DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update problem

Mavic200

Reactions
Hi I’m a new guy here so work with me guys.
I purchased a m2 zoom at Xmas only getting round to setting up now due to work commitments.
Having problems getting the firmware updated.
I have one of the new controllers and should be able to update from Controller via the DJI go 4 app.
Or the DJI mavic assistant on a computer.
Tried both with no luck.
The controller issue says it’s a network issue lost connection but I have over 75 meg fibre broadband with no issues on other equipment I’m running off my Wi-fi.
See attached pics of the controller trying to upgrade firmware!!
As for the other all I get is the dji screen cannot get any further.
Any ideas where I’m goin wrong??

Attachments

• 121778ED-6A1E-4933-8499-DBF4FD6A9D7F.jpeg
    121778ED-6A1E-4933-8499-DBF4FD6A9D7F.jpeg
    823.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 185A03A6-EACD-4243-B427-FC2197F35202.jpeg
    185A03A6-EACD-4243-B427-FC2197F35202.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 155EC073-A73A-4570-AA2A-1F56A7697AD0.jpeg
    155EC073-A73A-4570-AA2A-1F56A7697AD0.jpeg
    859.5 KB · Views: 57
You might want to try another cable. You have powered everything ON? And for others who may want more info - what type of computer and OS?

Hi thanks for the reply
Yeah I have already tried the cable change with no luck
Running a Dell computer with windows 10
Great computer with no issues.
The dji software doesn’t seem to handshake with the M2 zoom!!!
Have been trying to sort this now for several days thinking now about getting rid as it’s more bother than its worth!!!!

Hi there
Already done this when you start up the new controller it runs you through the whole pairing process.
But I did it again just to be sure.
New controller works great no issues.
Except cannot update firmware!!!!!
Absolute nightmare and DJI don’t give a toss!!!!They get you to spend thousands on their gear then their back up and support sucks!!!!

I had a similar issue when I got my M2Z. What i did is connect only my remote to my phone and went in the DJI GO4 app (all while keeping the drone OFF). Only then was I able to upgrade the remote firmware without having an issue.
After having upgraded the firmware of the remote successfully I then proceeded with upgrading the drone firmware through the DJI assistant (as I believe it is faster than doing it through the DJI GO4 app).

Let me know if this works...

Hi Alf thanks for taking the time to help really appreciate it.
Will try this later and let you know how I get on.
Cheers
Al.

Hi Alf
Just so you know I am using the new M2z controller.
So no phone needed.
DJI go 4 app is already installed in the controller and I was able to update the firmware on the controller quickly enough.
The drone is a different matter it just keeps saying network error.
My network and WiFi are fine as I have already tested this.
I paired the controller that came with M2z that’s the one that uses the phone and it says the firmware on both items are up to date but when the new controller is paired again it says on the top of the screen there is a new firmware available “update now” when I follow the on screen prompts it starts to download then I get the lost network sign on screen I reboot everything and try again but same thing.
That’s when I went to the DJI assistant to try it but I cannot get the M2z to connect I have tried different cables etc but no luck.
Total nightmare!!!!!
So I don’t think your suggestion will help but I appreciate your time.
Regards

Hi Alf
Check out my pics on the new controller problem I am having.
Regards

It’s very frustrating when this stuff dose t work, quick point, you don’t mention which version of Assistant 2 you are using.

There are two versions, only the one from the Mavic 2 support pages supports the aircraft and the SRC.

Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

I believe V2.0.6 is the current version, make sure you’re logged in too!

Also don’t connect your USB cables through a USB hub the Assistant software doesn’t like them.

Apologies if you have done all this but it’s not mentioned in the posts.

Updating AC through the app has been problematic for a good number of us.
As for Assistant, it can be finicky. There's several USB protocols it uses, depending on which Assistant function is being used, including network when downloading logs.

Perform basic device/driver troubleshooting, including checking event logs. When not using assistant and AC connected to PC, do you get the storage (8gb internal and SD card) to show up?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Hi Dan man 32
Thank you.
I was able to carry out the firmware updates on my Mavic 2 Zoom and my Mavic Air successfully last night.
The issue was my firewall was stopping the DJI software from installing on my laptop.
Unfortunately you need to disengage your security on your pc to let the DJI software do its thing.
I kept getting a message saying there was a harmful virus attached to the DJI software I was trying to install and my security firewall was stopping it.
Finally I had to take the chance and go for it.
I also stopped the driver signature enforcement as I am running windows 10.
This no doubt played its part.
Weather here pretty bad so won’t get to fly for a while.
Like to thank all who answered my questions and did what they could to help.
Very much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J