DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash of my Mavic Mini

.... the FC concluded you were too close to the ground and landed....

Under such condition, the FC will command the craft to land only if the throttle stick is held fully down. The OP have done the opposite-full throttle up so the crash was due to some other reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peio64270

As I have expected earlier. This case is similar to this one : DJI Mavic Mini Erratic Aircraft Behavior and Crash

The craft was still behaving normally at this point. Full forward elevator, tilting angle about 15 degree ( see the attitude chart on the right ) , speed about 13 mph

fine.JPG

However, shortly afterwards, something has gone wrong. Despite full forward elevator, the craft didn't tilt at all and there was almost no forward speed. This is a sign of insufficient power from the motors at the back. To force the craft to tilt ( nose down ), the only thing the flight controller could do is to reduce the power of the motors at the front. This would end up in the power of all motors reduced so the craft was unable to maintain altitude and dropped to the ground.

no tilting.JPG

If you can supply the .DAT files, it will be easier to indentify the actual reason. Follow this thread to get the .DAT file : Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

Under such condition, the FC will command the craft to land only if the throttle stick is held fully down.
Normally, yes. However, if and (IF), this is related to the other uncommanded descents, it further points to a firmware bug, IMO.

As I have expected earlier. This case is similar to this one : DJI Mavic Mini Erratic Aircraft Behavior and Crash

The craft was still behaving normally at this point. Full forward elevator, tilting angle about 15 degree ( see the attitude chart on the right ) , speed about 13 mph

View attachment 91219

However, shortly afterwards, something has gone wrong. Despite full forward elevator, the craft didn't tilt at all and there was almost no forward speed. This is a sign of insufficient power from the motors at the back. To force the craft to tilt ( nose down ), the only thing the flight controller could do is to reduce the power of the motors at the front. This would end up in the power of all motors reduced so the craft was unable to maintain altitude and dropped to the ground.

View attachment 91220

If you can supply the .DAT files, it will be easier to indentify the actual reason. Follow this thread to get the .DAT file : Flight log retrieval and analysis guide
They dont seem to be there only one is shown?

....flight from last weekend too pls DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

OK, I have taken a second look at the flight data and saw the rapid drop in altitude you have mentioned. I think it was caused by a sudden change in wind direction during which the air flow was typically very turbulent. There could be a momentary down flow of air pushing the drone towards the ground.

analysis.JPG

OK, I have taken a second look at the flight data and saw the rapid drop in altitude you have mentioned. I think it was caused by a sudden change in wind direction during which the air flow was typically very turbulent. There could be a momentary down flow of air pushing the drone towards the ground.

View attachment 91271
Thanks for looking again i thought it may have been wind but thanks for checking. Can you help retrieve .dat files?

@Thompson973 Both of these files are un-readable. Thes aren't by chance from the aircraft itself are they?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos