DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

I updated and flew 3 batteries yesterday with no issues other than precision land was off a bit but I had no calibrated anything before I flew it. Update had no issues via the dji go app. I did have to log in and it prompted me to update my NFZ database. I was on 700 before this.
Thanks for the feedback got a reply from DJI and they said to format the SD card and re-flash update worked like a charm! Great support from DJI.

Tried it yesterday. Video image on iPhone 6+ very bad and laggy. That is to say at a distance of only 150 m away, the image would freeze and then not update for 5 - 10 seconds. Horrible. This at any range. Was there a controller update too? I didn't seem to get it. iPhone was in Airplane mode.

Curiously, the video in the DJI Goggles was perfect and I did 2 take off to landing FPV flights with ranges exceeding VLOS for my spotter. Mild vertigo at times.

Flew the P4P in both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz with no issues. VLOS to 800+ m. (Against the sky hard to see, but against the distant and dark pine/spruce tree line the P4P was quite visible.
Interesting, I have a theory that most of the downlink problems are due to the DJI go app and the introduction of the Spark support in it, I downgraded to 4.0.7 and all my problems disappeared. Also using Litchi I see more signal stability. Maybe you want to try as well one of this two options.

I'm bummed! I had asked on the forum before updating and somewhere was told that the Mac DNG bug was fixed.
But it is not. I would not have upgraded yet otherwise.

The bug:
If you take raw photos on the mavic and then download to them a Mac, you wont see the raw images in Preview or by hitting the space bar in the finder.
They wont open in Apple Photos on iMac.
Can't use the raw in Affinity Photo on iPad.

They do open in Adobe software products on Mac.

Firmware prior to .08 worked fine.

Last edited:
Now the question is where the bug is: in the file or in Apples Software...
If DNG open fine in Adobe products I would suspect the latter, since DNG is an Adobe product...

Can I update goggles and keep drone on .400 firmware?

If you use Assistant2 and plug in the goggles you can update them and they will work with .400 on the Mav and RC.
The only problem is that they removed .700 from the list and while .800 and .900 do work with .400 there is one feature that does not work which is the left right head tracking.
Everything else works but for some reason that part got busted in the code.

So if your goggles are already on .700 I suggest you do not update them unless you have no intention of using the left and right head tracking feature.

Rob

Reactions: photoshoot
If you use Assistant2 and plug in the goggles you can update them and they will work with .400 on the Mav and RC.
The only problem is that they removed .700 from the list and while .800 and .900 do work with .400 there is one feature that does not work which is the left right head tracking.
Everything else works but for some reason that part got busted in the code.

So if your goggles are already on .700 I suggest you do not update them unless you have no intention of using the left and right head tracking feature.

Rob

What firmware version is on a new Goggles box? I have mine ordered but DJI have yet to ship, but I should be receiving in the next week or two max.

Does anyone know if any file viewer will open RAW files from firmware 900 in macOS

The first two attempts to update via GO 4 resulted in the update failing and the "try again" message.
The second time it failed the drone locked up and just sat there with the two central leds on the battery on, front red leds on and the rear light red. About every 20 secs the two central battery leds would go out and then come back on. No amount of button pushing would shut the drone down so in the end I unplugged the battery. The third attempt to update with my second battery went ok but the first battery seems to be bricked, the centre two leds do the 20 secs on 1 sec off and the button does nothing, won't charge and the drone won't fly it says "no battery communication" when I attempt to start the rotors. It will take pics and record video, no battery status though.
Any thoughts on how to reset the battery? TIA

hey guys
Just updating the firmware and it gets stuck at 77% even on the 2nd attempt, so frustrating.
I kept restarting the mavic and controller but still nothing. anyone else on the same boat?

Updated my DJI Mavic Pro to .0900 now I have issues with the DJI Mavic Pro where it will not go over 29 metres.
Checked the Maximum Flight Height which is set to 120 metres
not sure what is going on with the settings it was working fine with version: .0800
DJI GO App: version 4.0.8 using Apple iPad mini 4
Aircraft: 01.03.0900
Controller: 01.03.0900

Updated my DJI Mavic Pro to .0900 now I have issues with the DJI Mavic Pro where it will not go over 29 metres.
Checked the Maximum Flight Height which is set to 120 metres
not sure what is going on with the settings it was working fine with version: .0800
DJI GO App: version 4.0.8 using Apple iPad mini 4
Aircraft: 01.03.0900
Controller: 01.03.0900
If think you need to log into your DJI account, 900 works fine for me

Reactions: mkdive
I use Android 95% of the time. I do not see this problem. My flight apps, DJIGo4, Litchi, DroneDeploy and Hangar360 stay connected just fine. .900 is just fine as far as I am concerned :)
Might be unique to your Android mobile device and its configuration.

Nope it's not. Many Android users have the same problem. Only with DJI GO app, not with Litchi (in my case).
And it's a real pain because every time you fly, you wonder what will happen. :(

It is critical that BOTH the batteries are at 100% before attempting to update firmware, if it fails the usual causes are poor wifi signal from your internet connection (best to sit it close to wifi modem) or the Mavic battery dropping below 50%. Mine took two attempts to install the firmware and the second attempt saw the battery fall below 50% which then caused the update to fail and also resulted in the centre two leds on the battery fflashing on and off, the battery would not then communicate with anything.
A query to DJI about the battery and they advised to:
1/ Install Assistant on computer
2/ Install the offending battery in the Mavic
3/ connect Mavic directly to the computer with the USB cord.
even if the battery is less than 50% this will work, in my case the firmware in the battery updated connected as above and all is no working as it should.

It is critical that BOTH the batteries are at 100% before attempting to update firmware, if it fails the usual causes are poor wifi signal from your internet connection (best to sit it close to wifi modem) or the Mavic battery dropping below 50%. Mine took two attempts to install the firmware and the second attempt saw the battery fall below 50% which then caused the update to fail and also resulted in the centre two leds on the battery fflashing on and off, the battery would not then communicate with anything.
A query to DJI about the battery and they advised to:
1/ Install Assistant on computer
2/ Install the offending battery in the Mavic
3/ connect Mavic directly to the computer with the USB cord.
even if the battery is less than 50% this will work, in my case the firmware in the battery updated connected as above and all is no working as it should.

And that's exactly because I do that that I can say that the problem is not from there but from the fact they don't allow to domnload the Upgrade FW in local first and then, apply it, wich would "secure" the process.
Upgrading a FW is no small process. Nobody wants to add some potential connexion problems on top of that. When I say "nobody", it's not DJI who seems to know better of course. :(

My waypoints missions don't upload to my Mavic since the latest string of updates on both the drone and the app...

Reactions: mad_man
After updating to the latest firmware, I've been having signal issues and "magnetic interference" in the same flight path where on the older updates, I had no issue.

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Reactions: Mavic 57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa