DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

So, something is wrong in my case.
Hopefully someone can help.
How to update Remote controller firmware?
I tried via DJI Go 4 and there is no 'update' button.View attachment 107323
(pic is old - I know)

I have also tried via DJI Assistant 2 on PC but remote controller is not recognized, is charged instead.

Otherwise seems to working fine, on my phone everything is displayed correctly. Drone can start.
Should I factory reset remote controller, but don't know how? C1 + C2 + camera button doesn't work.

I really don't want to take any risk as I'm going for holiday within 2 weeks.

Any advice will be very appreciated. :)
I'm having the same problem my Asst on my computer will not recognize my SC so not sure what to do

From the release notes, what does the following mean? "Fixed issue: the obstacle avoidance switch was not available when using MSDK?

Thanks

PS: the only downside of updating to a new Firmware; updating ALL the batteries *emphasizing the plural*

PS #2: attached screen grabs of what it should look like after your updates are done (just for those who like pictures)

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-20 101733.png
    Annotation 2020-07-20 101733.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Annotation 2020-07-20 101753.png
    Annotation 2020-07-20 101753.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Annotation 2020-07-20 101754.png
    Annotation 2020-07-20 101754.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Yep, know what MSDK stands for but wanted to know what the entire sentence meant which I found elsewhere.

Now I want to know has anyone tried flying their baby in sport mode into a brick wall yet ?

I can confirm that the ATTI mode hack can still be performed after this update using DJI Assistant v1.1.2. ?

I’m interested in this myself. I don’t want to update until it’s confirmed that ATTI mode is not lost.
I did not here anything back from anyone so I gave it a try. I did a flight test after the upgrade and then performed the hack for ATTI mode and flew again. It still works - no problem.

Reactions: John S
Guys, I am not very technology minded. What is a firmware update please?

Should I do it for my Mavic Air, and someone said something about the batteries - I have 5 now. I bought 4 off a chap who flew his drone into the sea after 1 hour... 2 of the batteries were still in their cardboard boxes, unopened.

What do I have to do to get updated? Probably very basic questions for anyone who uses this stuff all the time.

Where there is a high WiFi congested area, is it a densely populated area, do you fly in such places? Then the question arises; why then the rules, or are they not for everyone?
Why are you trying to fight!!

Ya the smart Controller firmware is 1.0.700
Is everything working properly? I purchased a model recently and both the SC and the M2P updated. I rebooted everything and the camera wouldn't connect. After restarting several times it finally connected. After a short test flight everything disconnected about 30 feet from landing. I got feed up and returned the device for a replacement. At that point, I decided not to update either the SC or AC. Everything works as it should, except for the warning messages about firmware updates.

As I said in other posts, the situation of problems with SC connections with the new firmware updates seem to be commonly reported in this and in DJI forum discussions. Unless a never firmware version to correct this issue is released I'm reluctant to update anything.

Guys, I am not very technology minded. What is a firmware update please?

Should I do it for my Mavic Air, and someone said something about the batteries - I have 5 now. I bought 4 off a chap who flew his drone into the sea after 1 hour... 2 of the batteries were still in their cardboard boxes, unopened.

What do I have to do to get updated? Probably very basic questions for anyone who uses this stuff all the time.

Any chance of some help here please? What am I supposed to do?

Any chance of some help here please? What am I supposed to do?
If you power everything up as if you were going to fly, with your phone connected to WiFi as well as the controller as usual, then wait on the app main screen it will do a check to see if there are any updates required. If there are, you just have to agree to the update and it all happens automatically. Each time you put in a new battery allow time at the beginning for the Go4 app to check whether the update is needed. It is just a software update which may need to apply itself to the drone, the batteries, the RC or all of them. The alternative is to connect the drone to your PC and use the DJI Assistant 2 software and it will do the same process. There are YouTube guides for this.

Of course, because the Mavic Air is a couple of years old, it may be there are no updates required. Depends on the age of the batteries, drone and RC and when they were shipped by DJI. Its possible they were shipped with the latest updates. If you wait on the main app screen before pressing 'go fly' the app should confirm either way whether an update is required or whether it is up to date.

Last edited:
I see others have already done this, but I came here to confirm that the ATTI mode trick still works after the firmware upgrade. Remember that the upgrade resets user settings, so the switch will not work right away unless you have restored / activated the "Enable Multiple Flight Modes" setting.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom