DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.04.0400? Issues?

How has your experience been with the latest version of firmware 1.04.0400?

• I have updated and had no problems with the install or operation afterwards.

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • I have updated and had some problems with the install but got it working afterwards.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install but my Mavic still works.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install and my Mavic doesnt work now..

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
I had some issiuse, will try later again. but I think I'm going to roll back to 300FW until app gets updated on Android.

1. REC problem
- I take off my dron and decided to take som fotage, by presing REC everything was ok, so I got my fotade done, by pressing REC button again and...nothing... had to lande ant turn of everything, afcourse footage was damaged.. in got this problem again then I started to fly.

2. Drone diconnected message - I saw this masage, but drone was normaly controled despite this red warning :/ and I saw camare view.

3. Tracking object - by turning on everything was ok, while filming moving object along the road by the lake, drone position was above lake about 4 meters, then I decided to track the same object back and my camera gimble started to shaking :/ like crazy - again fotage was lost, becouse I have to turn off drone :/ REC button was not working.

4. Phone icon on REC button - have no idea what that dows but I think it's indikate that fotage is recording just into phones memory.

Reactions: Former Member
I have had a miserable time of it...Received a new "refurbished" unit due to warranty issue on original mpp core board going out, The new refurb, via dji assistant 2 downloads, finally installs update (after 5 tries,) transmits to mpp, and now won't fly...I was also getting an error that I was out of the 30 m range, well I was NOT in the beginner mode, I had a 100m height limit and I had a 2000m distance limit. The drone kept wanting to fly where ever it wanted, I was lucky to get it back on the ground, now I am nervous to fly it. It would say "landing" and I couldn't override the process, I was panicked. This is the third problem in 3 months with this drone.

Finally got the Mavic Pro Platinum upgraded - Assistant 2 did the Controller easy - would not upgrade PRO - so when I started it up - up came the new software upgrade required message - I used my phone and it took a couple of attempts but finally downloaded to phone and then after several attempts uploaded to Mavic. Way too slow and even though the Mavic fan was on and 70 degrees I was worried about overheating - took it out to fly after letting everything cool and all was good - rock steady - I did do a compass recalculate but nothing else - I found out the plug wire from controller to phone - that always seemed to cause some sort of disconnect from phone to Mavic the slide used on controller for phone plug was backwards causing the phone plug not to fully engage the phone no matter if you thought it was seated. I reversed that and phone plug now seats properly so I hope that problem disappears. Now if I don’t have those bad Controller to Mavic disconnects all will be well in Montana. Thanks to all for help along the way!
I had very similar issues.

Not for nothing, but I am wondering if the delay of See Bigger Picture event is somehow tied to this new firmware. I think they "upgraded" the firmware for the new mavic2 and it is causing lots of errors for our "older" models. I keep getting obstacle sensing errors and drone won't fly, this may be because there aren't any "extra" sensors on the mpp. They have to be tied together...The new firmware released right before the mavic 2 release...hmmm anyone else see a coincidence???

Not for nothing, but I am wondering if the delay of See Bigger Picture event is somehow tied to this new firmware. I think they "upgraded" the firmware for the new mavic2 and it is causing lots of errors for our "older" models. I keep getting obstacle sensing errors and drone won't fly, this may be because there aren't any "extra" sensors on the mpp. They have to be tied together...The new firmware released right before the mavic 2 release...hmmm anyone else see a coincidence???
I upgraded my MP Wednesday and it flew perfectly. I was super excited because I never was able to get the infinate focus (hope I said that right)......everything in focus to work. Then I landed and changed batteries and when I went back up couldn't get it to work, but as for the update mine flew perfectly. Flew a little over a mile away and back with no issues. I will fly a little later and report any issues if any.

Downloaded the new firmware the other day and now when I fly my camera is very pixelated and something can't keep up. Was working perfect before this firmware update. Is anybody else having these kind of issues?

mine still shows updates required. the about screen shows version 01.04.0400 and next to it updates available. DJI told me its because my phone (samsung neo) is incompatible,which does not sound credible.
After using the application to update everything, I still had a notice on the connected phone an update was still due. So, I ran the update over the phone/RC to the aircraft and that seemed to satisfy the alert. Pay attention to your battery levels. Don't start without having 100% on all your batteries.

Had some very odd problems with my Mavic Air this evening. I was out in a fairly rural location and turned everything on, no issues, took off and flew out over the river around 90metres from where I was standing and got Signal Lost. I could see the drone right in front of me. I waited thinking the signal would recover but it didn't.
I tried ascending as I still appeared to have some control and it went up and just hovered, until it eventually seemed to respond to RTH and flew back overhead. I cancelled RTH- took it out again and immediately lost signal again. The Firmware update notice then appeared on screen- it had not previous to taking off.
I checked antennas were all fully connected and handset- all good, so RTH and landed manually. Checked the aerials were both extended on drone- I was sure they were but you never know.All good- took off again and flew 120 degrees from the previous course. Lost signal again at about 60metres. Returned. Checked wifi, almost no signals in the area and no interference reported.
Couldn't figure out issue but had lots of battery life so wondered if maybe app had updated and was now incompatible in some way with aircraft f/w. Risky I know but opted to do the f/w update there and then. Only seemed to take 5 mins tops. Reset everything, now reporting all up to date again, took off and more Signal Loss.
Not sure whats going on. Going to take the drone up the field in the morning here where I know I get no issues usually and see if it still has a problem or if its something localised to where I was flying. I also saw a video tonight on You Tube saying the correct app version is 4.2.22 but mines is 4.2.20 and I see no updates in the Google Play store and the app says up to date. First serious app/control issues I have had since I got the drone.

I upgraded my MP Wednesday and it flew perfectly. I was super excited because I never was able to get the infinate focus (hope I said that right)......everything in focus to work. Then I landed and changed batteries and when I went back up couldn't get it to work, but as for the update mine flew perfectly. Flew a little over a mile away and back with no issues. I will fly a little later and report any issues if any.
UPDATE: I flew a little earlier and I also had the initial white video until I calibrated the gimbal and reset my camera settings......actually after the gimbal calibration there was no change. I did them both separately, with an actual powerdown after gimbal calibration. I wasn't sure if it was the video I was seeing just on my phone that was whited out or actually no image at all from my MP. So I took a pic.......there was no image. Only white. During my flight the controller said I lost connection, but I actually had full control. I landed did a power reset and took her back up. She flew perfectly otherwise. Might try and roll back later tonight. Hope this helps someone out. I attached the pic below.org_e491f147bb1942b6_1531512778000.jpeg

Had some very odd problems with my Mavic Air this evening. I was out in a fairly rural location and turned everything on, no issues, took off and flew out over the river around 90metres from where I was standing and got Signal Lost. I could see the drone right in front of me. I waited thinking the signal would recover but it didn't.
I tried ascending as I still appeared to have some control and it went up and just hovered, until it eventually seemed to respond to RTH and flew back overhead. I cancelled RTH- took it out again and immediately lost signal again. The Firmware update notice then appeared on screen- it had not previous to taking off.
I checked antennas were all fully connected and handset- all good, so RTH and landed manually. Checked the aerials were both extended on drone- I was sure they were but you never know.All good- took off again and flew 120 degrees from the previous course. Lost signal again at about 60metres. Returned. Checked wifi, almost no signals in the area and no interference reported.
Couldn't figure out issue but had lots of battery life so wondered if maybe app had updated and was now incompatible in some way with aircraft f/w. Risky I know but opted to do the f/w update there and then. Only seemed to take 5 mins tops. Reset everything, now reporting all up to date again, took off and more Signal Loss.
Not sure whats going on. Going to take the drone up the field in the morning here where I know I get no issues usually and see if it still has a problem or if its something localised to where I was flying. I also saw a video tonight on You Tube saying the correct app version is 4.2.22 but mines is 4.2.20 and I see no updates in the Google Play store and the app says up to date. First serious app/control issues I have had since I got the drone.

EVERYONE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS FIRMWARE UPGRADE!!!

I almost lost my Mavic Pro while ocean fishing on a boat. Just like above, I lost control of my Mavic and it flew back to home. It started to land! But the signal was re-established and I safely landed.

Almost lost my Mavic while ocean fishing

Tried to update it numerous times, but each time my mavic atomically restarted causing my update to fail.

I'm not quite sure it was the updates fault, before I tried the update my camera would not be able to get a live video signal and when it did it was lagging, pixelated, and eventually cut out and lost signal. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. My connection with the rc and drone is fine.

How has your experience been with the new firmware update 01.04.0400 released July 4, 2018? Is anyone currently having problems, or had problems with it? This firmware will not allow you to roll back to a previous version once you attempt and/or complete the update.

Please feel free to share your update experience.
Hi all ! After this upgrade i cannot downgrade to previous firmware and the video is pixelled. Mi phone is Android. There is anybody Who solved these problems?

I almost lost my Mavic Pro while ocean fishing on a boat. Just like above, I lost control of my Mavic and it flew back to home. It started to land!
FWIW, your flight log shows you tapped the auto land icon on the left side of DJI GO.

Reactions: Cutaway

@msinger what do you think about this signal loss anomaly? I know it's a Mavic Air vs. my Mavic Pro.

Hi all ! After this upgrade i cannot downgrade to previous firmware and the video is pixelled. Mi phone is Android. There is anybody Who solved these problems?
I was able to downgrade. Make sure your are using the latest Assistant 2 software. What did it say on the screen where it showed your current version?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom