DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First real video from my M2

BrianA

Reactions
I have had my Mini 2 for a while now but have done nothing but training flights. Well, today, a friend of mine who is a duck hunter, wanted me to take some shots of his duck club from a duck's perspective. The season is closed, so there is no issue with droning like this. Anyway, we were driving around and found a field FULL of snow geese. So, we stopped and sent the aircraft up and got these two vids. I am my own worst critic, but, I think it turned out quite good considering I am not a video kinda guy. I've been into still photography for almost 40 years but I really like the video challenge. Obviously, I need more practice at smoother camera movement, but, I think this isn't too bad for the first time out with serious subject matter.

Reactions: Crash Gibby
Not too bad Brian, I always found the turning shots the hardest. Having that control to slowly pan around and not blur the shot. 👍
Regards

Reactions: Crash Gibby
I have had my Mini 2 for a while now but have done nothing but training flights. Well, today, a friend of mine who is a duck hunter, wanted me to take some shots of his duck club from a duck's perspective. The season is closed, so there is no issue with droning like this. Anyway, we were driving around and found a field FULL of snow geese. So, we stopped and sent the aircraft up and got these two vids. I am my own worst critic, but, I think it turned out quite good considering I am not a video kinda guy. I've been into still photography for almost 40 years but I really like the video challenge. Obviously, I need more practice at smoother camera movement, but, I think this isn't too bad for the first time out with serious subject matter.

Looked good to me. I see Geese are like sheep. They don't like drones.

Reactions: Gagey52
Looked good to me. I see Geese are like sheep. They don't like drones.
I was surprised I could get that close. The mini 2 is really quiet but I do think it startled the geese to keep their distance. BTW, the videos were set to all auto with no filters and no post processing. Also surprised at the quality with the basic settings.

Not too bad Brian, I always found the turning shots the hardest. Having that control to slowly pan around and not blur the shot. 👍
Regards
A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Beginner's luck to be able to just pan and follow the flight. I guess sometimes it's better to not know what you're doing. :)

Reactions: Gagey52

Dam those are nice nature shots, nice to be living in a area like that or near that, I live here in Los Angeles.. only moving shots like that is a High speed chase on the Frwy or Gang members dispersing at a scene of a location after a drive by shooting.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianA and Gagey52
Dam those are nice nature shots, nice to be living in a area like that or near that, I live here in Los Angeles.. only moving shots like that is a High speed chase on the Frwy or Gang members dispersing at a scene of a location after a drive by shooting.
That is sad and funny at the same time. I feel for you. I lived in CA for 24 years before moving away and don't miss it. Here in Oregon, it is not hard to be in the countryside within minutes. That's where I will be most of the time. This place is WMA (wildlife management area) and is 10 miles from downtown Portland, if you can believe that. Only about a 45min drive for me. Flying and video capture will certainly be a challenge for me but, probably and addicting kind of challenge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne