DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

WHAT IS TH NFZ MANAGEMENT......? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.........? THAT TELLS ME SQUAT
WELCOME TO THE FORUM JEFF :)
I'm curious. I see on this board often that firmware or App upgrades reset people's custom settings. I have not had that experience. I just upgraded the IOS app to 4.0.5 and the firmware to .05 and all of my custom settings were retained. Anyone else see the same behavior?
It changed imperial back to default as well as my expo settings back to default on mine
Other than that I have burned 8 battery's with both and flys
great. Still learning the new Editer but like it . Do wish it
would let you use your own music though.

Reactions: Fplvert
Does the switch to enable/disable the "GEO System" still exist in General Settings after the firmware and Go 4 updates? There have been several comments in this thread that make that unclear.

That option only appears in the app while it's connected to the Mavic. It does not need a GPS lock so you can check it indoors.

IMG_1196.JPG

Reactions: M4RK
Does the switch to enable/disable the "GEO System" still exist in General Settings after the firmware and Go 4 updates? There have been several comments in this thread that make that unclear.

That option only appears in the app while it's connected to the Mavic. It does not need a GPS lock so you can check it indoors.

View attachment 7806
yes, it is still there...

Reactions: Dadcat
I'm curious. I see on this board often that firmware or App upgrades reset people's custom settings. I have not had that experience. I just upgraded the IOS app to 4.0.5 and the firmware to .05 and all of my custom settings were retained. Anyone else see the same behavior?
For me with the Mavic every update has reset all aircraft-related settings. Not the remote/app/camera ones though.

After upgrading to Firmware v01.03.0500 and DJI GO app to 4.0.5 (iOS), I did an IMU calibration, a gimbal calibration,
a compass calibration and then a short test flight. Everything went well.

Next, I downloaded the .DAT file from that flight in DJI Assistant and then loaded it into CsvView, (thanks BudWalker),
hoping to compare the compass results of MagZ Front and MagZ Back during a short stint in Sport Mode.
I had checked this before with the previous Mavic Firmware version.

However, this time while the flight contained appropriate data from most all of the parameters,
data from the MagX, Y and Z both Front and Back parameters were completely empty, just "0" the entire flight.
While the combined compass Mag X, Y and Z parameters did have substantial data,
there was nothing shown for the individual Front and Back Mag X, Y and Z parameters.

Is this just a flight anomaly, my DAT loading error or is there an issue with a change in the new firmware?
There is a new CsvView (version 1.0.6) available that works with .DAT files generated by Firmware v01.03.0500. It also has limited support for Inspire 2 and Matrice M600. Version 1.0.6 is labelled as a Beta because it was an unanticipated release. To obtain this version 1.0.6 go here.

I turned off my Mavic's downward facing sensors since I was going to fly over water. The craft drifted and would not maintain altitude and

This one seems to have a battery update associated with it. At least two of my three batteries asked for an update. How about others?
This firmware has no battery update so maybe some of your packs needed to be updated from a previous firmware.

Is anyone having the issue updating the actual Go4 app on android? Mine says it needs an update, I hit update, and it sits at 0% until the app crashes.

For me with the Mavic every update has reset all aircraft-related settings. Not the remote/app/camera ones though.
You're perfectly correct. Every time I update I lose ALL my settings & have to go through the whole menu to reset - VERY frustrating!
It may be that I am using Android? Dunno if that is the reason..............anyone???

You're perfectly correct. Every time I update I lose ALL my settings & have to go through the whole menu to reset - VERY frustrating!
It may be that I am using Android? Dunno if that is the reason..............anyone???
I see the same on iOS iPad mini 4. Not sure if all are reset, but enough to warrant a full review. I wish there was a way to save these offline, or better yet, to create settings profiles. That would be handy, especially with regard to camera settings.

Reactions: haz
My update experience was weird...

FYI I am on iPhone 7 Plus with DJI Go 4 App

I press the on the update firmware, it takes me to the update screen where you see the 0-100% loading bar, then about 10 seconds later, it goes back to the homescreen with the mavic picture and tap to fly button. I turn the mavic off and restart the app. Run the update again and it goes to 100% in 30 seconds. Fastest update of my life.

So then I put in battery #2 and see if it asks for a battery update. it says firmware inconsistent...so I slide to update and it does what I bolded and underlined above.

It did this to all 3 batteries..

Anyone else had a similar problem? My other updates were perfectly fine.

Thanks for the new(er) version 1.0.6 of CsvView, BudWalker- I'll be looking for the Mac version when it arrives.

Thanks for the new(er) version 1.0.6 of CsvView, BudWalker- I'll be looking for the Mac version when it arrives.
Thanks for reminding me. The Mac version is available now. Would you please try it and let me know if it works? I don't have a Mac and can't test it.

BudWalker- CsvView v1.0.6 for the Mac works fine. Nice job!
I was able to see MagZ Front and MagZ Back as before in previous versions.
One thing I wasn't sure about is the Single-Multi Y Axis button at the top.
It used to allow the two colored compass signal lines to display as either as being overlaid,
(harder to distinguish individually), or two separate signal paths separated by a small vertical distance for clarity.
When I alternated from Single to Multi Y Axis in this version, both paths always remained overlaid, and simply changed color.
I also like the added GPS Health parameter. (At least I just noticed it now).

One question if I may- looking at the attached clipboard paste of my MagZ Front and Back values from a recent flight of mine,
I'm thinking I have the untwisted wires near the rear compass, but not sure since the build date is 11/26/16,
which is close to when DJI started twisting the rear motor wires.
Does it appear to you from the compass differences shown in the chart that those wires are likely untwisted?

Attachments

• MagZ Front-Back.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 10
I wish there was a way to save these offline, or better yet, to create settings profiles. That would be handy, especially with regard to camera settings.
I take screenshots now of the ones I use . Not camera settings but of all the rest that I have changed to get it to
fly like I like.

Reactions: Palliz
BudWalker- CsvView v1.0.6 for the Mac works fine. Nice job!
I was able to see MagZ Front and MagZ Back as before in previous versions.
One thing I wasn't sure about is the Single-Multi Y Axis button at the top.
It used to allow the two colored compass signal lines to display as either as being overlaid,
(harder to distinguish individually), or two separate signal paths separated by a small vertical distance for clarity.
When I alternated from Single to Multi Y Axis in this version, both paths always remained overlaid, and simply changed color.
I also like the added GPS Health parameter. (At least I just noticed it now).

One question if I may- looking at the attached clipboard paste of my MagZ Front and Back values from a recent flight of mine,
I'm thinking I have the untwisted wires near the rear compass, but not sure since the build date is 11/26/16,
which is close to when DJI started twisting the rear motor wires.
Does it appear to you from the compass differences shown in the chart that those wires are likely untwisted?

The Single/Multi Axis function hasn't changed. What you're seeing is a result of the data having changed post Firmware v01.03.0500. With pre Firmware v01.03.0500 the scales of magFront, magBack, and mag were all different. But, post Firmware v01.03.0500 the scales of magFront, magBack, and mag are the same so they will display overlaid on top of each other. More so if you select Single Axis. If you want to see them individually create an individual SigPlayer for each of the three.

Hard to say if your wires are twisted. I can't really tell from the plot presented. Displaying them in individual plots would help. Also, my Mavic's wires weren't twisted but the noise wasn't that bad - I never had an incident. But, I just looked at an incident where the noise is pretty bad but I think it was manufactured after the batch with untwisted wires. Have you had a problem?

A Mac question if I may. I see you used the Copy to System Clipboard. After that I can do a ctrl-V here in a post and the image is pasted here without further ado. That's why I implemented that feature. Does this not work on a Mac?

Is anyone having the issue updating the actual Go4 app on android? Mine says it needs an update, I hit update, and it sits at 0% until the app crashes.

If you have the android version 7(Nougat) installed, then don't bother attempting too install the GO4 app as it wont work. Several of us have had to root our device and then rollback to android 6 (Marshmallow).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast