DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash with a tree, hanging, strange behaviour.

Hodei

Reactions
Hi there,

Well, I write to introduce myself and at the same time ask for your help.
First of all, sorry for my english level, I am learning...
I'm Hodei, and recently I got a Mavic Pro with the intention of starting to use it for future jobs.
After several flights(6/7) without problems, the other day my drone made a strange thing and he had gone backwards to a tree.
I give you data to see if you can help me:
-Mavic pro + Ipad air2 + cable connected to the USB (I have read that this is the best for the signal.)
In the flight area, there are no cables or anything similar to less than 500 meters minimum.

I have saved the flight data, and here is the link to see it:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

So I put the drone in a field, I prepare everything and I fly it. I do some first videos, and when he has low battery, I send him back with the RTH.
Everything was going well, until when it is about 3/5 meters off the ground, landing. Suddenly the drone goes away and goes back fast, hitting a pine tree there.
I first try to take it manually forward, but I do not have time for anything. And seeing him hanged already in the pine tree, I give the lever down to turn off motors and do not **** anymore. (If instead of hanging would had fallen, it would have been much worse, since there was rock on the ground ...)
I climb the pine tree, pick it up and lower it.
At first glance it seems that it is good, instead of that it had a little bit of leaf marks ...

I look at it well, it seems that had not suffered much and to prove that it flies, I try it again, very scared, of course.
And in principle it flies well.
here the test flight after the breakdown:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

So I do not know very well if I should send DJI an email, or what to do. I have not had the chance to fly it again, but I'm a little scared that I'll go away and crash again.

Thank you very much!

No one can help me with this?
I send an email to DJI for help or repalcement, but I want to know wich is the problem.

I have been thinking that could be the grass on the floor, and teh "precision landing" setting active, but I dont know.

thanks again

Reactions: Callum
I'm not an expert on logs but to me it looks like RTH has brought the aircraft back to the recorded GPS coordinates.

It has then started descending until within range of VPS sensors and attempted precision landing.

Looks like the aircraft was searching for landing point using VPS and it caused it to move 23ft and collide with tree.

Wether that's normal behaviour I don't know.

Hopefully someone more experienced will have a look.

Reactions: Hodei
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada