DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.04.0400? Issues?

How has your experience been with the latest version of firmware 1.04.0400?

• I have updated and had no problems with the install or operation afterwards.

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • I have updated and had some problems with the install but got it working afterwards.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install but my Mavic still works.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install and my Mavic doesnt work now..

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Just came in from burning 2 batteries and it did seem to want to drift just a little last nite when I updated and tried in front yard .
Did a IMU cal and compass cal and was a champ today . Did one battery just trying different things I use then took a short 2 mile hop out and RTM back and was fine.
App no issue so got away like a thief again this time as I always have . Ya got to remember I fly where there is no noise so nothing to
hender me .View attachment 41575View attachment 41575

What is RTM? maybe typo for RTH but maybe a new term for me to learn. I appreciate your experience and comments.

Reactions: dirkclod
What is RTM? maybe typo for RTH but maybe a new term for me to learn. I appreciate your experience and comments.
Typo ..RTH :(
Hey maybe Return To Me .:)

Ron_Dog. I updated one of my MPs and it flew with no problems. Updated the next with the same results. Thanks

Update. Just read some of the later notes where disconnects started after several flights. I only flew a couple, so I guess I should try some more after the weather clears.

What's the best firmware for me to use for trying to deal with a drunken gimbal?

I've been through all four of them, but couldn't really tell much of a difference.

My Smartphone is a Galaxy A7. The download started at 0% - and stayed there. The downloader had told me to use wireless to download because of the size (122MB), meaning the expense. This failed a few times. So I turned of the wireless and immediately got a perfect download and install. No problems since. My only fear is of legal problems regarding allowable height maximum.

Ok I bit the bullet and updated everything last night after having the courage "mysteriously" show up after 3 beers. Hmm...
Fired up the mavic and then connected to my New surface pro and then launched DJI Assist 2 program and updated the firmware to the latest version. Didn't touch the controller
Went outside and tested it. No issues.
Came back inside and then connected the controller to the mavic Inside my room (BUT DON'T LIFT OFF lol) and then connected the controller via USB cable to the Surface pro and then launched DJI Assist 2 again and updated the controller. Went outside and tested it. All seems OK.. It was dark and all I could do was hover around nearby.. I'm about to have the Real Test but I'm sure it's good... I'll post an update in a couple of hours ..

Update. All is good No issues

Last edited:
Update. Just read some of the later notes where disconnects started after several flights. I only flew a couple, so I guess I should try some more after the weather clears.
Ron_Dog. I have updated both MPs and several flights with no issues. Thanks!
Of course, now I will be selling one of them for the MP2 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa