DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First mavic, crash within 2 minutes

This may be a bit of a long shot, but folks like to put those magnetic holders on their phones these days. The sticks in the remote control are hall effect and sensitive to magnetism. I had an issue when I was holding a slightly magnetized metallic object in my hand along with the remote. May not be the problem here, but is something to think about.

Reactions: Pixar
I've tried to do the IMU, no change. I can't recalibrate the Gimbal because the status is N/A & the gimbal button does not show in the menu.

As a new member and soon to be first time drone owner can someone summarize what I should take away from this discussion?

Thanks!

As a new member and soon to be first time drone owner can someone summarize what I should take away from this discussion?
A few things:
  • What goes up must come down.

• Consider flying in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles until you have a good understanding of how your drone works.

• Flight logs don't always explain the cause of a problem.

• DJI drones can be very expensive to fix when crashed. Consider purchasing DJI Care Refresh or 3rd party insurance (like State Farm) if that's not a cost you're prepared to pay out of your pocket.

To ensure a good connection between your controller and your mobile device, consider using the full size USB A port on the bottom of the controller instead of the Micro USB port on the side.

Yes, always ensure a perfect USB connection between your phone and remote. Ever since I switched to the bottom large port I've been doing tons of 4 battery long flights with no issues.

When I first got the thing, I never expected a poorly working cord/port.

I've still got to get my gimbal fixed, but I'm doing fine with facing forward only.(for now)

I fly from my house with 4g on....never ever had a problem?‍♂️

I fly from my house with 4g on....never ever had a problem?‍♂️
Yea, i never use airplane mode and have no issues. What fixed my issues was switching from the micro usb port to the full size usb port.

Yes ive always used the bottom port....side port strictly for charging?

Reactions: Brewbud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser