DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone flight

CrankyDrone

Reactions
Hi

My local park was quiet today so I took my Mavic for it's maiden flight. It was a short 5 minute flight as I packed up when I heard approaching kids but I now know how easy it is to fly the thing, in beginner mode at least.

I used to fly rc aircraft in the late 90's and gave it up after some expensive mistakes so I am happy to be flying something that can hover and take care of itself whilst I am learning.

It's slow in beginners mode but I will resist the urge to turn it off until I have hours rather than minutes of flight time logged.

Hi

My local park was quiet today so I took my Mavic for it's maiden flight. It was a short 5 minute flight as I packed up when I heard approaching kids but I now know how easy it is to fly the thing, in beginner mode at least.

I used to fly rc aircraft in the late 90's and gave it up after some expensive mistakes so I am happy to be flying something that can hover and take care of itself whilst I am learning.

It's slow in beginners mode but I will resist the urge to turn it off until I have hours rather than minutes of flight time logged.
I often start in beginner mode as a sort of check flight, pretty much ensures it knows its home point is where I'm flying it, not where I last flew it. On Facebook I've just read yet another post that read something like pressed RTH and it flew off, wtf happened?? He forgot to reset the home button - so it returned to where he last flew it!! I've had a great day flying a long the River Nene today, just recharging batteries now. See you soon if the weather stays fine. Got tripod mode sussed today but need some new sunglasses and a screen holder and shade, well holder, shade arrived yesterday.

Reactions: CrankyDrone
I often start in beginner mode as a sort of check flight, pretty much ensures it knows its home point is where I'm flying it, not where I last flew it. On Facebook I've just read yet another post that read something like pressed RTH and it flew off, wtf happened?? He forgot to reset the home button - so it returned to where he last flew it!! I've had a great day flying a long the River Nene today, just recharging batteries now. See you soon if the weather stays fine. Got tripod mode sussed today but need some new sunglasses and a screen holder and shade, well holder, shade arrived yesterday.
Reset the Home button.

I'll remember that.

Reactions: FL1H1
Best thing about the Air for me is that if I get flustered I can let go of the sticks and the quad just stops and sits there in the air until I get my act together.

Yup, pro does this as well mind you
I assume so - this is my first commercial quad after several years of not flying. Used to build my own and I really appreciate these units' friendliness.

Dig into the checks to perform before you fly. Especially compass facing , ensuring gps lock, etc. That way you don’t end up like other new fliers and post a lost story! Helped me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark