !

Absolutely true! Will be looking for a new manufacturer after this MP - too much "Big Brother" BS & screwing with updates... IMHO!

I have two mavic pros, never updated firmware, have no idea what it is and dont care because they both work perfectly.
I agree with wayne. it isnt always soft or firmware. Sometimes things just break. If your car stops you dont think its firmware. sure firmware has issues but this is getting just silly.

Why? Where do warranties not exist?
It's a hell of a lot easier for someone in my location to send their a/c into a service center in TX than it is for owners in other countries to find a repair center nearby, or return to China. Mine took 10 days. Some in other countries have waited months. So, some choose to sit and wait for a FW update that was "promised" to address their issues. An update that appears not to be coming.

Mavic Air owner, no issues to report.. everything working OK. Latest Firmware, 46 flights
Mavic Air owner. No issues on .0300 FW. Dozens of flights. Multiple issues on FW .0400. EVERY flight. Returned for replacement. Still awaiting promised updated FW. 131 days.

I had some issues related to Panoramic Photos. (Exposure Issues)

The support told me that they sent it to the support engineers to e corrected. But no solution yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute