DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First flight ever!

Video looked good at 1080 , but I agree when you start counting sheep with your drone , you are hooked. ?

I think were going to see some really beautiful countryside from you in the near future.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on the Water.

Reactions: vindibona1 and Tig
Video looked good at 1080 , but I agree when you start counting sheep with your drone , you are hooked. ?

I think were going to see some really beautiful countryside from you in the near future.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on the Water.
We get used to them this field is at the bottom of our garden.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yep. You've caught the bug. The good news is that you've got several months of joyful flying before you start thinking about expanding your arsenal. Not out of boredom... but it's kind of like potato chips. You can't do just one.

I wish this wasn't so true.

• Haha
Reactions: Tig
I had my first drone flight today with my new MA2. I did some very basic maneuvers and shot a few pictures just to say I did. Aircraft control and mastery is my first goal. Photos and video can come after that. I guess that comes from years as a airplane flight instructor. I give you credit for your video on a maiden voyage. Good for you!!

Reactions: JackL and Tig
This does get juddery but that happened when uploaded - I've no idea what I am doing with setting up a 4k HDR project in Premiere Pro 2021, let alone how to properly export.

This isn't a sexy flight, I was learning, well, everything, so was taking my time.

You can make this a better video by editing out parts of the long still (hovering) shots. The rest of your first try was quite good.

Reactions: KurtpH and Tig
Thanks for the link - now I want to spend the rest of the day digging into the history of this place! I'm sure the sheep find the drone sound calming.
There are about 100+ such sites within 20 minutes of here. If you ever find yourself this side of the pond give me a shout, I'll give you the tour (and have a 120/240 inverter for the car too, so can charge on the go :D )

Very nice. My expertise is very limited but I think the stutter is GPU/CPU over load. It takes a pretty hard core computer to process 4k video. If you convert or down scale the 4k to 1080p then do your editing and finally export to MP4, there will be no stutter and any other editing like music, titles, fades etc will be smooth and still look great most any where except maybe the big screen.

There are about 100+ such sites within 20 minutes of here. If you ever find yourself this side of the pond give me a shout, I'll give you the tour (and have a 120/240 inverter for the car too, so can charge on the go :D )
You're on, friend. Keep posting those videos - you have a fan here.

Very nice. My expertise is very limited but I think the stutter is GPU/CPU over load. It takes a pretty hard core computer to process 4k video. If you convert or down scale the 4k to 1080p then do your editing and finally export to MP4, there will be no stutter and any other editing like music, titles, fades etc will be smooth and still look great most any where except maybe the big screen.
2 x 24 Core Epyc Rome, 256 Gig Ram, RTX 5000 - It's what I use for Virtual Production stuff. The drives are 5 x 4TB NVME

It's way overkill for this stuff but as I've got it here for work, it would be rude not to abus... err.. Borrow it.

Reactions: JackL
2 x 24 Core Epyc Rome, 256 Gig Ram, RTX 5000 - It's what I use for Virtual Production stuff. The drives are 5 x 4TB NVME

It's way overkill for this stuff but as I've got it here for work, it would be rude not to abus... err.. Borrow it.

I would be far more inclined to edit my video if I had a rig like that!

• Haha
Thanks for the link - now I want to spend the rest of the day digging into the history of this place! I'm sure the sheep find the drone sound calming.
I agree. Such beautiful landscape.

What have you found interesting to shoot in our area? We don't have that kind of landscape now, do we? At least not within several hours drive... and especially not for another month or so until something turns green.

I agree. Such beautiful landscape.

What have you found interesting to shoot in our area? We don't have that kind of landscape now, do we? At least not within several hours drive... and especially not for another month or so until something turns green.
I'm close to the lake, so I tend to do the shoreline, parks, museums, and cemeteries (from high up, of course - don't want to disturb mourners). How about you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine