DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware updating often?!

Matt8900

Reactions
OK so yesterday I took out my Mavic 2 Zoom, as I was setting up the drone I encountered a firmware update, the firmware was 01.00.0510.
I could have sworn this was what my current firmware was to begin with but could not be too sure. Even though I had flown it a few days prior.
I checked afterwards to see if any new firmware had been released and obviously didn't find anything.
So I thought nothing of it.

I just 30 minutes ago booted up the drone indoors to check over some camera settings, and try and get some settings correct for my next flight, and when I booted up, I was once again greeted with the firmware update screen. Once again the firmware was 01.00.0510, the same as the previous day.

Is there any reason why this is happening? It seems to be either forgetting its current firmware or somehow not saving/resiting its firmware?

Anyone else encountered this?

Are you sure it's not the batteries? After you update the firmware in the aircraft, it will update the batteries each time you put one in that has yet to be updated. So if you have 4 batteries, you can see this message at least 3 times more after updating the aircraft.

(Not all firmware updates have battery updates in them, but some do.)

Are you sure it's not the batteries? After you update the firmware in the aircraft, it will update the batteries each time you put one in that has yet to be updated. So if you have 4 batteries, you can see this message at least 3 times more after updating the aircraft.

(Not all firmware updates have battery updates in them, but some do.)

Oh dude you are probably right! I got the fly more combo recently and I have been alternating the use of the batteries to give them all a bit of flight time. I clearly hadn't used these two before.

Problem solved! Cheers!

all you need to do is with everything connected up as if you were going to fly and props removed for safety is go in the settings and select about
this will tell you what firmware you are on and if you press firmware it will check for updates if there is one it will ask you to update

Plus YOU DO NOT!! have to do the upgrade. Do it later or if you're not into change do not upgrade it at all. I think some people get scared and think if they don't do it they can't fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections