DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

Hi all, just received the same email from LITCHI. luckily I didn't upgrade yet the firmware of my Mavic.

Does the immersive head tracking support Google Daydream?

I'm a Litchi tester and i received today the following email.
(Be carefull with the last update because perhaps litchi is not the only one to be affected)

"
Dear Litchi Pilots,
There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
The Litchi Team
"

I just got a similar email from Autopilot (Hangar) confirming what we already know - that the .05 update doesn't work with Autopilot.

Clearly DJI modified the SDK in the new update. Why would you do that without letting 3rd parties know and test first?

DJI's weak point is software development. They try but it's hard for them still. I can imagine the pace and pressure is quite high there. But that doesn't excuse bugs like this from getting out and affecting thousands of users.

DJI's weak point is software development. They try but it's hard for them still. I can imagine the pace and pressure is quite high there. But that doesn't excuse bugs like this from getting out and affecting thousands of users.

when I worked for them, there was project completion dates that got met regardless whether the product was ready to be published or not. Quality is not a top priority for dji.

As this is a SDK problem, are the equivalent flight modes also affected in DJI Go 4? There is no information from DJI...

Found some more options for the custom keys, one I need and its there is to change right thumb wheel between Shutter and ISO in manual exposure..... BUT I cant get it to work, pops up on the screen to tell be about the function but still the shutter speed stays blue and ISO white.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The C1 & C2 options ARE different! The button on the underside on the LEFT can be set to switch the right wheel between ISO & shutter speed. I tried it and it works. Odd tho that they would place that control on the side opposite the wheel! Hope this helped!

This came from FPV this morning. Seems they are claiming that it's not an SDK problem so much as a change to the SDK.

Some users reported recently other DJI SDK apps behaving erratically on the latest DJI firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). They expressed concerns whether FPV Camera is also affected by the latest DJI firmware issue. We are pleased to assure that FPV Camera is SAFE TO FLY with ALL flight modes (including Mission Planner, FPV Goggles, Camera & 3D Model) on the latest DJI firmware. FPV Camera is probably the most reliable and safest SDK app on the market. Happy flying!

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Maybe the gimbal calibration will fix the annoying horizon issues when yawing...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Hi MP83,
I've downloaded the new firmware and everything works just fine and it has solved the horizon issue through gimbal.....or maybe I was needing to calibrate earlier.
However the main thing, no apparent bugs all OK
Regards
Hunter.

Has anyone noticed the cinematic settings yet?
I've never seen them before.
Wonder what they do.

I noticed. They used to be be in alpha numeric order of some sort and now they are just random names. I guess they are color adjustments for video and possible photos.

So the upgrade was successful. First thing to note, all settings are wiped, including battery and RTH settings. Setting my drone back up.

This I don't get.... why have they not built in user presets so we don't have to keep checking all the settings.... to have camera presets would be brilliant... all my cameras have them...

This morning I tried to fly my MAVIC still with the old firmware but it was impossible to connect the controller to my smartphone (Samsung S6 Edge+).
Tried several combinations of turning ON first the MAVIC then the controller and reverse.
This problem was the same for DJI GO 4 and LITCHI.
So now I'm updating for the new firmware to see if anything changes.

Reactions: Sau
I started my update and after 90 min. it slowly progressed up to 99% of loading the program. This is where it stalled for more than 30 min and then RC low batt alarm sounded. I hit the back arrow and it says "Updating firmware. Please wait." I shut off the app and haven't tried flying since then. Should I uninstall Dji go4 and reinstall? Advice?

Restarting completes the update, this isn't automated on this update... try firing it all up again and you will see for yourself...

Reactions: EsiMavic
This morning I tried to fly my MAVIC still with the old firmware but it was impossible to connect the controller to my smartphone (Samsung S6 Edge+).
Tried several combinations of turning ON first the MAVIC then the controller and reverse.
This problem was the same for DJI GO 4 and LITCHI.
So now I'm updating for the new firmware to see if anything changes.

Since you are running Android and use dji go, and litchi, aren't you running one of the apps in the background?
When you connect the smartphone, are you always beeing prompted to choose wich of the applications you want to run?

This is not the case where upgrading the system you can solve the problem.

I updated last week from 1.03.03 on the aircraft and 1.03.02 on the controller (that's what mine came with). In about 10 tries I couldn't get the download to finish because my iPad Mini 2 kept losing its Wi-Fi connection. My iPhone was sitting next to me and it was losing its connection at the same time.

I turned off Wi-Fi on the iPad so it could use cellular data and the download took about a minute.

At the time I thought I was having a problem with my router, but there hasn't been another Wi-Fi interruption in the last week. I now believe the problem was that both the controller and Mavic were between me and the router. I think next time I'll try putting the aircraft across the room and face the other direction to see if that makes a difference. If not I'll just always figure on using cellular data. I have way more than I can use on my plan anyway.

Other people having trouble getting downloads to complete might try this.

I take screenshots now of the ones I use . Not camera settings but of all the rest that I have changed to get it to
fly like I like.
Now THAT'S the plan for me from this point on - I'm SICK & TIRED of reset all over again!
Thanks for the idea - shoulda been a no brainer really right
.............doh

Reactions: dirkclod
Since you are running Android and use dji go, and litchi, aren't you running one of the apps in the background?
When you connect the smartphone, are you always beeing prompted to choose wich of the applications you want to run?

This is not the case where upgrading the system you can solve the problem.
Thank you for your remark but no. each time I chose GO 4 or LITCHI and I saw if the other App was not running.

Any way I've already updated to the new firmware and it seems to be all OK. At least the connection with the smartphone. Tomorow I will try to fly the MAVIC and see...

Thank you for your remark but no. each time I chose GO 4 or LITCHI and I saw if the other App was not running.

Any way I've already updated to the new firmware and it seems to be all OK. At least the connection with the smartphone. Tomorow I will try to fly the MAVIC and see...
Glad to hear it. Have a nice flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan