DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.04.0400? Issues?

How has your experience been with the latest version of firmware 1.04.0400?

• I have updated and had no problems with the install or operation afterwards.

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • I have updated and had some problems with the install but got it working afterwards.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install but my Mavic still works.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install and my Mavic doesnt work now..

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
I have done 1flight since upgrading, everything normal and working well except it seemed that the drone didn’t hover as steady as it used to...

Reactions: ssvdh66
@msinger what do you think about this signal loss anomaly? I know it's a Mavic Air vs. my Mavic Pro.
He's describing an issue with the downlink. Perhaps the flight log will reveal what happened.

EVERYONE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS FIRMWARE UPGRADE!!!

I almost lost my Mavic Pro while ocean fishing on a boat. Just like above, I lost control of my Mavic and it flew back to home. It started to land! But the signal was re-established and I safely landed.

Almost lost my Mavic while ocean fishing

Do you still think it was the firmware that caused your lack of signal?

I have experienced three software crashes when flying my Mavic Pro with the original goggles, all updated to this new firmware.

First crash was during the first flight after updating all components.
In about 200m distance within line of sight the image got some kind of partly frozen, Parts of the image got updated extremely slow, leading to horizontal stripes as a mixture of old and newer images. I had to shutdown and restart the goggles to get normal function back.
Later I have seen that the GO4 app image on my phone was frozen, too. Maybe it happened at the same time.

Second crash was two flights later, at maybe 100m distance.
Suddenly the image went black as if the goggles would have lost power. But they were still running, the power LEDs were on. Again I had to shutdown and restart the goggles.

The third problem was again some flights later and at a distance of less than 10m. The image got frozen.

Have not seen such massive problems with previous firmware versions.

The Mavic control link was not affected in all three cases.

Had some very odd problems with my Mavic Air this evening. I was out in a fairly rural location and turned everything on, no issues, took off and flew out over the river around 90metres from where I was standing and got Signal Lost. I could see the drone right in front of me. I waited thinking the signal would recover but it didn't.
I tried ascending as I still appeared to have some control and it went up and just hovered, until it eventually seemed to respond to RTH and flew back overhead. I cancelled RTH- took it out again and immediately lost signal again. The Firmware update notice then appeared on screen- it had not previous to taking off.
I checked antennas were all fully connected and handset- all good, so RTH and landed manually. Checked the aerials were both extended on drone- I was sure they were but you never know.All good- took off again and flew 120 degrees from the previous course. Lost signal again at about 60metres. Returned. Checked wifi, almost no signals in the area and no interference reported.
Couldn't figure out issue but had lots of battery life so wondered if maybe app had updated and was now incompatible in some way with aircraft f/w. Risky I know but opted to do the f/w update there and then. Only seemed to take 5 mins tops. Reset everything, now reporting all up to date again, took off and more Signal Loss.
Not sure whats going on. Going to take the drone up the field in the morning here where I know I get no issues usually and see if it still has a problem or if its something localised to where I was flying. I also saw a video tonight on You Tube saying the correct app version is 4.2.22 but mines is 4.2.20 and I see no updates in the Google Play store and the app says up to date. First serious app/control issues I have had since I got the drone.
Just to update. I did a full refresh of MA and R/C firmware on Saturday morning. I notice that DJI Assistant stated the firmware on the R/C was at the default version which is odd because I know I had previously updated it to the latest version ( it was actually released before I even bought the drone and I did full updates when they were new.
Anyway took it out to a location that's usually OK and though it was hellish windy, flew it out 300metres and all around with no issues and rock solid signal. I can only assume the issue on Friday was some localised interference issue. Seems OK now at least here.

Reactions: BearMan54
Had some very odd problems with my Mavic Air this evening. I was out in a fairly rural location and turned everything on, no issues, took off and flew out over the river around 90metres from where I was standing and got Signal Lost. I could see the drone right in front of me. I waited thinking the signal would recover but it didn't.
I tried ascending as I still appeared to have some control and it went up and just hovered, until it eventually seemed to respond to RTH and flew back overhead. I cancelled RTH- took it out again and immediately lost signal again. The Firmware update notice then appeared on screen- it had not previous to taking off.
I checked antennas were all fully connected and handset- all good, so RTH and landed manually. Checked the aerials were both extended on drone- I was sure they were but you never know.All good- took off again and flew 120 degrees from the previous course. Lost signal again at about 60metres. Returned. Checked wifi, almost no signals in the area and no interference reported.
Couldn't figure out issue but had lots of battery life so wondered if maybe app had updated and was now incompatible in some way with aircraft f/w. Risky I know but opted to do the f/w update there and then. Only seemed to take 5 mins tops. Reset everything, now reporting all up to date again, took off and more Signal Loss.
Not sure whats going on. Going to take the drone up the field in the morning here where I know I get no issues usually and see if it still has a problem or if its something localised to where I was flying. I also saw a video tonight on You Tube saying the correct app version is 4.2.22 but mines is 4.2.20 and I see no updates in the Google Play store and the app says up to date. First serious app/control issues I have had since I got the drone.

I had this occur too. Everything went perfect for about 2 or 3 mins, then a disconnect message and complete loss of signal and control. Luckily the RTH function worked properly and it came back. Haven't had the opportunity to take it out again since but I'll certainly be only doing it in a controlled environment.

Ive had my mavic for about 7 months now and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

My videos are whited out. Thought it would stop pixelating it did but now everything milky. Will test again tomorrow.
Mine did the same. I adjusted the balance and which controls light and it helps. Will test again tomorrow

This is how my MP and its camera start up now:

View attachment 41679
Mine did that 2. I turned the wheel on the right hand side of controller and it is set to camera and it adjusted the light back. Hope this helps. I had a heck of a time figuring this out. Over exposure is the deal and you can find that in your controller and I have the wheel set on one side to camera and the other side to gimbel up and down. More tomorrow as I am up late right now . Good night

I have had issues with the gimbal twice. While in flight and recording video, the gimbal appears to
recalibrate. This will last about 5 seconds then clear up

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I had this occur too. Everything went perfect for about 2 or 3 mins, then a disconnect message and complete loss of signal and control. Luckily the RTH function worked properly and it came back. Haven't had the opportunity to take it out again since but I'll certainly be only doing it in a controlled environment.

Ive had my mavic for about 7 months now and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
I just thought I'd provide an update on this.

My DJI go 4 app (andorid) seemed to unpack something when i first started it up this afternoon. I assume my app had updated to a new version.

I checked everything on startup, and did a few tests. Everything went well.

I didnt end up taking it far from me though (max 100m high, 150m lineal), so there could still be a bug lurking. I'll hopefully get the chance to give it a good run tomorrow.

I can’t get the 01.03.0400 to download it keeps pausing after reading this thread maybe I won’t update it.

Updated on July 19th with a Google Pixel XL. Used about 25% of the Mav battery, 30% of the controller and 15% of the phone. Took aprrox 25 minutes.. No issues. Recalibrated IMU and compass to be safe although didn't get indication to do so. Flew two small test flights of no more than 50 ft alt and 200 ft range and behaved OK. Longer and higher test flights to come but so far no issues.

I’ve finally got time to update my mavic pro but I’ve notice an issue. After update I calibrated the imu and compass, all went well. But when I flew it about 5 foot off the ground and go forward it it eventually starts going down towards the ground and when I stops it just hovers there and not recover back to 5 foot off the ground. I have redone the Imu and compass a few times. Still the same outcome. I have not built up confidence yet to fly high with the new firmware, I have flown it for 5+ hrs already. Is this normal? Been too long flying higher.

I’ve been watching multiple video on YouTube on imu calibration and compass calibration I’ve noticed some hold the air craft up when performing the stand up for imu and some let it sit on it legs so it is slanted a bit. What is proper? Also compass calibration, clock wise or counter clock wise?

Thanks.

when I flew it about 5 foot off the ground and go forward it it eventually starts going down towards the ground and when I stops it just hovers there and not recover back to 5 foot off the ground. I have redone the Imu and compass a few times. Still the same outcome. I have not built up confidence yet to fly high with the new firmware, I have flown it for 5+ hrs already. Is this normal?
It's not unusual for the Mavic Pro (or any DJI drone) to not be able to hold a precise altitude. Per the Mavic Pro specs, it should be able to hold an altitude of +/- 0.3 feet when the downward sensors are active or +/- 1.6 feet when the downward sensors are not active (or cannot accurately detect the ground). You might see a drop greater than that if moving very quickly when low to the ground.

If you're seeing an altitude drop that seems to be out of the spec range, then check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here.

I’ve been watching multiple video on YouTube on imu calibration and compass calibration I’ve noticed some hold the air craft up when performing the stand up for imu and some let it sit on it legs so it is slanted a bit. What is proper?
This is the proper way to perform the IMU calibration:

Also compass calibration, clock wise or counter clock wise?
Either way is okay. There is no advantage to turning in a specific direction.

Reactions: CrazyFreak
I updated the day it was released. I had my CrystalSky lock up once since, but I attribute that to the high heat that day. I've flown about an 85-90 minutes on it since updating.

Not sure what version I’m running, but mine flys perfect with great stability and video....I absolutely refuse to update!! It was manufactured 6-15-‘17 and I’ve owned it a few months less than that (about a year). I’m old school- ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’. ;)

After updating my firmware I have noticed that my flights without Internet connectivity result in tripod mode speeds. When I enable 3g on my iPhone 5s and relaunch the drone I get normal speeds. Prior to the firmware update I never encountered this issue. These are all right stick movements in default mode on the controller. climbing, descending are at normal rates though!
Has anyone else noticed this?

I did the upgrade to my Mavic Pro and controller and I upgraded to the latest DJI Go 4 app also. Now I am getting disconnects where I have to restart the app and reconnect. The disconnects occur when I'm only 150 feet from the MP with no obstruction. I'm afraid to go any farther with it until I see the disconnects go away. It's a little frustrating being fearful of a flyaway or some other unpredictable disaster.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan