DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 3 weeks with the M2P

mikestrasser

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I got my M2P three weeks ago now, I did some test flights and created a lot of pictures with it. It is the first drone I every owned and I’m so impressed by the fact that the same location where I took a ton of pictures with a DSLR looks so stunning and different from the air!
This is the main reason and purpose I bought the M2P, I love photography, but I’m not in videography (maybe in the future, but for now focus on photography).

Hope you guys like the pictures and find some time for a quick feedback!

cheers!

aigen_house.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0118.jpg
    DJI_0118.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 54
  • DJI_0119.jpg
    DJI_0119.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 53
  • DJI_0122.jpg
    DJI_0122.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 56
  • DJI_0123.jpg
    DJI_0123.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 57
  • DJI_0134.jpg
    DJI_0134.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 60
  • DJI_0135.jpg
    DJI_0135.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 58
  • DJI_0136.jpg
    DJI_0136.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 51
  • irrsee_panorama_autumn.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
  • irrsee_panorama_sun.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
Very nice! Ive only had mine for a week and really like the image quality and platform. Much improved over the mavic pro. Just got the smart controller too and together its a solid package.

Its pretty nice, fast setup. Bigger screen than my iphone 7, much brighter, and dont need to worry about draining phone battery. So far so good

Very nice !!

I started with my IPhone 7 the larger one... it was nice! Then I got the new pro max iPhone... it’s amazing!!! But, having your phone as your screen can cause some issues! I suggest the smart controller! I love it! Works great for easy setup and fly! You can find deals on them as well! Just becoming a member of this forum (the pay version, which is great support) you’ll gain access to special deals! Get that SC for a few buck less maybe!? But in the end, supporting our great community.
Enjoy!

Its pretty nice, fast setup. Bigger screen than my iphone 7, much brighter, and dont need to worry about draining phone battery. So far so good

fun stuff, I use an "old" iphone X which is not in use anymore for the mavic only :D
I also have a powerbank in the bag as well to charge the phone (just in case it dies), but the smart controller would be a much better solution.

What about battery life with the smart controller? Does it last longer?

fun stuff, I use an "old" iphone X which is not in use anymore for the mavic only :D
I also have a powerbank in the bag as well to charge the phone (just in case it dies), but the smart controller would be a much better solution.

What about battery life with the smart controller? Does it last longer?
Battery life in the SC is hard to compare to the RC with a phone... cause you have two batteries to worry about. Phone and stock RC. But, the stock RC does do a good job! No joke! I do feel the Smart controller holds charge a bit longer. I’ve ran a few flights, played around with it (constantly) updated apps, and play games... Still on the same charge.. tho, I’m at 35% it’s taken a while. Granted no one likes running the remotes low before flight, so at 15 percent I try to run it down without using the AC. Then charge up. Granted I’ve done this once.

Battery life in the SC is hard to compare to the RC with a phone... cause you have two batteries to worry about. Phone and stock RC. But, the stock RC does do a good job! No joke! I do feel the Smart controller holds charge a bit longer. I’ve ran a few flights, played around with it (constantly) updated apps, and play games... Still on the same charge.. tho, I’m at 35% it’s taken a while. Granted no one likes running the remotes low before flight, so at 15 percent I try to run it down without using the AC. Then charge up. Granted I’ve done this once.

hmm, may I should consider the RC for ?
I'm just wondering if the Mavic 3 Pro rumors are true and I wait for that device and than buy the RC?! What do you think?

hmm, may I should consider the RC for ?
I'm just wondering if the Mavic 3 Pro rumors are true and I wait for that device and than buy the RC?! What do you think?
Agree.... I’m a bit nervous.. but this is the electronics game. The Mavic 3 roomers have stopped me from buying another bird... yet focus on a new computer first.

i don’t know exactly what your saying or what you mean by may I should consider RC... please try that again.

Agree.... I’m a bit nervous.. but this is the electronics game. The Mavic 3 roomers have stopped me from buying another bird... yet focus on a new computer first.

i don’t know exactly what your saying or what you mean by may I should consider RC... please try that again.

Yeah, when the rumors are true and they again increase the image quality at a Mavic 3, this would be a reason for me to buy it probably. The most important thing for me is the image quality, I really don't care about rage or hight, because everything is so limited and in every country its different, so I'm more than happy with range an height on the M2P but an improved image quality is something what I would love!

I mean, I'm not sure if I should by the Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 now or if it would be good to wait if the Mavic 3 is worth it and buy the new drone including the Smart Controller than...hmmm

Hey Guys,

I got my M2P three weeks ago now, I did some test flights and created a lot of pictures with it. It is the first drone I every owned and I’m so impressed by the fact that the same location where I took a ton of pictures with a DSLR looks so stunning and different from the air!
This is the main reason and purpose I bought the M2P, I love photography, but I’m not in videography (maybe in the future, but for now focus on photography).

cheers!

View attachment 86464

I tried to edit your first image in Photoshop to remove of the distance haze and darkened the sky a bit. Here is the before and after.aigen_house.jpgaigen_house.-retouched with PS.jpg

Reactions: Vapor069 and SO1879
That's true!
I mean the mountains in the back and the forest looks great, but what do you think about the clouds?
Yes- I over-did the clouds. Easy to fix. My point being that using a graduated filter on images where the lighting is bright on the top and dark on the bottom or the other way around is a way I get around unevenly lit landscapes. The key word is GRADIENT FILTER.

Yes- I over-did the clouds. Easy to fix. My point being that using a graduated filter on images where the lighting is bright on the top and dark on the bottom or the other way around is a way I get around unevenly lit landscapes. The key word is GRADIENT FILTER.

Yes, you are maybe right!
Problem with this picture was that I did the first shots with the drone in the full automatic mode, so not really a chance to handle, exposure, shutter, etc. Since I'm familiar with the Mavic, the manual mode works way better with pictures like this!

Yes, you are maybe right!
Problem with this picture was that I did the first shots with the drone in the full automatic mode, so not really a chance to handle, exposure, shutter, etc. Since I'm familiar with the Mavic, the manual mode works way better with pictures like this!
Hey Guys,

cheers!
Nice set of shots!I agree wholeheartedly about the beauty found from the air.Opens up a whole new world of photo ops and things that are nearly invisible from land are revealed.Are you near an ocean?The most amazing thing to me was shooting the sandbars at low tide.Virtually invisible from land but an incredible sight from the air.Wonderful textures and shapes.Highway interchanges just after sunset are wondrous too with the sunset colors and car lights.Enjoy!

View attachment 86464

I can fly 4 batteries without worrying about my rc even being close to low charge.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007