DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

My Mavic shipped with .300 from the factory and on my maps I had big red circles around airports, a dark red one for the inner NFZ and a lighter red one for the outer NFZ. I noticed when I upgrade to .400 these circles in the map were gone. On .500 these are back. This is probably in conjunction with the recent update to the IOS app. Anyway my house is quite near one. I get messages when I take off in the backyard that I am approaching one. It seems to be behaving accurately in terms of these NFZ's. Haven't been for a proper flight yet so I have no other observations to report.

My Mavic shipped with .300 from the factory and on my maps I had big red circles around airports, a dark red one for the inner NFZ and a lighter red one for the outer NFZ. I noticed when I upgrade to .400 these circles in the map were gone. On .500 these are back. This is probably in conjunction with the recent update to the IOS app. Anyway my house is quite near one. I get messages when I take off in the backyard that I am approaching one. It seems to be behaving accurately in terms of these NFZ's. Haven't been for a proper flight yet so I have no other observations to report.

Try turning off (disabling) Geofence in the app while you are connected to the Mavic. It's enabled by default in new Mavics. If you had previously turned it off, it's probably re enabled with this FW update. There are 2 different kinds of NFZ's for DJI quads starting with the Phantom 3.

Does that make a difference?

Try turning off (disabling) Geofence in the app while you are connected to the Mavic. It's enabled by default in new Mavics. If you had previously turned it off, it's probably re enabled with this FW update. There are 2 different kinds of NFZ's for DJI quads starting with the Phantom 3.

Does that make a difference?

I'm fine with it. Shouldn't be flying in these areas anyway. Some people had pointed out that even though they were not near these areas, they were receiving similar messages. I was pointing out that as far as my experience goes, the NFZ feature is behaving as expected. I believe this is a good thing. Should keep people out of trouble.

It looks like the option to disable the GEO System has disappeared in the new iOS version. Or did it move somewhere else?

After upgrading to Firmware v01.03.0500 and DJI GO app to 4.0.5 (iOS), I did an IMU calibration, a gimbal calibration,
a compass calibration and then a short test flight. Everything went well.

Next, I downloaded the .DAT file from that flight in DJI Assistant and then loaded it into CsvView, (thanks BudWalker),
hoping to compare the compass results of MagZ Front and MagZ Back during a short stint in Sport Mode.
I had checked this before with the previous Mavic Firmware version.

However, this time while the flight contained appropriate data from most all of the parameters,
data from the MagX, Y and Z both Front and Back parameters were completely empty, just "0" the entire flight.
While the combined compass Mag X, Y and Z parameters did have substantial data,
there was nothing shown for the individual Front and Back Mag X, Y and Z parameters.

Is this just a flight anomaly, my DAT loading error or is there an issue with a change in the new firmware?
The record structure of the .DAT has changed with Firmware v01.03.0500. I've sorta figured it out. I should have a new version of CsvView/DatCon in a day or two that can extract the Front and Back compass data.

Does this upgrade change any custom settings we had on the Mavic such as RTH altitude, gimbal tilt & speed settings, etc.?

Just did FW update, gimbal calibration still stalls at 77% than times out. Let me know how you make out. I attempted several time but it just timed out.

Well, 4.0.5 didn't change anything... but, at 77% the gimbal is facing to right all the way (if you are facing the mavic) and if I give it a thump back to the left it will finish calibration. Redneck engineering at its best, lol.

Interestingly enough, it seems to move farther on startup calibration than it did before, my PolarPro Cinema filters will no longer let it initialize. I have to put them on after startup.

I'm heading on some travel over the next two weeks so I'm going to wait to send it back for eval after I get back. Picture & Video quality are stellar so I'm happy to work around the others bits for a time.

Reactions: G284L
Found some more options for the custom keys, one I need and its there is to change right thumb wheel between Shutter and ISO in manual exposure..... BUT I cant get it to work, pops up on the screen to tell be about the function but still the shutter speed stays blue and ISO white.

Same for me... Impossible to select the Manual mode... Is the cause from firmware 1.03.0500 or DJI GO 4.0.5?

"Big Bang!" Deployments are risky, in case the new version has some big new flaw. They probably won't release to iOS users until they feel confident about it. I would guess that iOS is their biggest user group.

I'm using IOS and I got the new firmware. In fact it would not allow me to do anything until I upgraded. Haven't tried any great amount flying yet as it's winter here and big storm today and **** cold.

Interestingly enough, it seems to move farther on startup calibration than it did before, my PolarPro Cinema filters will no longer let it initialize. I have to put them on after startup..

It still initializes fine with Taco RC filters installed.

Reactions: Peel
My RTH height was reset after the update along with obstacle avoidance settings. The No Fly Zone that I'm in indicates "Nuclear Power Zone". There's no nuclear power plants here. Lol

I'll have to wait to fly it though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think they know something you dont

Reactions: macinfosys
Hello guys. I'm a newbie here. I have a question for you guys. I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and went out for a flight. notice that the drone is making less noise when is up in the air, but the most significant thing is that it seems to be very slow, almost like tripod mode slow. I have tried to use dji go, dji go 4, sport mode and even litchi. but is still the same. it worries me. i have also notice that i cant choose the 4k resolution using dji apps anymore. is this happening to any one out there???????

Hello guys. I'm a newbie here. I have a question for you guys. I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and went out for a flight. notice that the drone is making less noise when is up in the air, but the most significant thing is that it seems to be very slow, almost like tripod mode slow. I have tried to use dji go, dji go 4, sport mode and even litchi. but is still the same. it worries me. i have also notice that i cant choose the 4k resolution using dji apps anymore. is this happening to any one out there???????

Use DJI assistant and reset to factory defaults.

I had a breakthrough like many of us I was upgrading to the new version 0.500 my remote would upgrade but my craft would pause at 47% and then my craft would recycle on off on its own and try to continue then an error pops up failure to update this error restart equipment and try again (reason: 0x64080103). This was my solution after many attempts to correct this error. My last attempt was to take my craft outside where you can get a satellite signal Eureka now she’s updating I hope you find this useful and works for you. (I also did not update NFZ). I have not been able to take a full flight, very cold

Reactions: Mr Spock
just did the factory default reset and still the same

Ok, well next step is you can downgrade the firmware to a previous version. Fly on the previous version and see if its working fine, and if it is then upgrade and try again.?

Ok, let me charge my battery on the drone and controller since it will not let me do it if its below 50 %. i will keep you guys updated. thanks for the help

Has anyone having trouble downloading IOS version 4.05?
My IPad mini 4 seems that do not want to receive it...

Reactions: George2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J