DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.04.0400? Issues?

How has your experience been with the latest version of firmware 1.04.0400?

• I have updated and had no problems with the install or operation afterwards.

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • I have updated and had some problems with the install but got it working afterwards.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install but my Mavic still works.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install and my Mavic doesnt work now..

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
How has your experience been with the new firmware update 01.04.0400 released July 4, 2018? Is anyone currently having problems, or had problems with it? This firmware will not allow you to roll back to a previous version once you attempt and/or complete the update.

Please feel free to share your update experience.

Last edited:
My experience has been positive so far. I haven't seen the gimbal issues that a few people mentioned earlier today.

Not a regular flyer...everytime I feel like flying I have a new upgrade......grrrr.....makes me mad !
Anyway just installed latest firmware....had several attempts, stuck on 99% last time but found it had installed so went flying. Normal sunny day....very overexposed video......next flight I started to get the video/photo settings to what I thought I needed.....when hovering in garden the shutter speed fluctuated between 1/50 and 1/4000 and my attempts to use the wheel to alter seemed out of control
WTF !
Anyone else having similar problems ?
Cheers

Reactions: Former Member
Updated both App and Firmware last nite and went right through no issues doing it wifi but have yet to fly which is cloudy now but will try and fly today if possible .
IMG_1366.jpg Whoop ..there it is

Tried to update it numerous times, but each time my mavic atomically restarted causing my update to fail.

I'm not quite sure it was the updates fault, before I tried the update my camera would not be able to get a live video signal and when it did it was lagging, pixelated, and eventually cut out and lost signal. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. My connection with the rc and drone is fine.

Just came in from burning 2 batteries and it did seem to want to drift just a little last nite when I updated and tried in front yard .
Did a IMU cal and compass cal and was a champ today . Did one battery just trying different things I use then took a short 2 mile hop out and RTM back and was fine.
App no issue so got away like a thief again this time as I always have . Ya got to remember I fly where there is no noise so nothing to
hender me .0ROJYyg.png0ROJYyg.png

When I tried to update Pro with DJI Asst2 on my computer - the computer want to think the quadcopter is a internet LAN connection and kick my wi-fi off and therefore no download. I now know that I have to connect my PRO to the computer first before opening the Asst2 and then I can get a download started with out it thinking the PRO is a LAN connection - I got the controller upgraded but so far only could get 7% of PRO downloaded - didn’t want to cook the machine so I stopped download and will try later when it cools down - I did go outside where it was cooler - Montana mountains - and flew it and all went well - did not tell me I need a download so not sure where I stand - also my I-phone like to disconnect or not connect to the PRO - is that purely a wi-fi connect or does it go through the controller -

Last edited:
DJI Assistant 2 still offers downgrade to previous version. Talk on DJI forum is that a few have updated and then rolled back to previous version. If you look back, it has been saying that once you update you can't roll back for the last 3 or 4 updates but I see where several pilots rollback after having problems.

Via computer with ethernet connection (MP and Controller done separately), download, transmitting and updating of both MP and Controller went without incident... Re-calibated Gimbal, IMU and Compass... Test flight flawless..

Finally got the Mavic Pro Platinum upgraded - Assistant 2 did the Controller easy - would not upgrade PRO - so when I started it up - up came the new software upgrade required message - I used my phone and it took a couple of attempts but finally downloaded to phone and then after several attempts uploaded to Mavic. Way too slow and even though the Mavic fan was on and 70 degrees I was worried about overheating - took it out to fly after letting everything cool and all was good - rock steady - I did do a compass recalculate but nothing else - I found out the plug wire from controller to phone - that always seemed to cause some sort of disconnect from phone to Mavic the slide used on controller for phone plug was backwards causing the phone plug not to fully engage the phone no matter if you thought it was seated. I reversed that and phone plug now seats properly so I hope that problem disappears. Now if I don’t have those bad Controller to Mavic disconnects all will be well in Montana. Thanks to all for help along the way!

There was a little waggle during hover that wasn't there before. Accomplished an IMU and Compass calibration and an hour's worth of flight time at the local hobby park produced nothing exciting.

mine still shows updates required. the about screen shows version 01.04.0400 and next to it updates available. DJI told me its because my phone (samsung neo) is incompatible,which does not sound credible.

Reactions: Ianpog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+