DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight yesterday with the MP2Z. Gimble problem

QSilver

Reactions
Where, Illinois. Temp, 20. So figured I’d take it outside for about 10 minutes along with an extra battery to get acclimated to the temp before letting everything warm up and do preflight. The gimble said it was under a high load, after trying twice to start up I took it back inside to do the start up and everything worked fine. First flight and everything worked as it should after the warmup. Has anyone else had this problem due to temps? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Reactions: Former Member
If it happens again I'd return it for a replacement. DJI's quality control is mediocre at best. Plenty of folks fly well below 20 degrees and have no problems, as long as the battery is warm before flight.

Where, Illinois. Temp, 20. So figured I’d take it outside for about 10 minutes along with an extra battery to get acclimated to the temp before letting everything warm up and do preflight. The gimble said it was under a high load, after trying twice to start up I took it back inside to do the start up and everything worked fine. First flight and everything worked as it should after the warmup. Has anyone else had this problem due to temps? Thanks for the advice in advance.

I'll ask for a bit of clarification. You mentioned "to get it acclimated" - does that mean, allowing the drone and batteries to come down to that outside temperature? If so, that could be putting a strain on the startup. Most suggestions are to keep the batteries warm inside a jacket or car and then put it in the drone and allow the motors to run to warm it all up.

I apologize if I misread your post.

Reactions: JDawg
That’s correct, I’ve read that somewhere, not the batteries though. But it just didn’t make since when I brought it inside and started it right away and it worked correctly. I’ll try again today to see if it does the same thing. Thanks for the reply.

Virtually every post you read about people flying in the cold it is noted you must keep the batteries warm before flying.

On startup, anything touching the gimbal or camera from under the aircraft, even grass or wrinkles in the launch pad, can cause that warning as well.

On startup, anything touching the gimbal or camera from under the aircraft, even grass or wrinkles in the launch pad, can cause that warning as well.
Good point. I am surprised by how short the legs are.

Got to recommend PolarPro Retract Folding Landing Gear for DJI Mavic 2. They fold up so that I don't have to remove them to fit in my "FlyMore" bag!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661