DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Griffin

Reactions
After receiving my Mavic on Friday and charging and updating yesterday while it rained, I was able to get in my first flights today. In a word - phenomenal - although also a bit overwhelming. As expected the Mavic is rock solid in the air. Return to home put it back on the landing pad in exactly the same position as it took off from. It had to be within an inch or two - as close to the exact takeoff spot as we could tell with our eyes. Video quality was excellent - much better than I had expected. I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube, etc. where fine detail looks blocky from compression and movement is stuttering. I'm now convinced that at least some of that is from processing/uploading/downloading to/from YouTube. Straight off the SD card the video (4k, 30fps) is really good.

I was also able to the cached video with audio off of the iPad mini and to upload log files to the Phantom Help log viewer and then download the kml file - very nice - thank you msinger! I was not able to get the files off the aircraft to look at motor current etc. but I'll leave that for another day.

Reactions: smatthews
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242